Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
14-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2014
LANDED..........
02-03-2014
Is it possible to get Bridging open work permit (provided all criteria are met for BOWP) via Flag poling procedure ?

Thanks

DirectEnergy

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Lolly23 said:
My Open WP is up the middle of March, I am sending my CEC application next week but I guess I will be waiting 3-4 months for my AOR.
Not necessarily. In my case getting an AOR took 6 weeks, I just got it earlier this week.

jangad

Star Member
Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My wife has applied for a Open Bridging Work Permit and she is not the Principal applicant. She just called CIC to check the status of her application and was informed that the application is still in process, due to the lack of information if the spouse is eligible for BOWP, she asked the agent to confirm, and the agent said she is not eligible for BOWP. This is so frustating ,before applying we were told by CIC that spouse is also eligible.Is anyone else in a similar situation or have any answers.Some thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
NOC-A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June, 2012
AOR Received.
6 Nov, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
27 Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26th April, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-May 2013; PPT returned 19-June, 2013
LANDED..........
21-June, 2013
jangad said:
Hi,

My wife has applied for a Open Bridging Work Permit and she is not the Principal applicant. She just called CIC to check the status of her application and was informed that the application is still in process, due to the lack of information if the spouse is eligible for BOWP, she asked the agent to confirm, and the agent said she is not eligible for BOWP. This is so frustating ,before applying we were told by CIC that spouse is also eligible.Is anyone else in a similar situation or have any answers.Some thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The BOWP application has to be submitted by the principal PR applicant. If you are the principal applicant in your PR application, then you can definitely include your wife in the application BOWP.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
anand243244 said:
Is it possible to get Bridging open work permit (provided all criteria are met for BOWP) via Flag poling procedure ?
No.

amarendrap

Feb 6, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
Med's Request
9-12-2013
Med's Done....
12-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2014
LANDED..........
14-05-2014
Hello,

I applied for PR under CEC however my WP is expiring this june, should I eligible for this type of work permit. But my employer is not going provide the LMO. Is LMO mandatory to apply this open work permit ?

green_dc

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
amarendrap said:
Hello,

I applied for PR under CEC however my WP is expiring this june, should I eligible for this type of work permit. But my employer is not going provide the LMO. Is LMO mandatory to apply this open work permit ?

No, you dont need LMO to apply for BOWP. Check this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

blch

Mar 10, 2013
Hello everyone,

This is a great news to find out.
however, I have certain questions if anyone can help would be appreciate.
Base on the requirement of BOWP,

1)The foreign national is currently in Canada;
2)They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
3)They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
4)They have made application for an open WP.

I'm currently working in Canada. I'm holding PGWP which I think it's open WP.
my PGWP is going to expire in June 15. That fit in "within 4 months"
However, I'm not sure the third one for myself.
I have applied CEC and I checked in CIC. It shows they received my application on Nov 22.
I also received a email from CIO that gave me my UCI and application number on Jan 21.
I'm not sure this is AOR or not. if not, Do I have to wait til I get AOR then apply this BOWP?

I would like to check with you guys again that.. once I applied BOWP before my PGWP expire, I'm legally continue to work right?

Thank you so much for the help.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
blch said:
Hello everyone,

This is a great news to find out.
however, I have certain questions if anyone can help would be appreciate.
Base on the requirement of BOWP,

1)The foreign national is currently in Canada;
2)They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
3)They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
4)They have made application for an open WP.

I'm currently working in Canada. I'm holding PGWP which I think it's open WP.
my PGWP is going to expire in June 15. That fit in "within 4 months"
However, I'm not sure the third one for myself.
I have applied CEC and I checked in CIC. It shows they received my application on Nov 22.
I also received a email from CIO that gave me my UCI and application number on Jan 21.
I'm not sure this is AOR or not. if not, Do I have to wait til I get AOR then apply this BOWP?

I would like to check with you guys again that.. once I applied BOWP before my PGWP expire, I'm legally continue to work right?

Thank you so much for the help.

Hi Blch,

The letter you received on January 21 is actually an AOR. If you check that email again, I am sure you will find the words "Acknowledgement of Receipt". This means, your application is good to go ahead in the process and as per the criteria mentioned on CIC website for BOWP - an AOR is all you need (among the other criterias).

And yes, PGWP is an open work permit as well, as you can literally switch employers without requiring new LMO process. So now when you will apply for BOWP, you will be applying to extend your current open work permit (which is the condition no.4). But on second page of the application, you can mention BRIDGING OPEN WORK PERMIT, just to be 100% clear to the visa officer.

Your last concern that while you have applied for BOWP, if your WP expires, are you still eligible to work. Basically meaning, once you applied for BOWP - are you under implied status. I'm not sure about that. I will leave for seniors to comment on that - and you can double check this with CIC call center as well.

Though I'd say that you may not need to be concerned about it. Considering if you are applying this week, and if you apply online which is quicker, it would take at most 60 days. I'm guessing your BOWP would be in your hand before your current wp expires in June 15 (which is 3 months away).

All the best.

blch

Mar 10, 2013
Thank you so much InfoSeeker12.

Looks like I'm good to go for the BOWP.
Thank again for the info.

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
hi there,

Quick question on "implied status". I believe while your application for OWP is in process, you will be given an implied status which allows you to continue working with your current employer even after you current WP expires. Is there anywhere in the CIC website that states so?

Thank in advance.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ottawa10 said:
hi there,

Quick question on "implied status". I believe while your application for OWP is in process, you will be given an implied status which allows you to continue working with your current employer even after you current WP expires. Is there anywhere in the CIC website that states so?

Thank in advance.
Do you mean to ask if your closed WP expires and you continue to work for your employer while your OWP is in processing?
Can we really do this way?

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
yahoo7 said:
Do you mean to ask if your closed WP expires and you continue to work for your employer while your OWP is in processing?
Can we really do this way?
Yahoo 7:
I have a PGWP which is expiring soon. My permanent residency application is in process and I've just received my AOR.
My intention is to apply for an OWP. My understanding is that if you meet the eligibility parameters for OWP, you will be given an implied status which allows you to continue working with your current employer while your OWP is in process, correct? If so, is there anywhere in the CIC website that states so?

mydandelions

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan. 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Mar. 4, 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
RPRF/Biodata Request Nov. 27, Medical Request Nov. 28, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 11, 2013 Meds sent Dec. 29, 2013
Passport Req..
March 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014
LANDED..........
March 29, 2014
Technically as I have understood,implied status will apply while waiting for your BOWP once your WP has expired.. There is no clear explanation of this so far (at least I haven't read any) in the CIC website. I'm guessing this is because it's a new program that they've launched and if you guys noticed, even the forms to be used are not updated (still old extension forms are currently available).

What's clear though is that this whole BOWP program was created to lower the intake of LMO apps to HRSDC, make extensions of WP's faster and easier life for those who are just waiting for PR decisions.

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
mydandelions said:
Technically as I have understood,implied status will apply while waiting for your BOWP once your WP has expired.. There is no clear explanation of this so far (at least I haven't read any) in the CIC website. I'm guessing this is because it's a new program that they've launched and if you guys noticed, even the forms to be used are not updated (still old extension forms are currently available).

What's clear though is that this whole BOWP program was created to lower the intake of LMO apps to HRSDC, make extensions of WP's faster and easier life for those who are just waiting for PR decisions.
Thanks, mydandelions,
My PGWP is expiring in a few weeks (and yes, my AOR came in just in time).
If "Implied Status" is explained in the CIC website, I thought I'd send a copy of it to my HR department to prove I can legally continue working, using the expired SIN till I receive an OW.