12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Implied status -
p. 45 -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf

p. 27 -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op11-eng.pdf

note that if you leave Canada while you are on implied status - you lose it.

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Thanks jes_ON ;)

I have a few questions on IMM5710 Application:

Under Coming into Canada, question 4: if applicable, provide the document number of the most recent...
- Is this where you provide you application number written on your AOR letter?

Under Details of Intended Work in Canada, I am applying for Open Work Permit.
I currently hold a PGWP and I will be working for the same employer. So I am referencing the name of the company.
BUT I do not have a LMO #.
- Can I leave it blank even I mention the name of the employer?
- Where in this application do you mention that you are applying for Bridging Open Work Permit?

Thanks in advance...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Ottawa10 said:
nder Coming into Canada, question 4: if applicable, provide the document number of the most recent...
- Is this where you provide you application number written on your AOR letter?

No, it asks for most recent visitor, work, or study permit only.

Under Details of Intended Work in Canada, I am applying for Open Work Permit.
I currently hold a PGWP and I will be working for the same employer. So I am referencing the name of the company.
BUT I do not have a LMO #.
- Can I leave it blank even I mention the name of the employer?
- Where in this application do you mention that you are applying for Bridging Open Work Permit?

There isn't any place on the paper application, That's why i recommend the online version. You complete a questionnaire before the forms, and submit that. On that you can indicate that you've received "approval in principal" (or similar language - for CEC, you received the AOR) on your PR application.

If you must file the paper application, I would just write a brief statement indicating that you're applying for the BOWP and attach a copy of your AOR...

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Thanks, Jes-ON

I will file it online and it did ask me that question but did no ask for my application file number. So i guess I do not have to indicate my application file number for my permanent residency?

With regards to the document number for the most recent work permit (in my case), where can I find the inform on my work permit? Should I just leave it blank?

I have one more question:
I am currently on PGWP which is expiring soon and applying for OWP. The employer will be the same as the one I am with (BUT I have no LMO). In this case, I am applying for:
- A work permit with the same employer
- A work permit with a new employer
OR
- Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

Which one does OWP with the same employer fall under?

Thank you in advance.

Alex677

Mar 15, 2013
Does anybody had an answer about open bridging work permit?
I applied to open WP December 27 and today get a call from CIC. The officer told me then I am not eligible to open WP because of the following
They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above;

I applied to CEC in September and get email with my application Id which was attached to my application to open WP, but the officer told he required something else.
Does anybody knows what exactly mean "positive eligibility decision"?

Thanks.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alex677 said:
Does anybody had an answer about open bridging work permit?
I applied to open WP December 27 and today get a call from CIC. The officer told me then I am not eligible to open WP because of the following
They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above;

I applied to CEC in September and get email with my application Id which was attached to my application to open WP, but the officer told he required something else.
Does anybody knows what exactly mean "positive eligibility decision"?

Thanks.
Your message is a little confusing...what is your status now and what was it that the officer requires from you? Also, its a little surprising that you got a telephone call from CIC instead of an email or a mail!!!

Alex677

Mar 15, 2013
I am on work permit right now, I get a new work permit (for different company) after I applied to open work permit, but the reason of refuse to issue open work permit was I don't have "positive eligibility decision". He did not explained what does it mean, so I just want to know if somebody already get open work permit and what documents they submit.
The officer called me because he has question on what company I am working right now (I had a work permit for one company, but then get a new WP for another company). Then I get a second call where he told me then I am not eligible to open work permit and he will issue me a work permit to my current company (because it's already expired).
Also does anybody applied to open work permit if his current work permit is not expired?

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a proof of inconsistency by CIC by denying a BOWP even if you meet the criteria. One more surprising piece is cic issuing you a WP for the current company without even you having a positive LMO!!!

Alex677

Mar 15, 2013
in fact I have LMO for my current company, and I applied to new WP for current company in January, after I applied to open WP.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, this might be the main reason why your BOWP might have been refused. You already had a positive LMO and application for a WP running in parallel to BOWP.

Read this article by cic...

Background

Qualifying foreign nationals who have submitted an application for PR and are awaiting a final decision may find themselves in situations where the validity of their current temporary WP is set to expire.

The applicant is then required to persuade his/her current employer to reapply for another LMO through HRSDC, or find a new employer altogether who is willing to hire him/her and go through the application process in obtaining an LMO. As an alternative, the applicant could apply to remain in Canada and extend their status as a visitor but then they would be unauthorized to work. Otherwise, they must leave Canada as they no longer have status.

Conversely, applicants who apply under in-Canada PR classes (Live-in Caregiver class, Spouses or Common-law Partners in Canada class, Protected Persons, etc.) become eligible for open WPs once their application has been “approved in principle”, or upon submission of their application. Furthermore, they do not require an LMO or job offer from an employer in support of the open WP.

An open WP, which allows a foreign national to work for any employer in Canada, will provide these applicants with better flexibility to integrate and navigate the Canadian labour market given that they have already been found eligible for PR in an economic program and may even be currently working in the Canadian labour market.

marcowatty

Feb 6, 2012
Hi everyone,

If we don't need an LMO, then how can we fill out (and validate) the required IMM5710E form? I'm confused as it requires an LMO number and my intended employment dates (start date has to be later than today...)

Thanks for any help.

Mark

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcowatty said:
Hi everyone,

If we don't need an LMO, then how can we fill out (and validate) the required IMM5710E form? I'm confused as it requires an LMO number and my intended employment dates (start date has to be later than today...)

Thanks for any help.

Mark
Are you filing for a BOWP?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
marcowatty said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for any help.

Mark
Choose Open Work Permit from work permit type and you shouldn't need to fill any information on LMO, or employer, type of employment, duration of employment, etc. for that matter.

If the form keeps forcing you (didn't in my case) then probably just put N/A (Not Applicable) in those input fields.

marcowatty

Feb 6, 2012
There's only 4 options on the form:

A work permit with the same employer
A work permit with a new employer
Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker
Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.

I selected "A work permit with the same employer" as i have a job and will be continuing with the same company (I do not have an LMO)

and yes, I am applying for a BOWP.