NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
shells said:
You need to look closer. It's under

Bridging Open WP Issuance

Applicants must submit an Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710], indicating that they are applying for an Open Work Permit.

It's in this page:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
hey this relly good new i have question regarding open worlk permit
is it only for those whos have work permit or those have study permit which is going to expired soon
and applied for cec

carlopop

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
15-08-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
08-11-2013
rajjj said:
is it only for those whos have work permit or those have study permit which is going to expired soon
and applied for cec
Get a pgwp first

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rajjj said:
and applied for cec
It is only for those on a valid work permit.

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
ioanag said:
I phoned CIC just now, I was advised to apply for the bridging open work permit as soon as possible since the processing time can take around 3 months and my pgwp is expiring in less than 3 weeks. They said there is no need for any employment letter as the wp is "open" and YES WE NEED TO COMPLETE THE [IMM5710] FOR EACH APPLICANT WHO IS REQUESTING AN OPEN WORK PERMIT, so we will need to fill one application for spouse or common-law as well.
Good luck to everyone!
For Primary applicant :So, we don't need to submit any job related documents...Is that correct? In the application form there is no separate option called "Bridge Open Wok permit" ...Do we need to write an letter to the Visa officer that we are applying for 'Bridge Open work permit" along with our AOR email. Also, we will not have a LMO number.
For my spouse, I am changing her status from 'TR" to worker ( She had her work permit initially which expired last june , she is on valid TR ( materinity break) ...she is planning to go back to work starting April/May time frame). So, what should be the option for question no 3? Is it 'A work permit with New Employer" ..She doesn't have a job offer yet..so what should we need to provide in employer details section....Appreciate any inputs. Thx....

deepak09

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
@IMMI_123,

Sorry guys if I am confusing you all but now even I am confused. Yesterday I called up CIC and they said only principal applicant of the PR application will get open work permit. Is that not true? I am getting a different idea from this forum.

Does anybody have a clear idea about it?

Thanks,
Deepak

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

To the best of my knowledge (I may be incorrect): -

- Anyone on application can potentially get an open permit
- However, they must have a WORK PERMIT of their own that is expiring within 4 months
- They must have received an AOR

The guidance does not say otherwise !

deepak09

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
@jsm0085,

Even I was under same impression before I called up CIC yesterday.

Thanks for your reply anyways.

Any other members who want to comment on this?

Thanks,
Deepak

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you considered calling CIC again to see if someone else has a different view? Previously I've had completely different responses form their call center agents !

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
IMMI_123 said:
For Primary applicant :So, we don't need to submit any job related documents...Is that correct?
Correct.

In the application form there is no separate option called "Bridge Open Wok permit" ...
Select "open work permit."

Do we need to write an letter to the Visa officer that we are applying for 'Bridge Open work permit" along with our AOR email.
It is probably not a bad idea if you are applying on paper. If you apply electronically, the form DOES to include questions related to the bridging open work permit, so you would not need to explain.

Also, we will not have a LMO number.
This is not applicable. "N/A"

Read the the operational bulletin-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

For my spouse, I am changing her status from 'TR" to worker ( She had her work permit initially which expired last june , she is on valid TR ( materinity break) ...she is planning to go back to work starting April/May time frame). So, what should be the option for question no 3? Is it 'A work permit with New Employer" ..She doesn't have a job offer yet..so what should we need to provide in employer details section....Appreciate any inputs. Thx....

This too is clearer and easier in the online application... you can submit your application and an application for a family member at the same time...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
deepak09 said:
@ IMMI_123,

Sorry guys if I am confusing you all but now even I am confused. Yesterday I called up CIC and they said only principal applicant of the PR application will get open work permit. Is that not true? I am getting a different idea from this forum.

It is unclear from the operational bulletin - even tho it does not specify "principal applicant only," it reads as if the bridging open work permit is only for the principal applicant.

HOWEVER - this does not change the fact that your spouse, if eligible for a spousal open work permit while you were on a TWP or PGWP, would remain eligible for the spousal open work permit on the basis of your BOWP.

This process is much clearer when you use the online application system. The paper-based application documents were not developed with the BOWP in mind, and have not been updated. The online application is more up-to-date in that sense...

frenchie

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 31st 2012
Doc's Request.
included with application
AOR Received.
Nov 8th 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Feb 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 14th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
LANDED..........
May 3rd 2013
jes_ON said:

It is unclear from the operational bulletin - even tho it does not specify "principal applicant only," it reads as if the bridging open work permit is only for the principal applicant.

HOWEVER - this does not change the fact that your spouse, if eligible for a spousal open work permit while you were on a TWP or PGWP, would remain eligible for the spousal open work permit on the basis of your BOWP.

This process is much clearer when you use the online application system. The paper-based application documents were not developed with the BOWP in mind, and have not been updated. The online application is more up-to-date in that sense...

Hi Jes_ON, thanks for sharing this information.
I`m in the same situation, I may have to get that BOWP (I`m the main CEC applicant), and my wife will need an OWP as well.
I called CIC twice : first guy didn`t want to answer my question initially because my WP is not within four months from expiring, second guy was a bit more cooperative; but overall not really helpful : one said only one application is required (mentioning my wife and I on that application), the other one said two applications. But not of them seemed really confident of their answers... It might also have to be that only I can apply, and then I`ll have to sponsor her later.

In your opinion, what would be the best way to get that information. The status of the spouse with regards to BOWP is very unclear, even in the bulletin as you mentioned.

Many thanks in advance !

Islington

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have submitted my application just before Chirstmas..Did not have time to wait and ask around because our WP was about to expire in December 30, 2012. I did apply for me and my spuse at the same time, same envelope, different application filled and signed.. The same thing when we first applied for the renewal...Main WP renewal and spousal open WP renewal both at the same time, and it worked before...

frenchie

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 31st 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 8th 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Feb 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 14th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
LANDED..........
May 3rd 2013
Thanks for the info Islington.

I would be great if you could update us when you hear back about your and your wife's WP applications under that bridging open work permit program.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frenchie said:
Thanks for the info Islington.

I would be great if you could update us when you hear back about your and your wife's WP applications under that bridging open work permit program.
It's available to both applications - I've just called CIC.

The purpose of the visa is to ensure families don't loose jobs and can continue to support themselves while waiting on word on CEC. It would not be introduced only for one applicant.