+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Look at the table at the bottom of the article. It's hard to believe this kind of incompetence is even possible.
Well I always thought something like this is the case, unless why AUG 2019 AOR are still awaiting decision and some NOV 22 AOR's have already got passport stamped with PR.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
PR Card question:

Hi Guys,

I will move to Canada permanently in Jan 2023. During my soft landing Officer did not allow me give an address for the PR card. Now, what is the procedure to apply for the PR card after I move to Canada? Can the officers apply it at the border when I move permanently or should I apply by myself?
You don't apply the first time. PR card is automatically printed after landing if your photos are ok. You need to raise a webform and provide your Canadian address and it will be mailed to you. Only time you apply is for renewal or a lost card.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I got my upfront Medicals done last year 24 Dec 2021, I also used the same Medical for my International Experience Canada (IEC) work permit application which was approved and said Medical exam passed July 11, 2022. Now I have used the same one for PR application and medical also got passed Oct 26 2022, given IRCC have not chosen me for the magical speed 4-6 weeks processing for PPR or ADR, any idea when my medicals will expire?

Do they expire 12 months after I get them done? or

12 months after I passed the Medical exam as per Application? If yes, will they consider the time it was passed for Work Permit or PR application?

Also

Should I get my medicals done shortly after 24 Dec 2022 or wait for the official request? The new medical cost isn't an issue, I just don't want any longer delay in application processing.
unless extended by officer, your medicals expire 12 months from the date on it. You might be asked for a remedical.

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Look at the table at the bottom of the article. It's hard to believe this kind of incompetence is even possible.
It's heartbreaking actually. The term used is "limbo". I really hope they have it all resolved for them soon enough. It's tough on the soul sometimes definitely.

But can't let the spirit break you know? It's been humbling.

Reactions: klubsoda
D

Deleted member 1006777

It's heartbreaking actually. The term used is "limbo". I really hope they have it all resolved for them soon enough. It's tough on the soul sometimes definitely.

But can't let the spirit break you know? It's been humbling.
These are people who have been waiting for 2 or 3 years. There are zero excuses for it, but IRCC always finds more. First covid, then "oh no there are so many application, we actually have to do our jobs!" and now holiday season from all the hard work they haven't been doing.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
You don't apply the first time. PR card is automatically printed after landing if your photos are ok. You need to raise a webform and provide your Canadian address and it will be mailed to you. Only time you apply is for renewal or a lost card.
Gotcha.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thanks man. I had to do it via webform as the stupid address change notification page throws error. I think they made it on purpose to throw error as they have countries names under "Place of Birth" option which is stupid and there is no way to put our exact place of birth. How sick.