NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
I'm sure you know the golden rule of academia: "Publish or perish"

So, pick one:
Yeah I already have 10 papers in reputed journals. It's just that I was stuck in India due to the stupid covid, which resulted in a 2.5 year gap in my career. So, need to fill it before moving further.

hsiddd

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
I'll never understand the point of having an academic career. You can literally do research whenever you want, wherever you want. You don't need to be a "prof" to do research and have your papers published. It is now so common to see research papers published by groups formed entirely of industry fellas without any affiliations with any university or lab. Some people just like pain I guess.
To each its own. I like the academia. Love the University life and flexibility it brings (I.e., after getting a faculty position) and also like mentoring students.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Oh, if this doesn't pan out, I will become an immigration consultant :p little work and good money, it brings
An immigration consultant is the same as a conspiracy theorist. The two important skills you need are lying through the teeth and making insane predictions.

Deepa52

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
So, got the postdoc position at McMaster. Pay is shit but hoping to keep my head down and work hard for a year or so and then get a faculty position somewhere.
how many post doc ???? I have seen people doing 2-3 post docs and waiting for the position of faculty in Ontario
I am ending my academic career with Doctorate and joining any research institute at least they pay better than post doc.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
how many post doc ???? I have seen people doing 2-3 post docs and waiting for the position of faculty in Ontario
I am ending my academic career with Doctorate and joining any research institute at least they pay better than post doc.
Why are people doing 3 postdocs? Why don't you guys move to the US? Easy GC if you have so many published papers and better pay.

hsiddd

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
This would be my 2nd. 1st one, in US, ended after 9 months when I had to leave due to an emergency back home in India.

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
Said 99% of PhD graduates and only 12.8% found a faculty position

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4309283/#:~:text=For example, in engineering, a,academic positions in the USA.

For example, in engineering, a professor in the US graduates 7.8 new PhDs during his/her whole career on average, and only one of these graduates can replace the professor’s position. This implies that in a steady state, only 12.8% of PhD graduates can attain academic positions in the USA.

Ways to fuck your whole life up better than any other suicidal act:

1. Have an academic career
2. 1
or well, y'know, be faculty in a third rate private university in a small ontarian city

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I'll never understand the point of having an academic career. You can literally do research whenever you want, wherever you want. You don't need to be a "prof" to do research and have your papers published. It is now so common to see research papers published by groups formed entirely of industry fellas without any affiliations with any university or lab. Some people just like pain I guess.
Profs get patent royalty. Industries fosnat lay royalty. Profs gets salary from the grants salary apart from their annual salary. Industry doesn’t give you shit from the grants. For example, Profs apply for grants ranging from 200 K to few million and they can add salary as a part of the grant. Bascially its double salary. It won’t happen in Industry. Profs can consult, start a company, and still be employed in a University. Industry is just one work. Industry has infinite flow of money but you are not getting a lot from it. As a profs, one gets salary, grants, patent royalty, start upequity. In other words, in an Industry a researcher can get 300 K and will work for 12 months, but a Researcher in a University will get 150 K to 200 K, extra salary from Grants, royalty and just work for 8 months. One downside is Professorship is a boring job.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Profs get patent royalty. Industries fosnat lay royalty. Profs gets salary from the grants salary apart from their annual salary. Industry doesn’t give you shit from the grants. For example, Profs apply for grants ranging from 200 K to few million and they can add salary as a part of the grant. Bascially its double salary. It won’t happen in Industry. Profs can consult, start a company, and still be employed in a University. Industry is just one work. Industry has infinite flow of money but you are not getting a lot from it. As a profs, one gets salary, grants, patent royalty, start upequity. In other words, in an Industry a researcher can get 300 K and will work for 12 months, but a Researcher in a University will get 150 K to 200 K, extra salary from Grants, royalty and just work for 8 months. One downside is Professorship is a boring job.
Man I'd write a longish response basically telling you you got half of that wrong and you're also ignoring cons while focusing on pros but I won't do that because I still remember that one shitty ass cold ass joke you told here which gained you the name RSubZero.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
First register at FBI's identity history site, then register with USPS ( the link will appear after you register), then go to USPS with a printout of the email that the FBI would've sent you after registration. Just say fingerprinting and provide the email printout, they'll understand.

Identity History Summary Checks — FBI
Option 1: Electronically Submit Your Request Directly to the FBI
Step 1:
Go to https://www.edo.cjis.gov.

Step 2: Follow the steps under the “Obtaining Your Identity History Summary” section. If you submit a request electronically directly to the FBI, you may visit a participating U.S. Post Office location to submit your fingerprints electronically as part of your request. You may go to any of the participating U.S. Post Office locations nationwide upon completion of your request. Additional fees may apply.

If you choose to use a U.S. Post Office location, you must complete your application and payment electronically prior to visiting a U.S. Post Office location to submit your fingerprints electronically as part of your request.

If you choose not to use a U.S. Post Office location to submit your fingerprints electronically, then you may still mail your completed fingerprint card, along with your confirmation email received when you started your electronic request, to the address listed on your confirmation email. The request will continue to be processed as an electronic submission once the completed fingerprint card is received.

I think you are mentioning this but the link is not working