15-3-2016 (Upfront)
Interview........
RPRF 6-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
07-05-2016
tomneversfield said:
Yeah it looks like there's a bit of a backlog for PPR issuance being created. Possibly due to the fact that they're focusing most of their resources to aid Syrian refugees in dire need. As far as BG checks, honestly i don't see this slowing down. The bottle neck might be happening to the actual PPR issuance. July AOR's should have seen more PPR action in November than this. If the majority of August AOR's don't get PPR's by end of December, we'll know for sure that there's a growing backlog at the PPR stage for all applicants. I could be wrong of course, this is just my own opinion
I just want to make clear that the backlog you are facing is not due to Syrian refugees as the Refugee department works totally different from the general immigration department. The VOs who work on refugee cases have different training and the general immigration VOs can't work on those cases. These delays depend on number o factors such as volume of application during that period, clearance of CIC inquires by your pervious country of residence, junior and senior VO working on your case and many more. The best thing about EE is that you are certainly going to get a DM within 6 months period, not like old CIC categories which use to take few years to process. So be positive your turn is next.

maple325

Sep 13, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2015
Doc's Request.
not needed at this time
AOR Received.
29-10-2015
Med's Done....
09-11-2015
Interview........
not needed at this time
Passport Req..
11-04-2016
Hello fellow FSW Outlanders!

I keep reading that a status change of the Background Check to "In Progress" is a sign that DM is imminent. Or did I misunderstand something?

My BG Check has been "In Progress" at least since I passed medicals (November 9), which was 11 days after AOR.
Haven't had ECAS access since it went down, but only had 2 lines before (medical results received; hadn't been updated).

Is that normal? Any ideas?

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
vikrantcanada said:
The best thing about EE is that you are certainly going to get a DM within 6 months period, not like old CIC categories which use to take few years to process. So be positive your turn is next.
vikrantcanada, that is not absolutely true. We had seen some fellow forum members complaining that the 6 months mark was long passed and they still hadn't received any decision on their applications. For most people it happens within the 6 months, but CIC does NOT guarantee it. Check out what the official website says:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada will process the majority of complete applications (meaning those with all the necessary supporting documents) in six months or less

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
vikrantcanada said:
I just want to make clear that the backlog you are facing is not due to Syrian refugees as the Refugee department works totally different from the general immigration department. The VOs who work on refugee cases have different training and the general immigration VOs can't work on those cases. These delays depend on number o factors such as volume of application during that period, clearance of CIC inquires by your pervious country of residence, junior and senior VO working on your case and many more. The best thing about EE is that you are certainly going to get a DM within 6 months period, not like old CIC categories which use to take few years to process. So be positive your turn is next.
Thanks for the insight... I had thought that the refugee section would need to borrow extra CIC agents to be able to handle the surge in applications being processed. That was my assumption (just like social workers sometimes get switched around different sections based on surges and emergencies.. I thought maybe CIC agents had certain specializations but could still rotate without problems). In all cases, July PPR's were constipated this month, so we'll probably be experiencing some delay. Should be fine :).. I just hope they will find me eligible. Don't mind if I wait till Feb for PPR as long as I know very soon that my application has been approved! :)

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
maple325 said:
Hello fellow FSW Outlanders!

I keep reading that a status change of the Background Check to "In Progress" is a sign that DM is imminent. Or did I misunderstand something?

My BG Check has been "In Progress" at least since I passed medicals (November 9), which was 11 days after AOR.
Haven't had ECAS access since it went down, but only had 2 lines before (medical results received; hadn't been updated).

Is that normal? Any ideas?
Hmmm your timeline is certainly not the average... I'm hoping you'll be one of the 'fast trackers' who get PPR within 4-6 weeks. The average case (80% of folks) will get BG in progress about ~3 months from AOR. Not sure how to explain your situation, but let's be optimistic :)
What is your country of residence? Certain European countries and Nigeria specifically tend to have a lot of fast trackers.

maple325

Sep 13, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2015
Doc's Request.
not needed at this time
AOR Received.
29-10-2015
Med's Done....
09-11-2015
Interview........
not needed at this time
Passport Req..
11-04-2016
Country is Germany.

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
tomneversfield said:
Hmmm your timeline is certainly not the average... I'm hoping you'll be one of the 'fast trackers' who get PPR within 4-6 weeks. The average case (80% of folks) will get BG in progress about ~3 months from AOR. Not sure how to explain your situation, but let's be optimistic :)
What is your country of residence? Certain European countries and Nigeria specifically tend to have a lot of fast trackers.
Not true. I know several Nigerians still waiting.

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
tomneversfield said:

groundbirch

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ETE said:
Yes, but there are also a lot of Nigerians who got PPR quicker than most other applicants. It's simply a trend not a rule.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
groundbirch said:
Yes, but there are also a lot of Nigerians who got PPR quicker than most other applicants. It's simply a trend not a rule.
Agreed... thanks groundbirch
Yeah ETE I never meant to say that all Nigerian residents will get fast tracked. I know a few Nigerians whose timelines are somewhat similar to the average FSW outlander (3-4 months for DM). However, I can tell you from my observation that a GOOD portion of those who get fast tracked come from Nigeria. Happy for them... and a little bit jealous too :)

EEcanvan

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wohoo, a lot has happened... I was away for few days and glad to know that things are moving forward with outlanders.

Congrats tomneversfield for your BG change. I am happy for you. Yelena I really pray that your BG changes soon.. Don't worry its just a matter of time.. Sunil55 how are things shaping up for you?? Did you get any update after your FBI PCC submission?

Well If I get PR, am planning to move to Toronto as my brother is there. So I am in for CN Tower :p.. Its good to see the support and motivation we have in this group... Good Luck all... Our time is not that far... :)

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks EEcanvan :) good to have you back !

I do hope to see some movement by the end of the month... I need to have some idea what is going on with my application by the end of december at the latest..
If I get penalised for adding my spouse ( with him I have less point that draw score), I am planning to apply for PNP Qubeck in january. So I kind of need to know what is going on by that time.

As usual, my luck let me down..

i havent written it yet, but since I have nothing better to do anyway., I might as well write it now.

I applied alone, without my spouse and my children because the ongoing legal custudy battle for on of my children was not finished ( I was officially started begining of 2015, but was going on for the last 7 years really), so I didn't have the necessary legal approval that would enable me to take him with us., hence, I excluded everyone and decided to go alone.

here is the funny ( unlucky bit): cic specifically says that our point will not be taken away if the situtation (addition of family memebers, after the legal custudy process has finished) happened AFTER eAPR. If it happens BEFORE eAPR, it must be taken into account and point must be taken away.
here it goes: the high court made the decision and finalised our custudy battle on the exact same day as I submitted my eAPR , , not before, and not after, but on the exact same day.
What do you think? can there be more unlucky coincidance than this? I found out about this a month after I submitted my application, as the higher court makes the judgement in a closed session, and sends its verdict to the first instance court once it is done ., first instance court than sends the verdict to both parties.

to think that this has been going on for sooo many years, and that to be finallised on this date, makes me wanna :-\ :-\

I think it will come down to the officer that makes the decision because he can go ether way, this is the official grey area! one positive thing is that my AOR came in the morning about 7:50something EST , so if they go by this, it is clear that the judgement was made after the official start of the working hours

man.. my application is complicated from day one, I even had a lawyer in canada take a look at it, and he just commented: wow, this is complicated 8)

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEcanvan said:
Wohoo, a lot has happened... I was away for few days and glad to know that things are moving forward with outlanders.

Congrats tomneversfield for your BG change. I am happy for you. Yelena I really pray that your BG changes soon.. Don't worry its just a matter of time.. Sunil55 how are things shaping up for you?? Did you get any update after your FBI PCC submission?

Well If I get PR, am planning to move to Toronto as my brother is there. So I am in for CN Tower :p.. Its good to see the support and motivation we have in this group... Good Luck all... Our time is not that far... :)
Hi dear.
Thanks for remembering me. I applied to FBI. Will ask for extension in date or exemption. But all said do that close to deadline. So I will ask for extension or exemption close to deadline. I raised a CSE. No answer to that. Not a good feeling u know .... My luck is like that ....always have to struggle

But I m very happy for all the updates happening here
Good luck guys

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
sunil55 said:
Hi dear.
Thanks for remembering me. I applied to FBI. Will ask for extension in date or exemption. But all said do that close to deadline. So I will ask for extension or exemption close to deadline. I raised a CSE. No answer to that. Not a good feeling u know .... My luck is like that ....always have to struggle

But I m very happy for all the updates happening here
Good luck guys
Is there any particular reason why you want to wait till deadline before you request for extension/exemption?. I reckon there is no guarantee that they would get to treat your request same day it's submitted/sent.

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ibejiopad said:
Is there any particular reason why you want to wait till deadline before you request for extension/exemption?. I reckon there is no guarantee that they would get to treat your request same day it's submitted/sent.
I m just following suggestions I m getting on this forum. There is a saperate thread dedicated to FBI PCC. There many asked for and got extension. There people suggested me to do this. But u are also right. They will not respond promptly. Since I have waited enough I should not wait till last day. I was just waiting for my courier to reach FBI. So that I can tell CIC that I have applied and need extension.
What do u suggest ?