Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
pesarak007 said:
Hello Guys

I applied for skilled worker category in Nov 2014 under PhD stream. Today I was checking my status online and I realized it says they have contacted me on Nov.18 asking for some documents. However, I have not got any email from them at that date. I am pretty sure I also checked my spam folder once in a while. In the last email I got from CIC, they had asked me to renew my passport and send them the copy, which I did before Nov18.

what do you think I should do? It is more than a month since Nov18 and I have no Idea what they have asked me for. Can someone please tell me what I should do right now?
Sometimes (rarely) they send regular mail too for unexplained reason ( - for a candidate EP was through email and MR was through regular post). So please check if you received any letter at your communication address.

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
pesarak007 said:
Hello Guys

I applied for skilled worker category in Nov 2014 under PhD stream. Today I was checking my status online and I realized it says they have contacted me on Nov.18 asking for some documents. However, I have not got any email from them at that date. I am pretty sure I also checked my spam folder once in a while. In the last email I got from CIC, they had asked me to renew my passport and send them the copy, which I did before Nov18.

what do you think I should do? It is more than a month since Nov18 and I have no Idea what they have asked me for. Can someone please tell me what I should do right now?

Waste no time. You won't be able to call since its holidays until Jan 2 and don't wait on mailing them cuz of holidays and online shopping mail is sure to get delayed. Email them asap quoting your UCI/application number and express your concern. Even if holidays, they will have the date when they received the email.
Good luck!

pesarak007

Dec 26, 2015
Thank you so much guys. I sent an Email right now explaining the situation. I am SURE I checked my spam folder and I got no emails. maybe it was my bad not to check my online status more often. :(
I also requested a privacy act report of my file and I hope nothing bad has happened to my application.

In case I had been pass requested on NOv 18 and I missed to send them the passport in 30 days period, do you think they would reject my case?? what do you think might happen??? :'(

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pesarak007 said:
Thank you so much guys. I sent an Email right now explaining the situation. I am SURE I checked my spam folder and I got no emails. maybe it was my bad not to check my online status more often. :(
I also requested a privacy act report of my file and I hope nothing bad has happened to my application.

In case I had been pass requested on NOv 18 and I missed to send them the passport in 30 days period, do you think they would reject my case?? what do you think might happen??? :'(
phone the call centre Monday 8 am.

if it was, god forbids, rejected; go to a lawyer to reopen ur case.

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
pesarak007 said:

Ok this may help you ease some anxiety. They asked for a FBI clearance report in April 2015 and I responded. Thought it's done deal since my gcms report said they had it since July or so. Then they updated my Ecas in October 2015 saying we sent you correspondence in April if you haven't responded do asap. I emailed and asked what correspondence, and it happened to be the same one as they were asking for earlier but it seemed like I missed out on something :/

free2canada

May 9, 2015
pesarak007 said:
Hello Guys

Same thing happened to me, I called the call center and the agent told me no, you do not need to provide anything! And I emailed cpc and they told yes w asked you to provide us some documents!

pesarak007

Dec 26, 2015
free2canada said:
Same thing happened to me, I called the call center and the agent told me no, you do not need to provide anything! And I emailed cpc and they told yes w asked you to provide us some documents!
What did you do at the end? did they tell you what documents they were asking for? was it already passed the 30 days period when you contacted CPC?

free2canada

May 9, 2015
pesarak007 said:
What did you do at the end? did they tell you what documents they were asking for? was it already passed the 30 days period when you contacted CPC?
Yes they asked me to submit a copy of new passport as the old one was expired, and I sent them. No, I did not pass the deadline but I do not think they return your application. Call them and let them know you have not received any email. Send them an email and in the email subject do not forget to include "Urgent" as it means your request has high priority.

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zorroo said:
Any update guys?
Even today some EE applicants has received PPR!!! :'(
we will have to wait until the end of January (VO ran out of visas for us) or end of March (14 months processing time).

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alialiali said:
we will have to wait until the end of January (VO ran out of visas for us) or end of March (14 months processing time).
If VO is ran out of visas, how they can send PPR to EE applicants which are processes in CPC?! All these theories were wrong.

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zorroo said:
If VO is ran out of visas, how they can send PPR to EE applicants which are processes in CPC?! All these theories were wrong.
not only EE. CEC are getting PPR too.

I was a big fan that this theory is wrong until i read today that someone's lawyer told him that they stopped processing our apps because they might have reached their quota for 2015.

they might have a specific number of visas allocated for each category.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alialiali said:
not only EE. CEC are getting PPR too.

I was a big fan that this theory is wrong until i read today that someone's lawyer told him that they stopped processing our apps because they might have reached their quota for 2015.

they might have a specific number of visas allocated for each category.
Oh well, I've heard this theory somewhere ::)