+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandrakanth

May 21, 2014

My Main Concern is, As per my passport i don't have surname its like XYZ ABC, but while filling application form i wrote near surname as ABC and given name as XYZ, would this be any reason of getting rejection...This is what i am really worried about. :( :( :( :( :(

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
Chandrakanth said:

My Main Concern is, As per my passport i don't have surname its like XYZ ABC, but while filling application form i wrote near surname as ABC and given name as XYZ, would this be any reason of getting rejection...This is what i am really worried about. :( :( :( :( :(
Well not really sure about this as they may consider this as false information. But no idea at all!

TangoCharlie1234

Apr 24, 2014
India
Visa Office......
CPC M
App. Filed.......
5/24/19
just a Thot. US has stopped stamping exits for their travellers they now store info electronically in their databases. I heard canada has also stopped doing that. I hope they would not question it while looking at travellers details?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadawait said:
Pls seniors in my family background form I used my name as applicant and my husband as spouse for both not the other way. I hope this will not affect anything. Secondly I just discovered that am pregnant ;D, hope it will not affect my application. I intend writing cic as soon as possible. Pls urgent reply. Thanks
Nobody knows whether the error on the forms will be a problem, but it seems like something that could easily be corrected once the local VO receives your application. They'll ask you for a proper sheet for your husband. On your husband's form, did he enter his own family, or did you enter your family a second time?

Congratulations on the pregnancy! You'll need to update your situation with the local VO as soon as they reach out to you. The only problem here is giving birth between issuance of visa and landing. The best thing to do is try not to get your visa until you've given birth (maybe by waiting to take your medical until the last possible time) and meanwhile be ready to add your child to the application immediately after birth so that child can get a visa too. If you have a child with no visa and the rest of you with a visa but can't land because you have the non-visa child with you, you may lose the visas. Check with your local VO and follow their instructions carefully and consider retaining a lawyer if you see that a problem may arise. Good luck.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
TangoCharlie1234 said:
Kollins, just a Thot. US has stopped stamping exits for their travellers they now store info electronically in their databases. I heard Canada has also stopped doing that. I hope they would not question it wile looking at travellers details?
For now at the application stage,you only need the biodata page of your passport so this wont be an issue.
Cheers!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
max09 said:
Hi Guys

I have 3 quick questions, i you could please help:

1) My wife does not have a birth certificate from Municipality. From my research on the forums here an alternative is to attach the 10th class certificate along with an affidavit that BC is not available. Is my understanding correct and is that what people without BC have been following, seniors please comment?

2) My birth certificate is in Hindi, I guess I need a translation done in English and send it. In Delhi/Noida area where could I get it done from and mean what agencies or if notary translation is accepted by CIC?

3) What is the preferred mode of fee payment that people have been using from India, a DD or CC? I would certainly want to use the CC but what are the recommendations/precautions I should use to go with that method. My CC has a validity of 2 years and has enough credit limit available. Anything else I should be cautious about?

Answers are appreciated.
Thanks
1. Read the guide and document checklist to know what are acceptable. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

2. Read the guide again. There are very specific instructions on what must be done with documents that are not in English or French.

3. DD is safer. CCs may be rejected by your CC company/bank because of suspected fraud with an overseas transaction, or you may lose the card or someone may hack the card before it is charged. If you have to call your bank and cancel the card for any reason, CIC won't be able to charge it. Lots of people pay by CC and it works just fine, but you should know the risks.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
felixtae said:
I filed my application on 11 May, and, my mother just passed away on 23 May. Does anyone know what should I do with my application? Should I ask them to return it and refile it with the deceased date on it? Could I just leave it as it is and add the information at a later time? Thanks.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Update the information once your application has been passed to your local VO and they reach out to you.

TangoCharlie1234

Apr 24, 2014
India
Visa Office......
CPC M
App. Filed.......
5/24/19
kollins said:
For now at the application stage,you only need the biodata page of your passport so this wont be an issue.
Cheers!
Oh that I have already provided as part of my application. Which has my visa for US, my entry stamp with six months validity and then entry stamp back at India Immigration. Hope that works

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ranjit002 said:
Hi,

I got In IELTS
Listening - 6.5 (4 points)
REading - 6.5(5 points)
Writing - 5.5(0 points)
Speaking - 6.5(5 points)

Can i apply with this scorecard??
is it ok if i score with one 5.5 but overall points is 67
No. You do not meet the minimum requirement. You must score at least a 6 on all sections. You can try to have your writing section re-evaluated and see if you can get it bumped up to a 6. If not you will need to take the test again. There are no exceptions to the minimum requirements no matter how many points you score.

sss1

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
arundasp said:
CICI Help Centre Says,

What do you mean by surname?

Your surname is your family name. It is sometimes called your “last name.” If your name is spelled differently on your official documents, please write your name as shown in your passport. When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document or any letters you got from the visa office or case processing centre where you sent your application (even if the name is misspelled). Do not use initials.

If you do not have a surname on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field, write “not applicable” or “N/A” in the given name field.
Thanks bro.. It clarifies a lot of things for me

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
TangoCharlie1234 said:
Oh that I have already provided as part of my application. Which has my visa for US, my entry stamp with six months validity and then entry stamp back at India Immigration. Hope that works
Too much information from your end!
Its fine.

Cheers!

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
anusha003 said:
Hi,

My DOB is March 1991. Mar 2008 or Mar 2009 is considered as my 18th birthday??
Mar 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.