+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rababkazim said:
Please Advice iam Confused.

i have 6 years of exp. from 2008 -current

1 year as junior software engineer = responsibilities matches to 2172
3 year exp as associate Software engineer = responsibilities matches to 2174 on 2 responsibilities matches in my experience letter to the description given on website.

2 year experience as senior software engineer -currently working =responsibilities 85% matches to 2174

do i get points for my 2172 ? experience ?
my job designation is like software engineer and and 2174 is computer programmer. what should i write in my primary occupation?
do they count my 6 year exp? or they will cut my 1 and 3 year experience as less responsibilities matches how do i calculate my points ?

any senior pls help
Assuming your employer reference letters are in order you will receive points for all this experience and thus make the maximum points for experience.

However you can only apply under one NOC per application and you must have at least one year of continuous full-time work experience in that NOC to be eligible. Choose one or the other, whichever you think is strongest, and make sure you meet the minimum requirement for that NOC.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viveksharma said:
Indian Applicants:
I don't think we can use PPF for Proof of Fund. The Proof of Fund is for showing CIC that we would have enough fund when we land in Canada so that during the initial days when we are searching for jobs etc. we do not face any financial crunch. Please note that PPF has lock-in period of 15 years ( partial withdrawal possible only after 5 years).
It could only be used to the extent that it is liquid, meaning it can be withdrawn immediately. Some other posters said that some portion of it can be withdrawn immediately and other portions are locked in. I don't know anything about it but if it's true that some portions of it can be withdrawn immediately then that portion (and only that portion) is liquid and could be used as settlement funds if necessary.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cvabugs said:
HI Seniors ,

i have seen in the CIC website that " You must have at least one year of continuous full-time", i issue is i worked for 6 months and then there is a gap of 3 months, after which i joined another company and currently working with them for more than 8 months . and this gap is because , i got married and i have to move with my husband to London. will CIC consider this? as an valid experience. the word continuous full-time, is confusing me? any suggestions please.
What you have described is not one year of continuous full-time experience. You could still get points for it, but it can't be used to fulfill the minimum requirement under your primary NOC.

If you have some other experience that is at least one year, full time, and continuous, and is within an eligible NOC under which you could apply, you should use that other experience to fulfill the minimum requirement instead. The minimum requirement must be fulfilled no matter how many points you can earn under the selection factors. Failing to meet all of the minimum requirements will result in rejection, sorry to say. Good luck.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yogi44 said:
Regarding education documents. While sending the documnets to WES for ECA, i send the transcripts in a sealed envelope stamped by the institution but now while sending the documents in application package to CIC, again i need to send the docs in a sealed envelope and get it stamped or can send simple photocopies of all the certificates related to my education.
Copies only.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sverma495 said:
1) I am unmarried so i think i need not to fill the dependant form.. Right ??

2) what about the fields which are not applicable ? I will be writing simple not applicable .

3) is it necessary that all forms should have the same date ??
1. Right.

2. Right.

3. I think it's better.

itz_nsn

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Med's Request
21-11-2014
Med's Done....
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
16-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-05-2015
Hello everyone,

I had a query about proof of funds. I am already working full time in Alberta and applying for FSW this year. I am on a temporary work permit for 2 years. Should i still be showing proof of funds ?
The CIC website mentions that the proof is not required if I have an arranged employment, but does arranged employment mean permanent employment ?

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
Hopefully, yes u can still make it for 1112

Yes, you can fill it with pen but use BLACK ink.

SS1982 said:
Experts,

1) Any idea if if applying under NOC 1112 (Financial & Investment Analyst) is still in scope and away from 1000 Cap. Need 1 more day to send the package.

2) Is it ok to fill few sections by hand after taking out print of form after filling rest of the details on computer. e,g. sections like Name of institution and address history, space is less for few sections. Not sure if attaching a different sheet for such things is feasible

pls advise

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
issteven said:
Hi ,

I have an question about fee payment with money order. I live in U.S., can USPS issue CAD dollar money orders? if not, can I use a USD $550 money order? i saw in the instruction:
---------------------------------------
Payment issue: Overpayment

CIO will:

start reviewing your application, and
send you a refund as soon as possible.
Note: You do not have to request a refund, it will be done automatically.
---------------------------------------

Since $550 USD is more than $550 CAD, will CIO refund me in this case? I just want to make sure they won't return my case...

Thanks.
NO! It must be in Canadian dollars drawn on a Canadian bank. CIC has no way to cash a money order or bank cheque which is drawn on a bank outside Canada. (Or I suppose they do, but they WON'T.)

Being in the US you should be able to get a CAD bank cheque drawn on a Canadian bank fairly easily. Many large US banks offer this, such as Bank of America: https://www.bankofamerica.com/foreign-exchange/wire-transfer.go see the bottom of the page. Other banks do the same, just ask a few banks in your area. If you live in an area with HSBC branches, they also have branches in Canada and you can do this super easily. Quick research on the internet will lead you where you want to go. If you don't want your application returned, follow the instructions!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
startupphase said:
please please guide me

will it be safe to apply for NOC 2174 by the end of the month or start of june...iam very much worried or else shold i opt for NOC 2173 as job duties are almost similar....!!!
Nobody knows. You are free to apply for both so long as you have two originals of your ECA and IELTS.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@itz_nsn

If you click on "arranged employment" it will take you to a link, which explains arranged employment. I have produced the text i think is related to you, see if you meet that criteria or go to the link yourself for further details.

A valid job offer has to be for permanent, full-time and not seasonal work in a NOC 0, A or B occupation.

Depending on your case, there are different factors that make a job offer valid.

1. You currently work in Canada on a temporary work permit, and:

•your work permit is valid both when you apply and when the visa is issued (or you are authorized to work in Canada when your visa is issued), and
•CIC issued your work permit based on a positive labour market opinion (LMO) from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC), and
•you are working for an employer named on your work permit who has made a permanent job offer based on you being accepted as a federal skilled worker.
itz_nsn said:
Hello everyone,

I had a query about proof of funds. I am already working full time in Alberta and applying for FSW this year. I am on a temporary work permit for 2 years. Should i still be showing proof of funds ?
The CIC website mentions that the proof is not required if I have an arranged employment, but does arranged employment mean permanent employment ?

rudbee

Star Member
May 7, 2014
shah2014 said:
Hopefully, yes u can still make it for 1112

Yes, you can fill it with pen but use BLACK ink.
you can also use FOXIT Reader (Other than generic application form). There is an option called, "Typewriter tool". U can write multiple lines in one box by using this.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fraz110 said:
Hi everyone, Seniors please guide:

What about if I send CIO two sets of application ? so that if they find duplicate application they will or system will able to remove it the extra one?

I am asking this because I have applied on 12 May 2014 under NOC 2171 and unfortunately I did not submit 'WES original report', as it was in the process ( I attached a letter with application explaining that my WES report is in process) by going through the forum where there are reasons, why some applications were rejected in FSW13, I came to know that even photocopy of WES or IELTS is not acceptable and CIO returns the application. Now that i have received WES report I am thinking about this option of submitting another application with the same docs but just with one original missing document which is highly sought after by CIC.

Need guidance, as:
1. is it possible ?
2. If yes, then is there is any dis-advantage in it ? or by submitting second application may risk of getting rejected for any silly reason ?
You can apply separately under multiple NOCs so long as each application is complete and contains originals of the necessary documents such as IELTS and ECA.

Your submitted application with only a photocopy of the WES report is guaranteed to be rejected by CIC. Thus there is no harm in submitting another complete application under the same NOC now. But it must be complete with the necessary original documents otherwise it will be returned too.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ABP said:
Hello Friends,

I have applied last year but file return due to CAP reached.

I am collecting documents and filling forms and have some queries for this year.

1) I am working overseas and moving next month back to India. So I have selected New Delhi as visa office.

As I have stayed overseas for 2 years, do I need to provide copies of my workpermit with the application.

2) I have last years issued PCC with me which is older than 3 months. Can I send it along with explanation letter that I will provide revised PCC later on when asked. ?

Or sending only explanation letter will be ok ?

Would be grateful, if someone help me out.
You should choose your visa office based on the guidance provided by CIC. If you worked overseas but are applying with an address in your home country you don't need to provide proof of admission with your application but you should be prepared to provide it later if your local VO asks for it. PCCs can be sent later, just make a note that you will be providing them later.

Status
Not open for further replies.