+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mg20140104 said:
Hello All,

I spent the whole night yestrday reading this forum. Everyone here is really helpful and this place has answered a lot of my questions, except one:

The cic website states that we need reference letters from employers in the last 10 years. I will be applying under NOC 3142 (will update the SS) and my relevant job experience is only in my current role, for the last 1.5 years. All my previous experience was working in NHS as a HCA which does not help as it was not a full time role.
My question is :
Is it necessary to get reference letters from all employers in the last 10 years even if I am planning to claim points only for the last 1.5 years of work experience?

Secondly, going by last years spreadsheet, application under 3142 sent after 22 August 2013 were returned due to CAP. I might end up sending my application towards the end of sept as i m still waiting for eca and ielts (test on 16 aug). What are my chances of making the CAP?

Any help here will be appreciated.
You can get credit for your HCA experience. If it wasn't a full time role it will be converted to full time equivalent provided that you/the letters make it clear how much time you did work. Example: 4 years as HCA at 3/4 of full time working hours would be 3 years of experience. So it may be worth getting those letters anyway if you can. Also, the checklist clearly states ALL employment, so you should at least make an attempt to get those letters, and you must explain in your application the reason behind any letters you cannot obtain.

Nobody knows when the cap will fill, but this year the cap is 1000 per NOC instead of 300, and so far 3142 doesn't look like a hot NOC with only 12 PERs as of roughly May 6th (nobody is exactly sure of the as-of date on the cap page). Submit ASAP, and based on the above information reach your own conclusion about the cap.

Good luck.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
David_C said:
Dear friends,

Have anybody got some update on application from NOC 2171 ? I've sent my application two months ago, and no news so fare. Is there a way to check the status ? I want to know if something is wrong so that i can have enough time to fix it before the NOC will be filled.

Thank you,
You're going to be waiting a while longer. Right now apps sent roughly May 12th-13th are being reviewed.

viji123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Hi All,

My husband is the Principal applicant. His dad is ready transfer money to his account for 'Proof of funds' . I have the below doubts

1. If his dad transfer money to his account , will that be a problem when we show the proof of funds
2. Also he is going to transfer money only by next week and we are planning to send documents to CIC by this month end. Should the money be in his account atleast 3 months before we send the documents to CIC ?

Please advice

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visa_4all said:
In the Generic form application, point 12 states :
"Previous countries of residence: During the past five years have you lived in any country other than your country of citizenship or your country of residence (indicated above) for more than six months"

I answered "No", because I have only lived the country of citizenship and country of residence, but I am not sure now if I should include them anyway the same way you recommended about the travels. What do you suggest?

--

Do we need to mention the travels in

Generic form

and

Travels form

plz suggest
You can answer no to that question.

Where would you list your travels on the generic form?

Which travels are you asking if you should list?

momnani

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
IELTS Request
Sent with App
You need to send Bank Balance Certificate which will not show transfer details. But one thing, the assets / proofs that you show should belong to you 100%

viji123 said:
Hi All,

My husband is the Principal applicant. His dad is ready transfer money to his account for 'Proof of funds' . I have the below doubts

1. If his dad transfer money to his account , will that be a problem when we show the proof of funds
2. Also he is going to transfer money only by next week and we are planning to send documents to CIC by this month end. Should the money be in his account atleast 3 months before we send the documents to CIC ?

Please advice

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visa_4all said:
One of my close relative, who is a Canadian Citizen ( has knowledge about FSW) told me that

1. Generic form -Dates in Current country of residence - from - to and the dates in Schedule A personal history should match
and
2. Generic form - The To Date in Current country of residence - should not be future date ( But it is not accepting in form)
3. If showing spouse account in settlement funds - no need of any affidavit - Is there any link that says funds can be in spouse account
4. Should not show more than $20K in funds for 2 applicants

How far it is true

plz suggest
1. Certainly you should not give conflicting information within your application. If you must give information that seems conflicting, explain it in an annexure.

2. Can you give more details? As far as I know it is ok to enter a future date. I entered a future date. However you may wish to explain to CIC that you mean to say "to present" but that the form will not accept this. That's what I did. Note that it is a known glitch on the form that you cannot enter a TO date that is the same as the day the form is validated.

3. Spousal settlement funds are fine, many on this forum have showed spousal settlement funds with no issue.

4. Not true. You should be honest and state the accurate amount of assets, liabilities and settlement funds you and your spouse have. So long as you meet the minimum it is unlikely to make a difference. However reviewers have some discretion to judge whether you are likely to be able to establish yourself economically in Canada, and showing more funds does give a better impression and reduces the chance of a negative substituted evaluation (which is already very rare to begin with).

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
randev said:
I was just going through the FSW 2014 spreadsheet and I noticed something that I hope members can shed light on. There are several members on that spreadsheet who've been asked to do their medicals (these are the members who're on the top of the spreadsheet and are colored in a darker shade of blue). I've noticed that there has been considerable delay between the date some members have done their medicals (Column AG on the spreadsheet) and the date their medicals were received by the VO (Column AH on the spreadsheet). The delays range from a week to more than one month for a forum member.

My impression was that once a medical is done, all that needs to be done is the transmission of it by the designated medical practitioner to the VO. Any idea why there have been delays for some? (Answers by forum members who've done their medicals greatly appreciated)
The date shown on the SS is the date of the medicals request. Some people will go out and get their medicals the next day, some may wait a week or longer. Thus the difference in when the medicals are received.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
universe78 said:
Dear friends

I was trying to check the status of application (9-may-2014) using old UCI number. Its showing in process, what thats mean because I paid my fee with DD and its not possible to get the status from bank.
It means it has been cashed and now you are waiting for your PER. Congrats!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gsw said:
Dear member

Please make sure you send all pages of passport where u have any visa or stamp
Or if it's blank 1st and last page (not just 1st)

Regards
Not true. There is NO SUCH REQUIREMENT. You only need to send the bio page and any amendments.

If you are living in a country that is not your country of citizenship, you also need to submit copies of the visa(s) that have allowed you to live there.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viji123 said:
Hi All,

Please advice
So your husband's father is transferring money to his account only so he can show the necessary proof of funds, but he isn't giving you the money? In other words, you are representing someone else's money as your own. This is a misrepresentation that is not only illegal, it is a guaranteed rejection and a ban from Canada (even as a visitor) for a minimum of 2 years, and it will stay on your CIC records for the rest of your life even if your ban expires.

When your application reaches the stage of the local visa office, they may ask you for 6 or more consecutive months of bank statements. At that time it will be obvious that the money was not yours and rejection is a near certainty. You will also need to updated provide proof of funds upon landing.

Settlement funds must be YOURS, they must be liquid and unencumbered and available for you to bring with you to Canada. If you do not have sufficient settlement funds, you are ineligible to apply. Simple as that.

If I have misinterpreted your post, and your father-in-law is actually giving you such a large monetary gift, congratulations to you and you can apply with no worries.

atulte

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
future_canadian said:
So your husband's father is transferring money to his account only so he can show the necessary proof of funds, but he isn't giving you the money? In other words, you are representing someone else's money as your own. This is a misrepresentation that is not only illegal, it is a guaranteed rejection and a ban from Canada (even as a visitor) for a minimum of 2 years, and it will stay on your CIC records for the rest of your life even if your ban expires.

When your application reaches the stage of the local visa office, they may ask you for 6 or more consecutive months of bank statements. At that time it will be obvious that the money was not yours and rejection is a near certainty. You will also need to updated provide proof of funds upon landing.

Settlement funds must be YOURS, they must be liquid and unencumbered and available for you to bring with you to Canada. If you do not have sufficient settlement funds, you are ineligible to apply. Simple as that.

If I have misinterpreted your post, and your father-in-law is actually giving you such a large monetary gift, congratulations to you and you can apply with no worries.
I am not sure what is difference between "large monetary gift" and "husband's father is transferring money to his account"

If his father is transferring money to his account, that means it is done from father side and son now owns the money. please let me know is that is not the case

zland

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
future_canadian said:

my wife is the main applicant. she doesn't have any bank account. can i use mine as a proof of fun.

does any one have apractical experience with that? some people say yes. however, i can't find any offcial information on the website.

Please advise

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
zland said:
my wife is the main applicant. she doesn't have any bank account. can i use mine as a proof of fun.

does any one have apractical experience with that? some people say yes. however, i can't find any offcial information on the website.

Please advise
As long as the funds are not borrowed , you or your spouse individually /jointly can use the funds as settlement funds proof.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atulte said:
I am not sure what is difference between "large monetary gift" and "husband's father is transferring money to his account"

If his father is transferring money to his account, that means it is done from father side and son now owns the money. please let me know is that is not the case
You really don't understand the difference?

The difference is whether the applicants intend to give the money back to the father, or whether the father expects the money back.

zland

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
cjg1987 said:
As long as the funds are not borrowed , you or your spouse individually /jointly can use the funds as settlement funds proof.
the bank account is not belongs to my wife. it's not a joint account it's just an individual account on my name.. Can my wife use it as a proof of fund while she is the main applicant.

can i find any offecial information ?

thank you for your support

Status
Not open for further replies.