+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

june17th2174

Jul 11, 2013
Mohali
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014<br/>Fee Encashed..: 27-06-2014<br/>ECAS Status....: In Process<br/>PER Received...: 07-08-2014<br/>MR Request.....: 15-09-2014<br/>RPRF Request..: 15-09-2014<br/>3rd Line On.....: 13-10-2014<br/>Interview........: Hopefully Waived<br/>Verification......: Call on 17-07-2015<br/>DM/PPR..........: 21-08-2015
GTiwana said:
I have 4 years 9 months of Experience in IT industry (but i forgot to mention full time in my refrence letter) and applied for NOC 2174 and my duties are mentioned below. Can anyone with NOC code can verify my duties if these are correct? else i will try to alter my duties and get a letter from my company. (Although it is difficult to request a reference letter from company again and again) Please help and verify my duties

Develops software programs in JAVA and in C which runs on protocols like HTTP, HTTPs, Citrix- Protocol and MQ- Protocol.
Develops Java plugins to customize software products like Apache JMeter, IBM RPT and Test shell.
Create and customize WebServices and Java custom codes using various software tools to test the Performance calibration of software code.
Experience on PL-SQL, Java/J2EE technologies with Oracle as a database.
Worked on software tools like eclipse, Firebug 1.12 Beta 4 / 1.11.4, Microsoft XML Notepad 2007 2.5, SQL Query Analyzer 2.01and Shark.
Monitor various issues like memory leaks, code bugs, database connections deadlock during testing of software code to find the exact root cause and communicate the same to other computer programmers for maintaining the code quality and application performance.
Code review, code optimization and performance tuning of projects.
Code implementation for new features to include changes in the application as per the changing business requirements.
Prepare and Published Daily status reports periodically and highlighted all the issues and risks of related software products and shared documents depicting project progress to the management and other technical teams.
Gathering business, user and performance requirements after discussion with Client's project management team and understood application architecture, functionality and technicality for giving performance estimates and finalization of software tool for testing software code and shared the final documents with client for Sign off.
Evaluate software products to finalize the performance testing tool to be used by the testing team at onsite Singapore for load testing.
Prepare Functional Specification and delivery documents (Release Notes, User Manual etc.)
I am from 2174 and to me your duties seems pretty much fine. If your file can be rejected because of job duties then I guess everyone should be worried because of job duties.

Seems like now CIC is looking for exact match of words in the job duties letter.

As far as Full time wording, Since you have 4 years of experience then I think they would at least count it as 2 even if half time

rohan85

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
contactadi said:
By God's grace.... CC Charged just now
8th May applicant!!! :D

Had almost given up hope and started preparations for reapplying just yesterday!!! 8)

Now the wait for PER starts :p

All the best everyone... Also the logic of an 8th may applicant getting charged so late after 9 to 12th May applications... stmups me! :eek:
Congratulations :D

Raises hope for people like me (9th May applicant waiting for CC charge).

BTW, very odd time for CC charge. It's not even 7:30 am in Canada.

fsw_toronto

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2015
LANDED..........
Jul 2015
rohit307 said:
Same applies to your comment also. Please don't comment unless you are 100% sure. All banks in India are driven by RBI rules. No individual bank can decide on the norms on their own. I got my DD thru State Bank of India and was clearly told that validity is 3 months.
Giving factual information is better than giving someone misleading information.
Just because you are unable to do your homework properly, you are throwing your frustration by misguiding people with your comments. Everyone who has a 6 month DD didn't produce it in-house.

rohit307

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2015
Oscar7 said:
[size=9pt] Your friend can only tell you what he is taught or he has learned there. I don't blame him! Unfortunately what seems in your case is you went to the wrong bank, Rohit! Although not all SBI cases are treated this way as I have heard at least one case where a guy has a 6 months DD or something and his application has been charged successfully using SBI DD.

But what I have heard more often is a LOT of immigration professionals advising their clients to NOT go to SBI for fee payment stuff. And now I know exactly why!!

Sorry to hear of your case!

PS - SBI is the bank to go to if one wants a cheaper home loan or maybe a better deal on some interest rate as it is a public sector bank and will give the lowest / best rates. One stays (far) away from SBI when one is trying to do anything that is expected to be technologically advanced / latest in trend. Just my take!

Oscar - While I am glad to hear that person with 6 months DD validity made thru SBI sailed through, as mentioned earlier, I have absolutely no regrets in getting the DD made thru SBI. In my opinion, it's one of the largest and the oldest nationalised Banks. Opinions can differ!
If immigration comes thru, nothing like it and if not, it's not end of the world my friend!

rohit307

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2015
Oscar7 said:
[size=9pt] Actually I understood that part the very first time! :) And I am happy to note your opinion of SBI hasn't waivered despite the circumstances. I hope you still succeed, mate! :)

Thanks Oscar for your lovely wishes!! :)

CAJan

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2014
Nomination.....
13-11-2014
AOR Received.
02-12-2014
File Transfer...
18-03-2015
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
02-04-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2015
I have read in an old 2012 thread that DDs from Citibank Canada could not be encashed - can anybody confirm this or has anybody got a DD from Citibank and was successful this year?

Would be really a relief!

contactadi

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Already sent
Med's Request
11-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2015
LANDED..........
25-06-2015
rohan85 said:
Apologies. :)
Anytime is fine as long as they charge or send PER emails ;D!!!!

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called second time to HDFC Customer care, this time she took more time in enquiring the details.

Later she told,

CC: "yes sir I have enquired with my senior officer and I confirm you that DD is valid for 3 months only"
Me: Madam, it is an International DD for $550 not local DD.
CC: yes sir previously it was 6 months , later new rule for 3 months only
Me: But Mam, at the time of taking DD, the person who was issuing DD told validity for 6 months (before issuing . DD, he told that we will write with pen that DD is valid for 6 months, after printing DD he denied)
CC: sir, go to branch and give us call, we will explain and confirm them.

What is this?

What u suggest shall i cancel this DD and go with Credit Card

:(

kma_85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Oakville, ON
IELTS Request
Overall 7.5
I have applied for my Kids passport one month back but havnt received them yet. Can I send my application without their passport. Can I add copy of passport application receipt as a proof for applying for passport? Will CIC oblige this?

CanDoIt

Apr 30, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 Re-Applied: 20-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015 Third Line: 14-04-2015
Interview........
Waived By God's Grace!
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2015
LANDED..........
Late July or Early August
visa_4all said:
I called second time to HDFC Customer care, this time she took more time in enquiring the details.
Later she told,
CC: "yes sir I have enquired with my senior officer and I confirm you that DD is valid for 3 months only"
Me: Madam, it is an International DD for $550 not local DD.
CC: yes sir previously it was 6 months , later new rule for 3 months only
Me: But Mam, at the time of taking DD, the person who was issuing DD told validity for 6 months (before issuing . DD, he told that we will write with pen that DD is valid for 6 months, after printing DD he denied)
CC: sir, go to branch and give us call, we will explain and confirm them.
What is this?
What u suggest shall i cancel this DD and go with Credit Card :(
If you are yet to send your application, walk to a nearest Thomas Cook Branch and get a DD from them.

My-Dream

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Hello guys,

Once again, I wanna discuss my whole case with you all and requesting you to give your valuable suggestions on this. As I already explained in my earlier posts that I had picked wrong NOC (May be ?) and applied under 2171 NOC, now I have decided to apply under 2281 NOC (which is correct NOC code according to some senior members here and NOC-cnp@workingincanada.gc.ca).

I had 1 year and 9 months experience as System Administrator from Nov 2006 to July 2008 (out of this I did work as paid trainee for one year and then became full time Systems Administrator). My employer issued me experience letter in Aug 2008 on company's letter head. He explained my job duties in small paragraph of 3-4 lines. I am worrying whether it is sufficient or not?

Then I have ongoing experience as Systems Analyst for 1 year and 4 months. Here my designation is matching to 2171 but job duties are matching to 2281 NOC. Now I am considering to combine both experiences because it belongs to same category so that I can claim 2 more points.

In my previous application, I had included my spouse's IELTS to get 5 points. But this time I don't have his IELTS TRF. Without this, I am lacking with 1 point in total. Only 66 points. But if I include my previous work experience then i am able to get 2 more points. In my previous application I claimed only one year points.

My biggest threat is that I don't have enough documents proof to support my previous work experience. Do you think CIC will consider my experience letter only as enough proof. I have each and everything for my current experience but not for previous one. Does a single page experience letter is enough to claim 2 more points?
Does a paid training experience also get count as normal work experience ?
Do I need to wait for my spouse's IELTS to claim more points?
I have two options but very confuse which one to choose:
1. Without IELTS 66 points with ongoing experience (1 year and 4 months) but with TRF 66+5=71
2. with previous work exp. 2 more points (9 months +1year and 4 months) = 68 points. What should I do?????
I am thinking to reapply now at this time, is it ok to reapply? My previous file reached their on 23rd June. Should I wait for NER email or go ahead with new application? Am I too late to reapply for 2281 NOC? Please suggest me guys what to do? Thanks in advance

indresh83

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
25-03-2015
Med's Done....
sent medicals done for SP on 19-03-2015
All the best to all of us who are waiting for their repective share of good news:)

Hopefully this week will bring in lot of good luck and joy to all in terms of PER and CC and DD Charges....

And congrats to all my dear friends who have just got the good news...

Regards:)

rohit307

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2015
fsw_toronto said:
Just because you are unable to do your homework properly, you are throwing your frustration by misguiding people with your comments. Everyone who has a 6 month DD didn't produce it in-house.
The way you have commented shows your frustration and not mine!! Feeling is mutual and same advise applies to you too! Everyone who has a 3 months DD also got it made from Bank and didnt produce it in-house!

Status
Not open for further replies.