+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@fresher_2013

Try VoIP call through skype or magic jack (to make the system believe that call is from US or Canada)

fresher_2013 said:
Someone earlier mentioned the procedure to get to CIC.

Procedure to get CIC agent on phone
 Call at – 0016139444000
 Select 1 for English
 Then 1 for foreign affair
 2 for immigration
 Call is being transferred to CIC
 Then 1 for English
 2 for status
 1 for PR
 When it asks you to enter UCI number just be on hold n let it say it 3 times then the call is automatically transferred to an agent

After the call transfer, it says "sorry, the toll free calling is not available in your area code".

Other number was 1-888-242-2100, but with the same sorry message.

Anyone else facing the same error. I called up twice.

fresher_2013

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shah2014 said:
@ fresher_2013

Try VoIP call through skype or magic jack (to make the system believe that call is from US or Canada)
I am calling from US phone only. Should I try my cell now?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
nil2thirty said:
Hi All,

I am new here and planning to apply for 2171. Can someone please look at my job requirements and confirm that they match 2171. I think they do, I also send a mail to the HRDS folks. No reply from them yet.

-->Interact with customers and technology groups to identify requirements
-->Prepare requirements and software design documents
-->Assign work to technology teams and review the deliverables
-->Design, Develop and Implement software applications using JAVA/J2EE technologies
--> Manage production releases, application code base repository configurations
-->Analyse software systems to ensure that they meet compliance and security standards
-->Identify the gaps in System architectures and suggest/implement enhancements to improve the efficiency of the system
--> Evaluate software and advice clients on usability of such software in their technical stack

Many Thanks
Hi, most likely you won't get a reply from the folks at HRDSC because the roles on their website are stated quite clearly. These are the roles for your review: Main duties of 2171,

The following is a summary of the main duties for some occupations in this unit group:

Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.

Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.

Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.

Systems auditors conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems.

So what you should do is tailor your responsibilities to match (not copy and paste!) what is on the NOC list because the clerical staff reviewing your application are not subject matter experts. They are just required to ensure that what is stated on your reference letter matches the roles on the NOC list up to 80%. All the best with your application. :)

NT_MAPLE

Jun 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
14-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
Waived hopefully
Passport Req..
05-03-2015
riyavisa said:
Can anyone please reply :'( :eek:
Don't be tense... It's perfectly alright for the year of graduation to show as the degree award year... This shouldn't be a problem at all ... All the best..

Cheers.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
fresher_2013 said:
Someone earlier mentioned the procedure to get to CIC.

Procedure to get CIC agent on phone
 Call at – 0016139444000
 Select 1 for English
 Then 1 for foreign affair
 2 for immigration
 Call is being transferred to CIC
 Then 1 for English
 2 for status
 1 for PR
 When it asks you to enter UCI number just be on hold n let it say it 3 times then the call is automatically transferred to an agent

After the call transfer, it says "sorry, the toll free calling is not available in your area code".

Other number was 1-888-242-2100, but with the same sorry message. This no. if only if you are calling from within Canada.

Anyone else facing the same error. I called up twice.

adisu01

Apr 28, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-july-2014
Doc's Request.
Only passport copies and RPF requested
Nomination.....
12-nov-2014
IELTS Request
Completed - 6.5 Band
File Transfer...
No Update
Med's Request
10-jan-2014
Med's Done....
17-jan-2014
Interview........
Hopfully No
Passport Req..
4-March-2014
VISA ISSUED...
In 9 Months
LANDED..........
Hopefully in June
Team

One of the application form ( filled by my wife) is signed using blue ink and all the dependents details are written in native Lang using blue pen.

Should it be in Black ink

Thanks
Sumesh

amax

Jun 25, 2014
Hello all,

This is my first time posting and was looking for some help. I have not yet applied under the FSW and am looking for some information. I will have a complete application within 7 days so my intention is to apply July 2.

I also did my post graduate degree in Canada and so do not need a educational assessment. I also have my IELTS.

My intention is to apply under NOC 1123 (marketing professionals) and currently they say they've recd. only 4 applications. Here are my questions:

1. Any idea how long it would take to fill this category? Some seniors here are making predictions and any guidance will be much appreciated?
2. Should I apply anyway and see what happens?
3. Do I need a PCC to apply or can I apply for it after and send it as an additional document?

Can someone help me out please? Appreciate and thanks in advance.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Century said:
If you intend to live Canada for 6 months more (I know, intention is forever) and got the visa also, you can select CPC-Ottawa or New Delhi. CPC-Ottawa is supersonic.
Yes I know CPC-Ottawa has just gone supersonic. P.S. I think early applicants (may be 10th may) who select VO as CPC - Ottawa will get MR with in 3-4 weeks of getting PER or E-CAS changed to "application received on xx date". This is what I think. Anyone who can agree with me on this.

nandha23

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
adisu01 said:
Team

One of the application form ( filled by my wife) is signed using blue ink and all the dependents details are written in native Lang using blue pen.

Thanks
Sumesh
Dont worry, U are fine.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
adisu01 said:
Team

Thanks
Sumesh
have you sent the application already? If not, I would suggest you change them to BLACK ink as that's what the forms say. If you have already sent the applications, don't worry.

MaxHeadroom

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC since JAN 2016
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
amax said:
Hello all,

This is my first time posting and was looking for some help. I have not yet applied under the FSW and am looking for some information. I will have a complete application within 7 days so my intention is to apply July 2.

I also did my post graduate degree in Canada and so do not need a educational assessment. I also have my IELTS.

My intention is to apply under NOC 1123 (marketing professionals) and currently they say they've recd. only 4 applications. Here are my questions:

1. Any idea how long it would take to fill this category? Some seniors here are making predictions and any guidance will be much appreciated?
2. Should I apply anyway and see what happens?
3. Do I need a PCC to apply or can I apply for it after and send it as an additional document?

Can someone help me out please? Appreciate and thanks in advance.
I just want to correct one misunderstanding: The 4 complete applications are not "current", the number represents the 5th of May or 6th of May applications at best.

As for the answer of your 1st & 2nd questions: It will not likely get filled anytime soon SO send your application now and relax and wait hopefully afterwards.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Goku said:
Yes I know CPC-Ottawa has just gone supersonic. P.S. I think early applicants (may be 10th may) who select VO as CPC - Ottawa will get MR with in 3-4 weeks of getting PER or E-CAS changed to "application received on xx date". This is what I think. Anyone who can agree with me on this.
I agree too. Looks like CPC-Ottawa either doesn't have a backlog or has a very high manpower dealing with new applications. I just hope this trend continues for later applicants as well.

wasim_ahmad1

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Calgary
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi All,

My friend is applying for his immigration under FSW on 2nd of July 2014. He is Pakistani citizen living in Saudi Arabia. Can someone explain which Visa office he belongs to and which address he needs to send his application ?

all replies would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.