+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

owenhargo

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-12-2014
ssamjos said:
Then the sheet represents no more than 10% of the applicants.
OOPS I was expecting the spreadsheet should have at least 10% but i believe it is more. may be close to 40%. at least for hot NOC's.

For eg: they say for 2171 it is 5 in our spreadsheet 4 have CC charged.
2174 in website is 39 and our spreadsheet says 15 CC charged (inc 4 with PER already)

could be a wild guess.. and may be am more optimistic!!!

Fingers crossed bro!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oscar7 said:

No it is correct; this is up to 4th May packages that have been checked and accounted for. CIC doesn't and almost impossibly can't work real-time LOL

100s of packages come everyday, do you think they can quickly open and check the packages right away and update the status too real-time? Doesn't work that way dear! Cheers!!
It can't be correct it's 2013.

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
I have a guess but I refuse to post it. Nobody knows and guessing may give people false hope or false despair. In my opinion it's irresponsible. Everyone should put together the best application they can but do it ASAP.

You rock, future! I agree with that line of thinking.

I think people should do their diligence and might understand better if they combine the information from spreadsheet and general discussions here along with CIC shared information. But wild guessing is useless, as you rightly point out. Again, just my take and others are welcome to have a different take. :) Cheers!

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Oscar7 said:

None taken. :) I totally understand that we are all sharing our views and learning in that process.

I didn't know lining outside the office to submit application works. I think I read somewhere on CIC that they ONLY accept applications through regular mail, courier etc. Not in person. Happy to be corrected on this though. Cheers!
Exactly. You can't submit applications in person. You have to send it either by post or courier. I wonder who saw people queuing up at CIC Nova Scotia office on 1st May!!!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssamjos said:
Whereas NOC 2173 is 75% represented in the sheet. 15 out of 20

Some observations

1. Can I say that newer NOCs people are more represented in the forum and the sheet whereas older NOCs are lesser represented in the sheet.
2. May be because older NOC people sent the prepared apps without taking care about the forum or sheet or any new research on the forum
3. Also more techies on the forum than finance people given that NOC 1112 was understated in sheet compared to actual update
4. People from China who apply for NOC 1112 mainly not on this forum :) (I think what 2174 is to India 1112 is to china)
There are a bunch of China/Hong Kong 1112 applicants, but I think I'm the only one active on the forum. Or maybe one other as I recall. The others are all silent.

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
No, that is a reference to 4th May 2013, the day the 2013 FSW opened. They have never updated this footnote. It probably should read "1 May 2014."
future_canadian said:
It can't be correct it's 2013.

Good catch future, yes I agree 2013 is probably left from last year. They missed putting the actual as on date. Man CIC sucks big time, even the one thing they did all day today is incorrectly done, LOL

And more importantly, we don't know for how many work days of May 2014 this data is for. From the limited 157 applications it probably can't be for more than 4 to 6 work days worth...but again CIC truth be told, haha

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpio939 said:
Off topic : How to keep track of this forum posts?

I'm not a daily visitor of this forum, bt I visit every 2-3 days & read only a few threads, spclly this one.
But I'm having trouble with finding out where I was last time. :eek:

Can any one give advice/ share idea on how to keep track of this forum?
Yes on the thread menu there's a little button saying "new" next to each thread. If you click it, it will take you to the first post that was posted since the last time you were logged in. Not necessarily the first unread post. If the thread had 1000 pages and you were on page 500, and you shut down and come back the next day, clicking new will take you to page 1001 even though you hadn't read pages 501-1000. So either catch up completely before shutting down for the day, or write down where you were so you can go back. ;D

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gs123 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

Please note these numbers are not as of May 1st and also not the number of applications received. They share the data of the applications for which they already sent PERs as of today. So, for e.g. for 2173 in our spreadsheet, we have 6 PERs but CIC data shows 20. So, spreadsheet shows 30% of globally accepted applicants for NOC 2173. Likewise, for the other NOCs.

This is as per what was analyzed in comparison to spreadsheet last year when CIC updated their numbers. Others may have different views.

Good luck to all.
I don't think it's possible at this point to accurately guess what percentage of applicants are represented by the spreadsheet. The cap page represents PERs sent. Just look at some of the hot NOCs, we've seen 6th May CCs charged but there are 1st, 2nd, 5th May applications with no update. Many of those user names I have hardly or never seen posting. A lot of people enter their information but don't come back to update often. We may see some of them months from now with questions about medicals and PCCs, and won't find out until then that they got PERs right about this time but never reported them to the forum.

I think several months or a year from now the data provided will be enough to see in retrospect what percentage was represented by the spreadsheet. At this early stage the margin of error is too large for us to conclude anything.

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dhaka2014 said:
Exactly. You can't submit applications in person. You have to send it either by post or courier. I wonder who saw people queuing up at CIC Nova Scotia office on 1st May!!!

Sydney, NS is like one corner of Canada. Too far away from any happening part of Canada. If people were allowed to drop their package in person here's my funny take on this scenario.

The newly built jumbo airbus, (at least) one each from China and India would take off for Halifax, NS around 1st May each year LOL. And all of a sudden every street and corner of Sydney, NS would be filled with Indians and Chinese, lmao.

Note - Request everyone to take the above on humor value only, not meant to offend any nationality or race (I might be part of the above listed countries lol)

CPR2012

May 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
future_canadian said:
I have a guess but I refuse to post it. Nobody knows and guessing may give people false hope or false despair. In my opinion it's irresponsible. Everyone should put together the best application they can but do it ASAP.
Well said bro :)

fresher_2013

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: For how long should one keep the funds....

Oscar7 said:

Ideally you can use funds as long as you maintain 21000 CAD balance. Use and top it off. This you should maintain until arrival in Canada, and definitely one can be asked at point of entry, or at your local VO.

I don't see any problem in using the 19000 CAD that is in excess anytime, starting right now.

If there are any different views, please feel free to add. Cheers!
Thanks Ashif and Oscar7

krasburn

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
8-09-2014
Med's Request
20-10-2014
Med's Done....
25-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
future_canadian said:
No need. If the forms you sent were accurate as of the time you sent them you are okay. You might need to update your local VO later if they ask for updated information though.
Thanks. Very helpful.

namwbysbd

May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-08-2014
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2015
namwbysbd said:
I am surprised that at spread sheet there are 2 applicants got per noc.3012 ( 1st. & 2 nd May )and in meantime, CIO mentioned that only one has received per.
What does that means????????

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namwbysbd said:
I am surprised that at spread sheet there are 2 applicants got per noc.3012 ( 1st. & 2 nd May )and in meantime, CIO mentioned that only one has received per.
What does that means?HuhHuh?

The footnote on CIC's page says this data shared is merely "an estimate" so I would not be so worried about this. They never claim to be accurate my friend. Cheers!

mamacoded

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th Sept
Doc's Request.
05/02/2015
Nomination.....
29th Dec
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
05/02/2015
Med's Done....
11/02/2015
Interview........
meds updated on ECAS 15/04/2015 DM according to ECAS 8th May
Passport Req..
14/05/2015, Passport received at CPC - May 19
VISA ISSUED...
visa received May 28
LANDED..........
29/05/2015
I wonder if the cap for 1111 fills up before DDs from Accra get cleared!
How painful that will be!

DDs please get cleared fast.ICT has revolutionized the way we do business !

I'm just saying !

Status
Not open for further replies.