+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
obryan20 said:
The Nova Scotia PNP has been popular recently because they opened a new stream called Regional Labor Market Demand (RLMD) in March 2014 which had NOCs listed that were not available in FSWP 2013. This new stream did not require a job offer and had similar requirements as the FSWP with a few additional informational requirements, such as documenting a Settlement Plan. As such, many people applied or were preparing to apply, especially as there was the general feeling that FSWP 2014 would not have been available prior to Express Entry in January 2015.

I also was considering applying as my NOC became available and I had started researching information about it. However, I had faith and hoped that FSWP would reopen in 2014 with my NOC and decided to take the "wait and see" approach while at the same time attempting to get some of the more time consuming application tasks out of the way (IELTS/WES). Thankfully, that approach paid off.

Three things effectively turned me off from the NSNP (RMLD):
  • The program is essentially a mini version of the coming express entry, meaning that the power to choose was not in your own hands. Even after you sent a complete application package, Nova Scotia would be the one to decide who would be nominated to apply for PR, and there were only 150 spots available, not per NOC, but for the entire stream - out of thousands of applications which would invariably be sent. Didn't particularly like those odds.
  • The Settlement Plan was effectively a glorified essay as to why Nova Scotia should select you as one of its 150 nominees and how your previous experience and knowledge would prepare you to settle within the province. As much as I can be good at writing essays if I put my mind to the task, I don't particularly enjoy this and avoid them at all costs where possible :).
  • If selected as a nominee, you still would have to go through a similar federal application process, which could take up to a year, in addition to the approximately six months it would take to get a decision on whether or not you have been selected as a provincial nominee. Added to the fact that to become a provincial nominee you were required to "demonstrate intent to live in Nova Scotia permanently", if you became a nominee, at the very least you had to attempt to settle down in the province before moving elsewhere. This became the last straw. My preference would be to start in Toronto as I have "family" there who could ease the transition process of essentially restarting one's life if the PR application is successful.
Very interesting. Most PNP streams that I have seen require that you live in the province for some time prior to nomination. I was considering one of the BC PNP streams but at first you are only issued a work permit and then after 2-3 years you are nominated to CIC for PR. So despite what posters usually tell people who ask about whether they can move around--that the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees you the right to live anywhere in the country--if you don't fulfill the PNP's requirements for nomination you will find yourself with no PR and unable to stay in Canada. So people better be willing to live in NS for awhile I guess...

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajaram said:
ECAS is already updated. my friend's status is already updated even though he has not received PER mail.

what's your present status in ecas Ahmad?

can someone whose CC has been charged pls check their status on ecas?
How does one check this without a UCI?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GMS said:
Hi.. Can anybody share the format of Police certificate..? Police may not follow my format but i can get an idea that what i need them to write basically..
You don't supply the format. Every country has a standard format they issue. Just apply to the necessary offices and they will send you the PCC.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
vijayanand said:
Hi Ashif,

Should i send notarized copy of experience and relieving letter or should i send original experience and relieving letter from previous employer.

if I remember correctly, CIC website has mentioned to send ORIGINAL experience and relieving letter from previous employer. please let me now sending original experience and relieving letter is required or not
Sending notarized copies should be enough. About your 2nd para, CIC did not say it explicitly.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashif_eee said:
Brother,

i guess u dont have UCI...so just left it as--NO.

Also u do not need to send the Visa copy of that student Visa....

Send only bio page as instructed to Document checklist point 8.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

good luck...:)
Why wouldn't he have a UCI if CIC has previously issued him a visa?

He may have forgotten or not known it... but that is not the same as not having one.

Either way it's not crucial, if he can locate it he should include it if not CIC will find it.

jsb85

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I'm going to apply for the PCC from the passport office, let me explain my scenario, i'm located in a city different from where my passport have been issued:-

1) Can i apply for police clearance certificate from city other than the city from where my passport have been issued?
2) Or i have to apply from the city from where my passport have been issued?

Suppose i choose 1st option, than how much time it will take? Anyone, who have faced the same situation.

Thanks in advance.

Mr and mrs S

May 10, 2014
Re: Number of years experience

Century said:
A person specially senior staff plays various roles; even one applicant can simultaneously apply different NOCs. Someone applying in NOC X does not meant he is not entitle for apply NOC Y.

For your case, I proposed to mention both the NOC's responsibilities (according to you, which is the real picture); if someone missed to say something earlier (HR manager roles), it does not mean, he has to continue missing it.

Alternatively, your husband can only claim HR manager experience from 2012 (Jan2004 to Dec2011 : NOC 1122 and Jan2012 to Jun 2014: NOC 0112). In this case, there is no conflict and your husband will get full 10+ years of experience (2 & 1/2 years for HR and 8 years for NOC 1122. Just note that, an applicant will be awarded point against experiences in NOCs that fall under Skill level O, A, or B categories.

About your second question, when UCI been given, he also been assigned a file number. So some basic information has been kept against the file number. As far as I know, they scan the bar code of generic form and kept it preserved for future reference/checking. Don't know whether they keep any other documents or forms - most likely they don't.

Hi century. So my husband can only claim points for HR manager starting 2012 ? If he only has 2 1/2 years , he won't make the 67 points needed And there is no 1122 in the priority list fsw 2014 so he can't claim points for this ??? I am a real estate developer / licensed real estate broker . Can apply under 0121 NOC. Am I better off being the principal applicant instead ?

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Mamousa said:
Hi,

Do we have to submit both Secondary and Post Secondary certificates?
or just the highest earned certificate (Post Secondary)
Because I see some posts mentioning the same while on the Document Checklist, it says "Secondary OR Post Secondary" , not AND

Kindly advise
Post secondary should be enough (degree and masters). However, you can start from SSC to masters. Who knows, there is problem with birth certificate and SSC marksheet can help us in that case.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amandii said:
Hello,
I am applying for immigration under The Federal Skilled Workers Program and there are a few document issues I am worried about. Kindly, if possible, please clarify them up for me. I am from India and my questions pertain primarily to Indian document requirements.
1)In the generic application form(IMM0008ENU_2D) , it asks for national identity document. is it important to provide one. Can driving License be used as one if it has a slight error in name spelling. Can the form be filled without filling the NID column.
2) In additional family information form (IMM5406E), it asks for family information. Does one also have to enter information of family members not alive. My father is not alive, so I was wondering if his information is to be filled and how to fill his marital status information.
3)In India, we usually have no birth certificate, but our 10th standard certificate (matriculation) counts as date of birth record. Is it enough to submit that or should any additional document be submitted( like an affidavit) if birth certificate is not available.
4) How can one show proof of relationship of maternal uncle. My mom has her passport with fathers name and matriculation certificate. Will it suffice or do i also need something else.

I know it is a long message, but I hope i get replies and thanks in advance.
1. Indian posters will help you with this.
2. Yes. In fact in some spaces they ask for the date of death. You must fill in all requested information. Under marital status for your father you can enter "deceased" and for your mother presumably write "widowed."
3. Indian posters will help you with this.
4. Your mother's passport and matriculation certificate seems like only half the equation. I think you would need similar information from your uncle to show that they have the same parents. Having established your relationship, you also need to show proof that your uncle is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada. (I am assuming this is for the purpose of getting adaptability points.) Refer to the guide for suitable documents to establish this. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

RK29824

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2132 & 2232
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
27-Nov-2014 (PER)
File Transfer...
16-Feb-2015 (2nd Line)
Med's Request
3-Sept-2015
Med's Done....
8-Sept-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-Sept-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
15-Mar-2016
Seniors,

I do not have my birth certificate, please suggest me what is alternative in this case?

I am not able to get new birth certificate now!

Please help.

Mr and mrs S

May 10, 2014
Re: Number of years experience

Mr and mrs S said:
Century said:
A person specially senior staff plays various roles; even one applicant can simultaneously apply different NOCs. Someone applying in NOC X does not meant he is not entitle for apply NOC Y.

For your case, I proposed to mention both the NOC's responsibilities (according to you, which is the real picture); if someone missed to say something earlier (HR manager roles), it does not mean, he has to continue missing it.

Alternatively, your husband can only claim HR manager experience from 2012 (Jan2004 to Dec2011 : NOC 1122 and Jan2012 to Jun 2014: NOC 0112). In this case, there is no conflict and your husband will get full 10+ years of experience (2 & 1/2 years for HR and 8 years for NOC 1122. Just note that, an applicant will be awarded point against experiences in NOCs that fall under Skill level O, A, or B categories.

About your second question, when UCI been given, he also been assigned a file number. So some basic information has been kept against the file number. As far as I know, they scan the bar code of generic form and kept it preserved for future reference/checking. Don't know whether they keep any other documents or forms - most likely they don't.

Hi century. So my husband can only claim points for HR manager starting 2012 ? If he only has 2 1/2 years , he won't make the 67 points needed And there is no 1122 in the priority list fsw 2014 so he can't claim points for this ??? I am a real estate developer / licensed real estate broker . Can apply under 0121 NOC. Am I better off being the principal applicant instead ?
My husband has been doing hr manager position since 2006 with one of their family's companies but unfortunately he did not include this is his 2011 application since he only declared his functions under 1122 NOC last 2011

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aish19 said:
CAN U KINDLY HELP. I AM WORKING UNDER MY HUSBAND AT HIS FIRM. I AM APPLYING FOR PR .CAN I GET REFERENCE FROM MY HUSBAND OR SHOULD I GET FROM THIRD PARTY. PLEASE HELP
<giggle>

Is your husband the owner and CEO/big boss, or does "his firm" mean the company he works for?

If there is someone not related to you who is in a position to know your duties it may be better to obtain a letter from that person. Letters written by family members may be less credible and will probably be subject to closer scrutiny/verification.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
megalomax said:
Would it be advisable to apply in this when I already have an application lodged to Québec? (app sent march 31,2014)
There is no problem applying to more than one PR program.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GMS said:
Can anybody share the format of Police certificate..?

Police may not follow my format but i can get an idea that what i need them to write basically.. Sometimes we may need to push them to include some critical things..
Every country has a standard format. CIC has seen thousands of PCCs and each country has issued millions of them. You don't need to tell them what to include and you can't specify a format. If you really want to know what a certain country's looks like, use google images.

Status
Not open for further replies.