+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
amandii said:
Hello,
I am applying for immigration under The Federal Skilled Workers Program and there are a few document issues I am worried about. Kindly, if possible, please clarify them up for me. I am from India and my questions pertain primarily to Indian document requirements.
1)In the generic application form(IMM0008ENU_2D) , it asks for national identity document. is it important to provide one. Can driving License be used as one if it has a slight error in name spelling. Can the form be filled without filling the NID column.
2) In additional family information form (IMM5406E), it asks for family information. Does one also have to enter information of family members not alive. My father is not alive, so I was wondering if his information is to be filled and how to fill his marital status information.
3)In India, we usually have no birth certificate, but our 10th standard certificate (matriculation) counts as date of birth record. Is it enough to submit that or should any additional document be submitted( like an affidavit) if birth certificate is not available.
4) How can one show proof of relationship of maternal uncle. My mom has her passport with fathers name and matriculation certificate. Will it suffice or do i also need something else.

I know it is a long message, but I hope i get replies and thanks in advance.
1. If you dont have, then dont provide one. It is not compulsory.
2. Yes, all the family members info shall be provided. You can type in status as Not Applicable. There is anothe form that asks for your parents information and date of death, if applicable.
3. You can easily get your birth certificate from local municipal office, depending on where you are from.
4. Provide whatever documents you can arrange for. your mom's passport, your uncles passport showing their parents names, any old ration card

megalomax

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Philippines
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7/07/2012
Doc's Request.
21/07/2014
AOR Received.
23/03/2018
Med's Request
16/07/2018
Med's Done....
14/08/2018
Would it be advisable to apply in this when I already have an application lodged to Québec? (app sent march 31,2014)

GMS

May 31, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
GMS said:
Hi.. Can anybody share the format of Police certificate..? Police may not follow my format but i can get an idea that what i need them to write basically..
Can anybody share the format of Police certificate..?

Police may not follow my format but i can get an idea that what i need them to write basically.. Sometimes we may need to push them to include some critical things..

fresher_2013

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, query on provident fund balance.

I have submitted the Provident fund balance that gets deducted from my salary every month, as the proof of funds.

Is there a challenge with the same. Please help, I am now very concerned after reading some comments on PF here.

In any case, I shall get the money back when I leave the job in India and move to Canada.

Asking 3rd time.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
kollins said:
IGNORE THE FORMS.......YOU DON'T NEED IT AT-ALL.
EVEN SOME MARRIED COUPLES DOESN'T NEED THE FORMS TOO.
I'M MARRIED BUT I DIDNT INCLUDE ANY OF THE FORMS YOU LISTED.
Cheers!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK TIME IN RESPONDING TO MY QUERY ! :D

jsb85

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have few queries, please answer
1. Is secondary school certificate can be accepted as a proof for date of Birth?
2. How to get Police clearance certificate in India?
3. Do i need to attest each and every supporting documents?

Thanks

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
jsb85 said:
Hi All,

I have few queries, please answer
1. Is secondary school certificate can be accepted as a proof for date of Birth?
2. How to get Police clearance certificate in India?
3. Do i need to attest each and every supporting documents?

Thanks
Deear Brother,

1. Yes ...

CIC has sent a reply to one of the returning applicant:

"We do accept Secondary school records that contain the following :

Applicant's Name
Date of Birth
Name of Parent/Parents

If you are not able to provide a Birth certificate with all 3 criteria, we require an affidavit stating all of this information or that a Birth certificate cannot be attained."

So 10th standard school certificate or an affidavit containing applicants name, date of birth and Parent/Parents name should be fine in lieu of a birth certificate. Also you must give reason in a cover letter why you were not able to provide birth certificate and that you are providing 10th standard school certificate / affidavit in lieu of birth certificate.

2. Please check below:

"Indian PCC:

@ Sinestra and Bharat - PCCs are provided by PSKs (under Ministry of External Affairs) not Police stations. I was of your thinking before actually going through the process which is why I asked 2 questions to an authorized person in PSK, ND. Read Q/A in the last.

I can tell you of the story in Delhi PSK; not sure if same applies to Mumbai and Gujarat.
An additional commissioner sits in the PSK who stamps and provides the PCC after doing some techno-geeky on a computer. Basically, from what I understand, he accesses the central repository of the police records and upon finding no adverse information provides the applicant with two stamped PCCs. The fee was also nominal; around INR 500 per applicant.

When I was about to leave the PSK, the window person on the exit stopped me and asked me for feedback on the service quality and provided me a feedback form. Of course, the experience was awesome and process quick. This is where I asked the fellow 2 questions, to which he replied very diligently.

Q1) Why was I given two PCCs?
A1) It is a standard procedure. We understand you need to submit one for visa purpose, so the other one you can keep for yourself.

Q2) I thought I would have to go to Police station for PCC after this stage, but I didn't?
A2) If there is any adverse information found against a personnel or some clarification required, the addl. commissioner will transfer your request to the Police station in your area. Then the person will need to visit the police station to get the things sorted out first. Upon sorting out, SHO will issue a letter of No Objection and after that you'll get the PCC from PSK. This process will take long time.

Q3) Anything else here?
A3) Nothing. You are done here.

Same thing must have happened with my wife but I don't know (neither did I bother to ask) because she applied 2 weeks after me and she got it in 2 hrs. Faster than mine. (ladies do have some advantages, after all!)

Following is the extract from my PCC;
"It is certified that there is no adverse information against Mr.XXX S/o Mr XXX, holder of Indian Passport No xxxxx, issued at xxxx, on dd/mm/yyyy which would render him or her ineligible for grant of travel facilities including visa for CANADA."

Follow this.
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/locatePSK/locatePFC

a) Locate your respective PSKs. (Ahmedabad, Mumbai, etc)
b) Register for an account.
c) Login and apply for PCC. Do not forget to go through the 'Document Advisory'.
d) No need of appointment for PCC.
e) Go stand in the Queue before the PSK opens or u'll be delayed for the day.

Hope this helps."

3. Nope its optional...but preferable...:)

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
fresher_2013 said:
Hi, query on provident fund balance.

I have submitted the Provident fund balance that gets deducted from my salary every month, as the proof of funds.

Is there a challenge with the same. Please help, I am now very concerned after reading some comments on PF here.

In any case, I shall get the money back when I leave the job in India and move to Canada.

Asking 3rd time.

I am referring to the applicants who are well concerned about this issue....

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Canadian Dream112233 said:
Hi Dear Fellow Members,
I need your guidance.
I made a mistake in background declaration form. My application for PR (FSW) in 2013 was refused because I could not score 67 pass marks. I have applied again this year. In background declaration form I could not notice in question no 6 they ask about the refusal of previous PR application. I answered no. In actual I should answer yes. I have provided my UCI number in the generic form. But still I am worried.
Is there any solution for this problem. Kindly help me. Thanks
You will be fine......no issue.
Cheers

mcgyver

Apr 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
16-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2015 Decision Made: 30-06-2015 PP Submitted...: 1-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015 PP Returned....: 11-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
Re: My "food for thought" to seniors

Festy1 said:
Same situation at Accra VO... I wonder what they are doing dere or maybe they are short of staffs?????
Festy1 and Kollins,

"Ouch" for the Accra VO. I guess the Singapore VO is not alone after all.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
cherrydhiman said:
Thanks Asif ,

could you please update below as well

any chance of refusal of my application as I already get promoted. ?

"If yes, Is CIC will refuse my application as I already get promoted. "
You will not be denied.
You are fine if this is the only issue.
Cheers.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
bremner55 said:
I have a query on which request all to advise. I have exactly 11 months and 15 days experience in Canada in a skilled NOC. Should I tick 'Yes' on question in Schedule-3 which asks whether a candidate has minimum 1 year skilled experience in Canada.

It is about 10 points which this question gives. The concern here is, whether 11.5 months be accepted as close to 1 year and hence points awarded. Pls. guide / share experiences.

Dear Buddy,

Please wait for more 15 days.....Bcoz this is the min requirement to have one yr work exp....Complete it first...

jsb85

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashif_eee said:
Deear Brother,

1. Yes ...

CIC has sent a reply to one of the returning applicant:

"We do accept Secondary school records that contain the following :

Applicant's Name
Date of Birth
Name of Parent/Parents

If you are not able to provide a Birth certificate with all 3 criteria, we require an affidavit stating all of this information or that a Birth certificate cannot be attained."

So 10th standard school certificate or an affidavit containing applicants name, date of birth and Parent/Parents name should be fine in lieu of a birth certificate. Also you must give reason in a cover letter why you were not able to provide birth certificate and that you are providing 10th standard school certificate / affidavit in lieu of birth certificate.

2. Please check below:

"Indian PCC:

@ Sinestra and Bharat - PCCs are provided by PSKs (under Ministry of External Affairs) not Police stations. I was of your thinking before actually going through the process which is why I asked 2 questions to an authorized person in PSK, ND. Read Q/A in the last.

I can tell you of the story in Delhi PSK; not sure if same applies to Mumbai and Gujarat.
An additional commissioner sits in the PSK who stamps and provides the PCC after doing some techno-geeky on a computer. Basically, from what I understand, he accesses the central repository of the police records and upon finding no adverse information provides the applicant with two stamped PCCs. The fee was also nominal; around INR 500 per applicant.

When I was about to leave the PSK, the window person on the exit stopped me and asked me for feedback on the service quality and provided me a feedback form. Of course, the experience was awesome and process quick. This is where I asked the fellow 2 questions, to which he replied very diligently.

Q1) Why was I given two PCCs?
A1) It is a standard procedure. We understand you need to submit one for visa purpose, so the other one you can keep for yourself.

Q2) I thought I would have to go to Police station for PCC after this stage, but I didn't?
A2) If there is any adverse information found against a personnel or some clarification required, the addl. commissioner will transfer your request to the Police station in your area. Then the person will need to visit the police station to get the things sorted out first. Upon sorting out, SHO will issue a letter of No Objection and after that you'll get the PCC from PSK. This process will take long time.

Q3) Anything else here?
A3) Nothing. You are done here.

Same thing must have happened with my wife but I don't know (neither did I bother to ask) because she applied 2 weeks after me and she got it in 2 hrs. Faster than mine. (ladies do have some advantages, after all!)

Following is the extract from my PCC;
"It is certified that there is no adverse information against Mr.XXX S/o Mr XXX, holder of Indian Passport No xxxxx, issued at xxxx, on dd/mm/yyyy which would render him or her ineligible for grant of travel facilities including visa for CANADA."

Follow this.
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/locatePSK/locatePFC

a) Locate your respective PSKs. (Ahmedabad, Mumbai, etc)
b) Register for an account.
c) Login and apply for PCC. Do not forget to go through the 'Document Advisory'.
d) No need of appointment for PCC.
e) Go stand in the Queue before the PSK opens or u'll be delayed for the day.

Hope this helps."

3. Nope its optional...but preferable...:)

@ashif_eee Thank you very much..Bhaijaan.. Wish u all the best for your application. :)

ash73

Mar 2, 2011
Visa Office......
lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-05-2014
Seniors ,now that it's June ,any predictions for the next few weeks.so far looking at the the spreadsheet the packages seem to be opened randomly eg it is first May then fifth May.what about applications between these two dates...May god send good news for all...

delhi2173

Star Member
May 9, 2014
one of my friend had applied to FSW last year under 2174 but got rejected due to cap.
this year he is applying under 2173 as it is more relevant to his experience.

will this cause any issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.