+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandMeDown

May 31, 2014
HandMeDown said:
My question is regarding how fast the 1000 cap per NOC is likely to fill up? Are there any stats from previous years?

I am lucky enough to be able to apply through IEC here in Ireland which allows for a 24month Work Permit, I had been focusing all my attention there and have only just realised the quotas for FSW 2014 were renewed at the start of the month.

As a Software Developer I plan on applying under 2174: Computer programmers and interactive media developers.

I would only now be starting to get my ECA and need to sit my IELTS as well as getting my medical exam, all of which I believe can take up to 8 weeks (with a lot of expense involved).

I guess my real question, is it worth me starting the application at this 'late' stage. Thanks for any help.
amanuppal said:
it is always worth doing because if the cap gets over you can get prepared for 2015 because any time you need IELTS and ecs
Thanks very much for replying, I'm going to give it a shot. Do CIC post online anywhere once certain categories fill up?

abcpunjab

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
ashif_eee said:
Deear Brother,

1. Yes ...

CIC has sent a reply to one of the returning applicant:

"We do accept Secondary school records that contain the following :

Applicant's Name
Date of Birth
Name of Parent/Parents

If you are not able to provide a Birth certificate with all 3 criteria, we require an affidavit stating all of this information or that a Birth certificate cannot be attained."

So 10th standard school certificate or an affidavit containing applicants name, date of birth and Parent/Parents name should be fine in lieu of a birth certificate. Also you must give reason in a cover letter why you were not able to provide birth certificate and that you are providing 10th standard school certificate / affidavit in lieu of birth certificate.

2. Please check below:

"Indian PCC:

@ Sinestra and Bharat - PCCs are provided by PSKs (under Ministry of External Affairs) not Police stations. I was of your thinking before actually going through the process which is why I asked 2 questions to an authorized person in PSK, ND. Read Q/A in the last.

I can tell you of the story in Delhi PSK; not sure if same applies to Mumbai and Gujarat.
An additional commissioner sits in the PSK who stamps and provides the PCC after doing some techno-geeky on a computer. Basically, from what I understand, he accesses the central repository of the police records and upon finding no adverse information provides the applicant with two stamped PCCs. The fee was also nominal; around INR 500 per applicant.

When I was about to leave the PSK, the window person on the exit stopped me and asked me for feedback on the service quality and provided me a feedback form. Of course, the experience was awesome and process quick. This is where I asked the fellow 2 questions, to which he replied very diligently.

Q1) Why was I given two PCCs?
A1) It is a standard procedure. We understand you need to submit one for visa purpose, so the other one you can keep for yourself.

Q2) I thought I would have to go to Police station for PCC after this stage, but I didn't?
A2) If there is any adverse information found against a personnel or some clarification required, the addl. commissioner will transfer your request to the Police station in your area. Then the person will need to visit the police station to get the things sorted out first. Upon sorting out, SHO will issue a letter of No Objection and after that you'll get the PCC from PSK. This process will take long time.

Q3) Anything else here?
A3) Nothing. You are done here.

Same thing must have happened with my wife but I don't know (neither did I bother to ask) because she applied 2 weeks after me and she got it in 2 hrs. Faster than mine. (ladies do have some advantages, after all!)

Following is the extract from my PCC;
"It is certified that there is no adverse information against Mr.XXX S/o Mr XXX, holder of Indian Passport No xxxxx, issued at xxxx, on dd/mm/yyyy which would render him or her ineligible for grant of travel facilities including visa for CANADA."

Follow this.
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/locatePSK/locatePFC

a) Locate your respective PSKs. (Ahmedabad, Mumbai, etc)
b) Register for an account.
c) Login and apply for PCC. Do not forget to go through the 'Document Advisory'.
d) No need of appointment for PCC.
e) Go stand in the Queue before the PSK opens or u'll be delayed for the day.

Hope this helps."

3. Nope its optional...but preferable...:)
Could you please clarify If it is either affidavit or secondary certificate. For it seems like one has to submit secondary certificate and affidavit that y used secodary certificate. Please advise me on this as I am submitting Secondary certificate for DOB....thanks in adv

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
abcpunjab said:
Could you please clarify If it is either affidavit or secondary certificate. For it seems like one has to submit secondary certificate and affidavit that y used secodary certificate. Please advise me on this as I am submitting Secondary certificate for DOB....thanks in adv
Brother Its either

1. SSC certificate
OR
2. Affidavit.

Any of one...:)

spicysank

Apr 2, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Other
Man oh Man
One after the other i am finding flaws. Such silly things!!! :-X :-X :-X

When i mailed my envelope i didnt specify the category just forwarded it like this:-

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category, Offer of Arranged Employment category or PhD category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: 1212
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

As shown on the website, Now i read it properly and it Says "Specify the category under which you are applying"

Any Suggestions? :eek: :eek:

Thanks in Advance

ash73

Mar 2, 2011
Visa Office......
lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-05-2014
ashif_eee said:
Dear Brother,

Please check the below FSW13 spreadsheet "returned application" page...U will discover the reasons...:)

http://tinyurl.com/fswp-2013-html
I can't access the above mentioned spread sheet. I can access only the google one.i can't see the reason for returned application there.pls guide

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
spicysank said:
Man oh Man
One after the other i am finding flaws. Such silly things!!! :-X :-X :-X

When i mailed my envelope i didnt specify the category just forwarded it like this:-

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category, Offer of Arranged Employment category or PhD category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: 1212
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

As shown on the website, Now i read it properly and it Says "Specify the category under which you are applying"

Any Suggestions? :eek: :eek:

Thanks in Advance

Dear brother,

I believe u will be absolutely ok....I also did the same silly thing....many of FSW13 applicants also did....

None of the application was impacted.....

So just relax and Cool... 8) 8) 8)

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
ash73 said:
I can't access the above mentioned spread sheet. I can access only the google one.i can't see the reason for returned application there.pls guide
Brother,

Can u please try now.....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aovj20uHVWyzdGFqSGJUOEtVX0h5eWM0cXB5dlAtOEE&output=html

spicysank

Apr 2, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Other
ashif_eee said:

Dear brother,

I believe u will be absolutely ok....I also did the same silly thing....many of FSW13 applicants also did....

None of the application was impacted.....

So just relax and Cool... 8) 8) 8)
Thanks Bro, It makes me feel relieved ;D

You Rock!!!

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
ashif_eee... Thanks a ton

Please provide me a affidavit format, Unfortunately I think I have no other option than to do this..... :( :( :(

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
immig_IT_guy said:
ashif_eee... Thanks a ton

Please provide me a affidavit format, Unfortunately I think I have no other option than to do this..... :( :( :(
Here u go brother...:)

U can submit below Sample affidavit for the alternate work reference/job description letter:

Sample notarization
Date:

SOLEMN AFFIRMATION

I the undersigned, (principal applicant), residing at ___________________________________, hereby solemnly affirm that from (date) until (date) I was employed by (company name) as (job title).

I worked (number) hours per week and was paid (salary) (weekly, monthly, yearly).

My main duties consisted of (main duties).

Main Duty 1
Main Duty 2
Main Duty 3
Main Duty 4
and so on and so forth.

I am unable to obtain a letter with the job description from my employer because the HR department doesn't provide any such letter with the job duties mentioned on it. The only thing they provide with is an experience letter with the designation and the tenure of the employment mentioned on it, that too at the time of relieving. I have that letter and I shall enclose the notarized copy of the same.

Take this to any lawyer/Notary Public and get it notarized.....

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
ashif_eee... Thanks Bro, I owe you one.... 8) 8)
BTW which NOC do you belong to?
Iam in 2174

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
immig_IT_guy said:
ashif_eee... Thanks Bro, I owe you one.... 8) 8)
BTW which NOC do you belong to?
Iam in 2174

Thnks buddy...

Basically I applied on last yr - FSW13...Now waiting for the Medical from the dumb Singapore Visa office....:)

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Re: Number of years experience

Mr and mrs S said:
Thank you Century for the fast reply .
Did I understand you right ?
Last 2011 application which was returned to us because of cap reached 1122, my husband did not put his Human resources manager function he was performing since he deemed it unimportant because he was applying for 1122 NOC anyway .

So if he files now and indicates he was an HR manager from 2006 up to present , won't CIC question how come he did not declare his HR position in the background declaration he did at 2011 application ?

He was assigned a UCI number with the returned application of 2011 . Do you think CIC even scanned all copies of background declaration even if cap reached ?
A person specially senior staff plays various roles; even one applicant can simultaneously apply different NOCs. Someone applying in NOC X does not meant he is not entitle for apply NOC Y.

For your case, I proposed to mention both the NOC's responsibilities (according to you, which is the real picture); if someone missed to say something earlier (HR manager roles), it does not mean, he has to continue missing it.

Alternatively, your husband can only claim HR manager experience from 2012 (Jan2004 to Dec2011 : NOC 1122 and Jan2012 to Jun 2014: NOC 0112). In this case, there is no conflict and your husband will get full 10+ years of experience (2 & 1/2 years for HR and 8 years for NOC 1122. Just note that, an applicant will be awarded point against experiences in NOCs that fall under Skill level O, A, or B categories.

About your second question, when UCI been given, he also been assigned a file number. So some basic information has been kept against the file number. As far as I know, they scan the bar code of generic form and kept it preserved for future reference/checking. Don't know whether they keep any other documents or forms - most likely they don't.

abstalks

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Damn WES!!! When I applied, they said 7 days on their website and now it is 20+ days!!!
I think they delivered the death blow to my application...
Stupid me to miss that out!

ash73

Mar 2, 2011
Visa Office......
lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-05-2014
ashif_eee said:
Brother,

Can u please try now.....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aovj20uHVWyzdGFqSGJUOEtVX0h5eWM0cXB5dlAtOEE&output=html
Thanks for your prompt reply ...I'm worried sick because the bc of my husband (who is the main applicant )
Has the date of birth,fathers name,but not his own name mentioned.and he did not put any cover letter as well.in those days it was a common custom to have birth certificates issued without the new borns name.now reading about returned applications has really panicked me..... :eek:..pls pray for us...
Is it an option to send a cover letter now and an affidavit now.i have uci number from last years returned file due to cap..??

Status
Not open for further replies.