+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

movecanada

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Friends

I just noticed today, my ecas status has been changed to "in progress" from " application received" and added line, we have started processing your application on Nov 21, 2011.

What does that mean ? How long does generally it takes from here to Visa stamping ?

Also, another question, after you get Permanent Resident visa and you land as a Landed Immigrant.....is it possible to travel outside of Canada specially US till you get the PR card ??

PLS advice !! :)

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
@movecanada,

Once you land, they will ask you for a canadian /quebec address to send the PR card. A friend of mine who did not have one gave the address of her friend in Montreal, who mailed the PR card back to my friend in the US. You need the PR card to enter back if you go out of Canada.

If you are driving back to Canada from the US, I think you can enter by showing the COPR stamp in your passport. But if you are flying, you need the PR card.

If you are going to your native country and do not have a PR card, you will need to apply for a travel document from the Canadian consulate/embassy in your country to return back to canada.

Please consult this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/driving-to-us-without-a-pr-card-t89038.0.html

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
biochemgal09 said:
Welcome back AEO! Its a pleasure to see you :)
Thanks biochem. I am still here and read all posts,however, I have to answer from work because I don't have access to computer/laptop. I only have my cel whenever I'm home. :)

Man4Terre

Sep 27, 2011
Hello ladies and gents... greetings!

I understand the frustration that comes with waiting for Buffalo to move faster than they are doing. But lets not forget that one agent might be dealing with several applications from different categories, hence the delay.

Also, we should remember that if an applicant has a job offer, then his/her application will be treated with urgency, and if i am not mistaking, the applicant hanisuliman was refering to had a job offer reason why it did not take him/her that long to get PPR...

lets keep the faith God is with us!

@ ittech.... thanks for the encouragement and I will keep smiling and praying fo us all.

:p :p

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
1. I sent my and my wife medical results to Ottawa in November 8, 2011. I just want to know how long it may take to get the PR.
2. Could any one advise of the cheapest and quiest city/town to land in after the process is over.

Best wishes to all of you. ;)
Speednab

hanisuliman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/6/2011
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
13/11/2011
File Transfer...
Detroit 17/02/2012
Med's Done....
15/11/2011
Passport Req..
30/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/2012
LANDED..........
2/4/2012
speednab said:
Hi,
1. I sent my and my wife medical results to Ottawa in November 8, 2011. I just want to know how long it may take to get the PR.
2. Could any one advise of the cheapest and quiest city/town to land in after the process is over.

Best wishes to all of you. ;)
Speednab
SA

I see all the process of immigration is luck. some people get it fast and some get it late..when u try to figure out the reasons, you wont find any thing logical about whole process...so leave it for Allah and pray for us all...

msarham

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
Med's Done....
02-11-2011
movecanada said:
Friends

I just noticed today, my ecas status has been changed to "in progress" from " application received" and added line, we have started processing your application on Nov 21, 2011.

What does that mean ? How long does generally it takes from here to Visa stamping ?

Also, another question, after you get Permanent Resident visa and you land as a Landed Immigrant.....is it possible to travel outside of Canada specially US till you get the PR card ??

PLS advice !! :)
Have you done with your medical. I noticed yesterday, they just add one line, medical results has been received however the status is still in "Application received" .

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WA Br.Hanisuliman,
Thanks for the reply. We leave to Allah swt.

@ Masarham,
Yes I did the medical and sent it but It still shows application received.
Thank you

movecanada

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
biochemgal09 said:
@ movecanada,

Once you land, they will ask you for a canadian /quebec address to send the PR card. A friend of mine who did not have one gave the address of her friend in Montreal, who mailed the PR card back to my friend in the US. You need the PR card to enter back if you go out of Canada.

If you are driving back to Canada from the US, I think you can enter by showing the COPR stamp in your passport. But if you are flying, you need the PR card.

If you are going to your native country and do not have a PR card, you will need to apply for a travel document from the Canadian consulate/embassy in your country to return back to canada.

Please consult this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/driving-to-us-without-a-pr-card-t89038.0.html
thank you :) this is great info..

also, do you know how long does it take to process the COPR after consulate ask for passports by mail...?

movecanada

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
msarham said:
Have you done with your medical. I noticed yesterday, they just add one line, medical results has been received however the status is still in "Application received" .
Yes msarham, i got my medicals done back in March 2011 and right now they changed my status to "in progress" and added a line which states we have started processing on 21 Nov 2011.

Cheeers!!

movecanada

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
wcikkk said:
Finally... Finally I saw it ends.

I got my PPR two days ago, 21 NOV!!

After 15 months of everlasting waiting, it's all over.

It was quite dramatic because I got PPR email from my lawyer in the flight of way back to my country.

All I have to do at this point is getting a new passport and send it to my lawyer so that she can mail it to VISA office.

It seems eCAS is not reliable at all. Because not only it doesn't indicate that my file is completed, but also it didn't even notify that my file has been transferred to NYC office.

Since they asked me to send passport to NYC, I guess my file has been transferred from Buffalo to NYC few weeks or months ago.

Anyway, I'm so glad it's all over.

I'd like to show my respect and appreciation to our dear friend AE03YY.

You've been always positive and encouraging, and it really helped me to calm down.

Thanks again.

PS. One last question for those who already got PPR.
Does VISA office ask to give finger print or any other action other than PPR request?
I wouldn't want to go back to CANADA during my vacation in my country.
Wcikkk congrats , that's a great news.... so did you send your passport to NY embassy....? Did you check with your lawyer how long it generally takes to get the COPR stamped after you send passport to NY ? :)

happy vacations!!

movecanada

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
GUYS

Looks like CIC website is down to check online status .... so if you get error don't be surprised :)

Try it later..

Cheers !!

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes the checking status was down. Now they updated my case to "Medical Received" :)
Speednab

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
Congrats Speednab :) small steps like these lead to the big one.