+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
abscott said:
Hi I'm a new member here, I wanna ask help form all of you who had submitted their application as to the labeling of the pictures whether I should do it in front or at the back, as to the medical on the details of what are included in the medical and do we need to provide the form for medical and also on the leagl documents, do we need to send all the originals or just certified copies of all?

Thank you so much...
Photos : If you are planning to send individual (Proof of relationship) photos then yes you may write in the back. What most of the people here did including me is that we used digital photos and placed them in a Word document 3 photos in each page and then write the captions below or next to each photo

Medical Receipt: You must provide this receipt that you have completed your medicals. The doctors will send the results to CIC and they will be connected with your files.

Original Legal Documents: I send the originals on some and some I send a notarized copy.

Good luck

messenger

abscott

Feb 24, 2013
Manila
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
15-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-22-2014
LANDED..........
02-20-2015
messenger said:
Photos : If you are planning to send individual (Proof of relationship) photos then yes you may write in the back. What most of the people here did including me is that we used digital photos and placed them in a Word document 3 photos in each page and then write the captions below or next to each photo

Medical Receipt: You must provide this receipt that you have completed your medicals. The doctors will send the results to CIC and they will be connected with your files.

Original Legal Documents: I send the originals on some and some I send a notarized copy.

Good luck

messenger

Hi...so you mean I don't have to submit original photos but only digital or scanned copies so I could label them below or directly on the photos?Did you hire somebody like a lawyer to check on your documents?because my husband wants to pay there for the checking of the documents. Do you think it would help if he allows them to check all our documents which I will be packing according to the checklist then send them to him?

Thank you so much...

abscott

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
abscott said:
Hi...so you mean I don't have to submit original photos but only digital or scanned copies so I could label them below or directly on the photos?Did you hire somebody like a lawyer to check on your documents?because my husband wants to pay there for the checking of the documents. Do you think it would help if he allows them to check all our documents which I will be packing according to the checklist then send them to him?

Thank you so much...

abscott
No you do not have to. As long as you can reproduce this photos on a good quality word doc then you are just fine.
Getting a lawyer was not an option for me. Like many many people here we did our own apps and I believe using someone else to do your own work is not only a waste of money but also a great risk.
Sit down with your mate and do your own apps. Keep in touch with this forum and you will have most of your questions answered to the best of ability!
Where are you from ? Are you the sponsor?

meseenger

abscott

Feb 24, 2013
Manila
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
15-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-22-2014
LANDED..........
02-20-2015
messenger said:
No you do not have to. As long as you can reproduce this photos on a good quality word doc then you are just fine.
Getting a lawyer was not an option for me. Like many many people here we did our own apps and I believe using someone else to do your own work is not only a waste of money but also a great risk.
Sit down with your mate and do your own apps. Keep in touch with this forum and you will have most of your questions answered to the best of ability!

meseenger

Hi...I'm a Filipino spouse of a Canadian citizen. He's in Canada right now I'm here in the Manila. That's my point, I'm really worried of the risk we might get into...Thank you so much for your help...I will keep in touch with all of you so I could be helped by you...God bless...I will just print our pictures and label them accordingly. I have a hard time convincing him not to have our forms checked there by lawyers. Actually we have agencies here in the Philippines where we could have our docs checked at least i will be the one to bring the docs so I know they won't be our representatives and our docs won't be in a mess...I even copy pasted all the info I got here so as to be guided properly...I wish he could speak to you so you could advise him...He is in Canada right now, do you have a number so he could phone you?Please help me convince him about this...Thank you so much... God bless... abscott

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
abscott said:
Hi...I'm a Filipino spouse of a Canadian citizen. He's in Canada right now I'm here in the Manila. That's my point, I'm really worried of the risk we might get into...Thank you so much for your help...I will keep in touch with all of you so I could be helped by you...God bless...I will just print our pictures and label them accordingly. I have a hard time convincing him not to have our forms checked there by lawyers. Actually we have agencies here in the Philippines where we could have our docs checked at least i will be the one to bring the docs so I know they won't be our representatives and our docs won't be in a mess...I even copy pasted all the info I got here so as to be guided properly...I wish he could speak to you so you could advise him...He is in Canada right now, do you have a number so he could phone you?Please help me convince him about this...Thank you so much... God bless... abscott
Hi again :) :)

There are many Filipinos in this forum so tell your husband to get in touch here I am sure there would be lots of nice people who would be able to assist you.
i cannot advice you to hire a lawyer but as you say there are agencies in the Philippines where they can assist you for a fee.
I am not in Canada. I live in Greece but i do come to Philippines for business once in a while
Direct all your queries to the main thread of Family Class Sponsorship of this forum. because there are more people reading it
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/

Best regards and wishing you good luck my dear
messenger

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
YAY oh YAYYYYYY
I got my SA

Whow this makes a rhyme!

Email came form a simple address cic.gc.ca at 5:44 pm local Greek time and had a PDF attachment informing me that I successfully qualified as a Sponsor and that Aspa's file has been transferred to Vienna. Sweet! Took 5 days from AOR to SA. A total of 29 days from Apps received. Which makes good for the time lost initially!

Thank you all my friends here for wishing me last week after my AOR. It seems your good thoughts helped me.
I wish to everyone here to have a very speedy process and in few months from now to meet in Canada for coffee!

Have a great day
messenger and spouse

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
messenger said:
YAY oh YAYYYYYY
I got my SA

Whow this makes a rhyme!

Email came form a simple address cic.gc.ca at 5:44 pm local Greek time and had a PDF attachment informing me that I successfully qualified as a Sponsor and that Aspa's file has been transferred to Vienna. Sweet! Took 5 days from AOR to SA. A total of 29 days from Apps received. Which makes good for the time lost initially!

Thank you all my friends here for wishing me last week after my AOR. It seems your good thoughts helped me.
I wish to everyone here to have a very speedy process and in few months from now to meet in Canada for coffee!

Have a great day
messenger and spouse
Congratulations Tom :)
Onto Stage 2

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
messenger said:
YAY oh YAYYYYYY
I got my SA

Whow this makes a rhyme!

Have a great day
messenger and spouse
Wohoooo!! I was waiting for this! I actually was going to write here earlier that you should get your SA soon, as they updated the processing times to their web page.. it said they are now processing apps received 25th. But then I didn't have time to come to the forum before now.. and you have got it already!!
Congrats!! :) :)

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
messenger said:

meseenger
HI there, I want to put my 2 cents in here because I DID hire a lawyer to put our packet together. I did so because our circumstances are complex (I am divorced and have children in the mix to consider). Also, I am now re-married to my wife (we are same sex, my first wedding was to a man). I wanted to be sure I had all my i's dotted and t's crossed. He pointed out a lot of things to me I hadn't considered and also was key to the timing of my second wedding (I didn't know I had to have a letter from an attorney in Canada verify that my divorce was legitimate before getting re-married.)

I just wanted to point out that I don't think it is necessarily a risk, I think it is just a precaution I took to make sure things proceeded promptly and with as little of a headache as we could have. If the OP doesn't feel comfortable doing the packet him/herself and has the money for an attorney I wouldn't discourage it. Peace of mind is HUGE in this process. :)

Just my opinion from the other side of it.

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
messenger said:
YAY oh YAYYYYYY
I got my SA

Whow this makes a rhyme!

Have a great day
messenger and spouse
CONGRATS MESSENGER!!!! WOOOHOOOO :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Buffy2323 said:
HI there, I want to put my 2 cents in here because I DID hire a lawyer to put our packet together. I did so because our circumstances are complex (I am divorced and have children in the mix to consider). Also, I am now re-married to my wife (we are same sex, my first wedding was to a man). I wanted to be sure I had all my i's dotted and t's crossed. He pointed out a lot of things to me I hadn't considered and also was key to the timing of my second wedding (I didn't know I had to have a letter from an attorney in Canada verify that my divorce was legitimate before getting re-married.)

I just wanted to point out that I don't think it is necessarily a risk, I think it is just a precaution I took to make sure things proceeded promptly and with as little of a headache as we could have. If the OP doesn't feel comfortable doing the packet him/herself and has the money for an attorney I wouldn't discourage it. Peace of mind is HUGE in this process. :)

Just my opinion from the other side of it.
Hi Buffy2323

You are most certainly right! I didn't consider that some people have complex apps and hiring some body professional makes sense!
The OP must take in consideration all his alternatives to the best of his interest!

Cheers

messenger

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
Congrats Tom!!!! 8) 8) 8)

lynnbb

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
Doc's Request.
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013(VO)
Med's Done....
23-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
messenger said:
YAY oh YAYYYYYY
I got my SA

Whow this makes a rhyme!

Have a great day
messenger and spouse
Congrats messenger!
And...... I got mine SA several minutes ago too! YAY oh YAYYYYYYYY lol

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
lynnbb said:
Congrats messenger!
And...... I got mine SA several minutes ago too! YAY oh YAYYYYYYYY lol
It's raining SA's!!!!! Congrats to all!!!!!!