WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
TVG said:
How is this possible?!!! I sent in my application on the 15th of February according to Canadapost it was received on Feb. 16th.. and I still haven't gotten any kind of reply!! Not award of approval or UCI number.. I just lost all hope :(
TVG, start calling, now that the day has passed your received they can't give you the same generic answer. Sometimes you have to try multiple times to get an agent willing to help you.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
TVG.....I usually call right at 8:00am and have to re-dial 4 to 5 times and by 8:10 or 8:15 I get a person.....

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
It is nice to "see" you a little more upbeat! =) I think you should celebrate for an ENTIRE day after your long wait!

I'm of European decent. I'm going to have a very "high fever" on Friday and won't be going to work. I think I need a vacation, I haven't had any in 6 months time. :| ROFL...
My sweetheart is so amazing :)

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
GuerricH said:
98 days for us... The waiting is killing me. I just wish they'd confirm they received the application. I keep worrying they've lost it or they returned it and it never arrived, or arrived while we were away and the post office didn't leave a note (has happened once before). If they had returned it, would they have records of the return? Would they even know they returned it? Or would they just say "We have no record of your application" and leave us hanging?
They would say they have no record. Their system is so stone age. :|
I have the same fears you do. It has been what, 140 days for me... :\

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
BCgirl2012 said:
Oh guys, I really feel for you. We just submitted our application last week- it's barely 10 days and I'm so impatient. I can't imagine how you feel after these months, and after not hearing a thing from CIC. Not even an acknowledgement, even after the promised 90 days (which is already too long). I really hope that you receive the approvals soon.

This hard period is gonna be over for all of us. Hang in there!
For me it started when the estimate was only 42 days. It took 104 days to hear a word from them which said: yeah we won't process your application because I don't feel like it, send me some forms so I can think about processing it.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Galip said:
Of course it's totally unfair. CIC is very well known about their double standarts.

They returned all Skilled Workers Applications without looking at them. They cancelled all of them, the reason of this is they are too busy :) It didn't affect only the applicants, it affected many immigration lawyers and consultants. Now they are paying the applicant's fees back to them. They made a big hole on the country's budget.

I wrote this before. Technology is everywhere, but you have to find qualified people to use it. Checking someone's record takes less than a minute. The total average of checking our application files should be less than an hour for the first stage. If you eat Tim Horton's doughnut and drink 5 coffees a day in the office, and chat with your friends during the work hours of course you will say you are too busy and can't finish the applications on time.

CIC needs serious inspection. There are too many unqualified people there.
Hahahahaha! <3

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Fencesitter said:
Thanks, missmini.

I just wished that CIC would make the detailed process fully transparent. There is no excuse for the way they are currently managing things. Obviously, the leader of CIC is incompetent himself, otherwise this wouldn't be happening. And what really annoys me is that I am a Canadian citizen, born and raised...I (we all) deserve better than this!!

I guess deep down I know everything will work out...all I want is to know what the hell they are doing and why everything is so messy and disorganized!!

Honestly, this is what you'd expect in a developing country...not a first world country!! It's so embarrassing! I actually feel shame when I discuss all these things with my wife...I told her that everything in Canada would be a lot more organized...what's that they say about a foot and a mouth?

FS

I feel the same shame, I brag to my wife Canada is better... clearly even it's just as bad and corrupt as the Philippines. I'm very disappointed!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
KJG said:
So just got off the phone with CIC, spoke with a friendly lady named Sonya. Advised they are still working on applications received February 15th :( I told her that some people have received approval letters for applications filed in March and that I was concerned so she tried looking my file up by my receipt #, name and date of birth and advised that it was not in the system and that I should call back in two weeks. Do I need to be worried? Today is 14 weeks or 100 days since they received my application.
100 days is OK. I was at 104 days till they said they won't process my application because they are too picky and wanted me to write a word (NONE) and send it to them signed by my wife.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Now after reading more people from Feb not getting a reply, I'm worried they lost my form among all those applications and the deadline will pass and I'll end up seeing all my app back in my mail. :|

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Thundersoul, I think all of us in February are feeling the same. We all have receipts that the applications were delivered but have the been misplaced, are they in sequence (obviously not since March is getting approval). My biggest worry is a) they lost it and b) my application is incomplete somehow and it will be returned. We are so at their mercy and all we can do is wait and call and be polite and not too pushy but try and get some answers. Never in my life have numbers become so important to me!!!

pinder123

May 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
03-09-2012
AOR Received.
26/06/2012
File Transfer...
26/06/2012
Med's Done....
10-02-2012
Interview........
29-10-2012
Passport Req..
13-07-2012
KJG said:
Thundersoul, I think all of us in February are feeling the same. We all have receipts that the applications were delivered but have the been misplaced, are they in sequence (obviously not since March is getting approval). My biggest worry is a) they lost it and b) my application is incomplete somehow and it will be returned. We are so at their mercy and all we can do is wait and call and be polite and not too pushy but try and get some answers. Never in my life have numbers become so important to me!!!
I totally understand your frustration KJG but i do think that your approval is just on its way...as well all know that Cic-M was busy with tons of application and March got forwarded to CIC-O as all the approval letter from march says approved by ottawa pilot...I hope you get your approval soon....Calling them is not gonna help as it says 90 days for step 1 and if you see closely it says " all the days are calculated in Calendar days":(:(:(:(

I know its not easy to wait, but at the same time we need to understand that there are numerous applications....

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinder123 said:
" all the days are calculated in Calendar days":(:(:(:(
Where did you get this "calendar days" information? I've never seen it before!! and I believe it's wrong! But it could be a very good excuse for CIC.. :) If they see it, they will copy it to their web site right away..

I am glad there is no SARS disease nowadays, otherwise it could be another good excuse for them to reject or not to open our application packages :)

I love CIC people, keep eating doughnuts and drink more coffee..

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
pinder123 said:
I totally understand your frustration KJG but i do think that your approval is just on its way...as well all know that Cic-M was busy with tons of application and March got forwarded to CIC-O as all the approval letter from march says approved by ottawa pilot...I hope you get your approval soon....Calling them is not gonna help as it says 90 days for step 1 and if you see closely it says " all the days are calculated in Calendar days":(:(:(:(

I know its not easy to wait, but at the same time we need to understand that there are numerous applications....
Pinder123 you are right in what you say....however it just seems CIC is so inconsistent....some get e-mails for AOR other get letters....some get approvals by emails some by letters....others get their approvals lost in the mail....one would think a government agency would have protocols to file.....if you provided an email address you get an email for your AOR and approval letter; if no email...snail mail.....and while I am happy for those being processed in March I cannot help but feel bad for us in February we have been waiting for so long....and calendar days are every day including weekends and stat holidays so even now with their update for today the 90 period is over its limit.....but I will be content for another two weeks before I start getting ansy again....at least the update was progressive today and the does help :)

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Galip said:
Where did you get this "calendar days" information? I've never seen it before!! and I believe it's wrong! But it could be a very good excuse for CIC.. :) If they see it, they will copy it to their web site right away..

I am glad there is no SARS disease nowadays, otherwise it could be another good excuse for them to reject or not to open our application packages :)

I love CIC people, keep eating doughnuts and drink more coffee..
It's on the bottom of the page that shows the processing times.

Notes

For sponsorship OUTSIDE of Canada
- For Step 1: If you live inside Canada and it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied, please contact the Call Centre.
- For Step 2: If you have questions about Step 2, you must contact the appropriate visa office. Call Centre agents cannot answer questions about Step 2.

For sponsorship INSIDE of Canada
- If you live inside Canada and it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied, please contact the Call Centre.
- Call Centre agents cannot speed up the process of your application or make decisions on your case.

The processing times are calculated in calendar days.

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 CIC Calendar Day = 1,5 Our Calendar day (including their doughnut, coffee, cigarette breaks and chat with other employees.) :-\

Can't be serious anymore. WTF.!