+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Job NOC question

Hi all.
I am preparing to create my EE profile.I have a few questions regarding my NOC.
I worked as an Advertising Manager from 2008 to 2011. So it has been 5 years since I worked there. It is under NOC 0124 and Skill level 0.
I am currently working as Deputy Registrar at a University since 2012 so that's 2012-2016. It is under NOC 0421 and Skill level 0.
So which NOC should I select and which one is better option for me? Does it make any difference?
Regards.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Hi,

For my wife, all her educational certificates are in her before-marriage name. Would WES evaluation be done in the before marriage name or after marriage name?

In the immigration profile, her after marriage name would go? any issues?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
hitesh0414 said:
Hello,

My wife is going to take IELTS next month. So her score will be valid till june 2018, but her passport is expiring in 2017. Will there be any problem in validating IELTS score with new passport while test was written with old passport?
No, there will not be any issues. I also had a similar case where my IELTS had old passport number but when I submitted Express Entry profile and my application to OINP I got a new passport.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
nikhil.bhatia said:
Thanks for the info. One more question. When we complete our profile and submit it, does it shows us how many points we have scored??
Yes, it will show the total score and the breakup as well.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Re: Job NOC question

zaksam777 said:
Hi all.
I am preparing to create my EE profile.I have a few questions regarding my NOC.
I worked as an Advertising Manager from 2008 to 2011. So it has been 5 years since I worked there. It is under NOC 0124 and Skill level 0.
I am currently working as Deputy Registrar at a University since 2012 so that's 2012-2016. It is under NOC 0421 and Skill level 0.
So which NOC should I select and which one is better option for me? Does it make any difference?
Regards.
You can mention both the experiences under Work History. For primary occupation or NOC, as long as it is under skill type 0, A or B, it does not make a difference. But, please note when mentioning your primary NOC select the one for which you have all the proper documents including reference letter from the employer which has all the required details.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
vaibhav007us said:
Hi,

For my wife, all her educational certificates are in her before-marriage name. Would WES evaluation be done in the before marriage name or after marriage name?

In the immigration profile, her after marriage name would go? any issues?
WES will mention the name as per the educational certificates. You can send your marriage certificate copy along with her or your passport copy to WES to show her name change after marriage (provided you have added her name in your passport or her passport has the new name). In the past for such cases, the ECA Report would have name as per the educational certificates with the changed name in brackets. You can request WES to do the same for you.

re_ionut

Apr 22, 2016
Hi people,
Regarding WES assesment and EE profile, please enlighten me: If I have Canadian equivalency - Masters degree in Economic Science and Bachelors degree in Telecomuncations, what should I choose when completing my EE profile, Master or 'Two or more degree'?.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
re_ionut said:
Hi people,
Regarding WES assesment and EE profile, please enlighten me: If I have Canadian equivalency - Masters degree in Economic Science and Bachelors degree in Telecomuncations, what should I choose when completing my EE profile, Master or 'Two or more degree'?.
Masters

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Hoora said:
Hi,
I have a question about work experience outside of Canada,
When I was phD student in Bacteriology in my country Iran, I was offered an internship program in the USA, on different subject than my thesis, Mycology. It was a full time internship for 12 months, and fully founded by the US university. I asked for one year leave from my university and went to the states to experience working on a new subject. I was working 35 hr per week for 13 months.

Now I just want to know is it considered as a work experience outside of Canada guys?

I would be very appreciated if any one share theotlr thoughts with me!
Regards
Yes, the work experience in question can be used to claim points for FSW provided the experience falls under NOC skill type 0, A or B.

Hoora

Jun 22, 2016
Stanlee said:
Yes, the work experience in question can be used to claim points for FSW provided the experience falls under NOC skill type 0, A or B.
Thank you very much for your helpful answer,
And one other question is that my husband has an 11 month full time (40 hrs a week) work experience in Canada as a researcher, if you look at the total number of hours he worked, it is much higher than what is expected for one year but time period is 11 months.
Do they consider the hours of work or the time period for his case?

Thank you so much!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Advocate Bhatti said:
Hi Guys

Can anybody guide that after eligibility how many chances there for successful express entry and in how many time?
You can create any number of Express Entry profiles, but you can have only one active profile at any point of time. In other words, you can create a new profile in the following cases.
1. Current profile becomes ineligible
2. Current profile expired
3. You are not able to update any information in your existing profile (in this case you need to withdraw your existing profile first and then create a new one).
4. You withdrew your existing profile

jetplane

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does any one have experience of applying for PCC online from New Delhi India?
two questions -
1. If you live abroad and apply for PCC from Delhi - is this ok or should you apply through embassy?
2. Do they come and verify your home address physically? (I live abroad and my parents are currently visiting me in America - so noone will be at home)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Hoora said:
Thank you very much for your helpful answer,
And one other question is that my husband has an 11 month full time (40 hrs a week) work experience in Canada as a researcher, if you look at the total number of hours he worked, it is much higher than what is expected for one year but time period is 11 months.
Do they consider the hours of work or the time period for his case?

Thank you so much!
They consider both hours and months as well. Since it is less than a year, he will not get any points for Canadian work experience.