+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

imgoingtocanada

Jul 5, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
If you are claiming points for a foreign education credential under any program, you will need an ECA unless explicitly stated otherwise by the province.
Hi,

From from the Philippines and my profession is not regulated in Canada. I'm applying for the Manitoba PNP, as far as I know there hasn't been any mention of ECA as a requirement, but I'm worried they might also ask for onesincee it's a requirement in the FSWP. I just want to get it earlier incase I would be needing it in provincial nomination.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willa said:
Hi,

Could someone explain what does job status in the requirements for a letter from the employer mean?
Thanks
It will be either currently employed or employed in the past.

physiohit

Jun 29, 2015
dhavaladesai said:
Hey Guys,

So I am from Ahmedabad Gujarat. I was trying to find out more about how to create an Express Entry profile but the immigration agents would not provide that information. They want to just rip off money from people who really want to go but have less of technical expertise.

So I have created a small article on my website which shows how to create an Express Entry profile from scratch. Can you guys look at the same and provide a feed back what more or less could I add ? This is just the starting of the document. There are a lot of steps to it which I want to add and am working on adding each right now.

Heres the link : dhavaldesai.me/how-to-open-express-entry-profile-with-images

I am not doing this for driving traffic or anything. It pisses me off to see people have made this a commercial business of looting gullible people of there hard earned money. Please let me know if sharing such knowledge is not allowed in this group.

Thanks,
Awaiting for your reply.
That's very helpful. That will be good if you can provide some information after receiving ITA, what documents we should have ready to apply within 5 days... So that we don't have to delay the process.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dhavaladesai said:
Hey Guys,

So I am from Ahmedabad Gujarat. I was trying to find out more about how to create an Express Entry profile but the immigration agents would not provide that information. They want to just rip off money from people who really want to go but have less of technical expertise.

So I have created a small article on my website which shows how to create an Express Entry profile from scratch. Can you guys look at the same and provide a feed back what more or less could I add ? This is just the starting of the document. There are a lot of steps to it which I want to add and am working on adding each right now.

Heres the link : dhavaldesai.me/how-to-open-express-entry-profile-with-images

I am not doing this for driving traffic or anything. It pisses me off to see people have made this a commercial business of looting gullible people of there hard earned money. Please let me know if sharing such knowledge is not allowed in this group.

Thanks,
Awaiting for your reply.

Wow that is very helpful!!!
Going through the sections, it asks if I have sent an application to CIC before..
I have sent my documents for Quebec skilled worker over 2 years ago, before I was married.
I have not updated it and do not want to pursue it further...apparently average processing time is 36 months for UAE...
so can I just say no I have not applied? I want to close my Quebec application completely..(I only sent file and received file number/AOR 2 years ago... no movement since then).

Another question:
My IELTs result will be on 1st August and results coming on 14th August... I want to submit my profile asap on 14th since its a Friday...After finishing my IELTS on 1st August, can I enter dummy results (my 2013 expired results, but with 1st August date... just to fill it) into the initial eligibility part and spend my time properly filling the EE profile (NOT submitting..only entering info) over couple of days....and then only update the real IELTS asap once received and THEN submit? This is only so that I do not have to rush the profile AFTER receiving the IELTS.

Also, I have the issue of country of education vs country degree awarded.. for my spouse...
He has done a distance course from Dubai, from a local branch of an Indian institute, and final degree is from a known uni in UK. The UK transcript has the India branch of the institute mentioned... he also has his Edexcel done the same way..
So it was distance from India (while sitting in Dubai) and final award from UK....
No way I can get PCC from UK or India (he's never been to either places physically)

This is why I need time for EE profile.. Please advise how I would fill that in education field in EE?
In addition to trying to put it into education field (somehow, if possible?), I will also add a letter of explanation.. is that at EE or after ITA.. or both?.. and where do I put it? Does it have to be notarized or marked in any manner, or just typed and signed myself?

Thankyou all..
it really helps to be able to see what the EE profile will look like.. helps to give us time to prepare..

thankyou so much dhavaldesai!!

azchill

Jul 14, 2015
azchill said:
Hi, i want some one to suggest me about the express entry documentation.

I am currently on restoration period but have filled for my work permit as my lmia got approved. I am worried that i have already applied been on implied status and after my implied status ended i got my lmia approved. So currently i have filled for my lmia and paid the restoration fee for workpermit. Can i apply for express entry showing that i have an LMIA or should i wait for my work permit to arrived and then fie for my express entry.

If any one have any information about this can they please help me out.

canpr2015

Jul 14, 2015
How Does the 600 Job points work and how are current draw numbers related

I understand the total points is out of 1200 and 600 points is only if there is a job offer. But is that 600 all or nothing? Mean is there any split-up?

The reason why I am asking this is, anyone with more than 600 points is possible only with job offer. So in the draws above 600, Say 735 in Feb 27th 2015 or 808 in Feb 20 2015, How are the lower cutoff people determined.

They have to have 600 points for job offer. So that means based on their age, qualification and experience then only got 135 points? It does not make sense. Anyone who is able to qualify for the 67 points needed for the initial check should have more than 135 points in the raking system. If anyone can give inputs on this appreciate it.

I am just concerned if there is any different levels or split in the 600 job points also and I don't see that mentioned anyplace.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: How Does the 600 Job points work and how are current draw numbers related

canpr2015 said:
I understand the total points is out of 1200 and 600 points is only if there is a job offer. But is that 600 all or nothing? Mean is there any split-up?

The reason why I am asking this is, anyone with more than 600 points is possible only with job offer. So in the draws above 600, Say 735 in Feb 27th 2015 or 808 in Feb 20 2015, How are the lower cutoff people determined.

They have to have 600 points for job offer. So that means based on their age, qualification and experience then only got 135 points? It does not make sense. Anyone who is able to qualify for the 67 points needed for the initial check should have more than 135 points in the raking system. If anyone can give inputs on this appreciate it.

I am just concerned if there is any different levels or split in the 600 job points also and I don't see that mentioned anyplace.

Unfortunately there is no split - it is all or nothing for the 600 points... with regards to those who got 735 or so, I assume that they may not have done the ECA, if that is possible? Or their age may be above 37-38 if they have done the ECA and IELTS.... I have a feeling that there are very few people who get below 200 points for age, qualifications and english...
So, for those of us who do not have provincial nomination or LMIA jobs, the max is 600 out of 1200... which is why the usual cut off point has been mid to high 400s...

hope this helps..

canpr2015

Jul 14, 2015
Thanks EFK. Yes it makes sense. I was wondering how people that has job offer still has only 135 point for the rest. Probably not having IELTS and higher age etc could be the factor.

jasonrfrazer

Jul 14, 2015
Hello all-

I need help urgently,I submitted my express entry profile with the incorrect NOC and now i received a Profile Ineligible status from CIC,I want to update the form but its not allowing me to do so.

please advice.

thanks

royb

Jul 14, 2015
Hello,
Under express entry for study I have bachelors 4year and Two year post secondary diploma what category i fall under a) or b)?
a) Post-secondary program credential of 3+ years: 120 points
b) Two or more post-secondary program credentials, at least one of which lasting 3+ years: 128 points
Please if anybdy know the ans or help me out

bindas123

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
NB,Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
Can someone answer this please and Thanks.

i was filling the EE profile and i am on post grad work permit and i got into questions,
1.Do you have a valid job offer (yes is my answer)
noc code of your work permit ( i do not have any noc code on my PGWP, do i need to enter my current job noc code here or )

2.whats your primary occupation noc code ( is this my current job noc code or what exactly is this )
under this the next question when were you eligible to work under this noc code from ( is this the time of my joining of this specific job or the time i graduated from university).

3. which province are you interested in ( do i need to select all provinces or just the province i live in now)

Thanks

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
bindas123 said:
Can someone answer this please and Thanks.

i was filling the EE profile and i am on post grad work permit and i got into questions,
1.Do you have a valid job offer (yes is my answer)
noc code of your work permit ( i do not have any noc code on my PGWP, do i need to enter my current job noc code here or )

if you have LMIA, put yes for that.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1009&t=29

2.whats your primary occupation noc code ( is this my current job noc code or what exactly is this )
under this the next question when were you eligible to work under this noc code from ( is this the time of my joining of this specific job or the time i graduated from university).

Its the NOC code of your job which you are planning use for claiming points.

3. which province are you interested in ( do i need to select all provinces or just the province i live in now)

You can select 'All provinces/territories' if you are interested in all of them

Thanks

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Thank you very much! That was helpful.

Couple of questions:

1. I will be getting my post-graduate diploma in a few months - do I have to get an ECA for it as well?

Definitely worth it if you have only a Bachelors degree now. If WES assesses your post-graduate diploma as equivalent to a Canadian PG-diploma, you'll get to score a lot of CRS points under Skills Transferability.

2. Can I create a profile now, and update it later when my wife completes her IELTS next month? Or do you recommend I create a profile after getting my diploma and my wife's IELTS score?

No downside to creating the profile right away but you can wait till you get your post-graduate diploma assessed by WES. Check here ---> <I cannot even quote links yet>

Thanks again!

You are a veritable mine of information. Thank you very much!

I do have a couple of questions for your response to point 1 above: Once I get my PG-Diploma, should I apply under "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees"? And since my Bachelor's degree is a 4 year degree, should I get an ECA done for my PG-Diploma and my Bachelors degree (the rule states "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees: One must be for a program of three or more years")?

Thanks, and all the best!

PS: Your profile name is brilliant! It took me a full minute to understand it :)