+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shashidhar_sm said:
You are a veritable mine of information. Thank you very much!

I do have a couple of questions for your response to point 1 above: Once I get my PG-Diploma, should I apply under "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees"? And since my Bachelor's degree is a 4 year degree, should I get an ECA done for my PG-Diploma and my Bachelors degree (the rule states "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees: One must be for a program of three or more years")?

Yes. Get both assessed and you can claim points under "Two or more..."

Thanks, and all the best!

PS: Your profile name is brilliant! It took me a full minute to understand it :)

Thanks! :)

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
Hi Seniors,
I need your guidance / help i have submitted my express entry profile but its saying im not eligible whereas i am meeting all the requirements of express entry. below is my profile.

I recently submitted my express entry profile and all my criteria do meet but i got the message saying "You are not eligible for Express Entry ". However i don't have a job offer and my Education assessment at the moment. Following are my details :

Age- 32 Years
Education - MBA from Pakistan (2 years) in total 16 years of education
Work experience - 6 year 3 months as a Manager Administration
IELTS- Overall 6.5
Writing: 6
Reading : 6
SPeaking:6.5
Listening :7.5

Can anyone tell me why i am not eligible ?

Hoping for the soon response.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vickyRocks said:
Hi Seniors,
I need your guidance / help i have submitted my express entry profile but its saying im not eligible whereas i am meeting all the requirements of express entry. below is my profile.

I recently submitted my express entry profile and all my criteria do meet but i got the message saying "You are not eligible for Express Entry ". However i don't have a job offer and my Education assessment at the moment. Following are my details :

Age- 32 Years
Education - MBA from Pakistan (2 years) in total 16 years of education
Work experience - 6 year 3 months as a Manager Administration
IELTS- Overall 6.5

Can anyone tell me why i am not eligible ?

Hoping for the soon response.
You'll need a valid ECA before you are eligible for EE.

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Asivad Anac said:
You'll need a valid ECA before you are eligible for EE.
Thanks Asivad,

Can you calculate my points. I am married and have daughter but want to apply as single applicants.

Thanks for your quick reply.

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ECA

I have applied for ECA of the following certificates:

B.A. Honours (Panjab University)
M.A. Public Administration (Panjab University)
PG Diploma in Journalism (Indian Institute of Mass Communication)

Both the institutes are highly reputed and recognised by WES.

What evaluation should I expect?

Will I be able to claim 128 points under "Two or more degrees..."?

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
thanks Asivad for your help..I did my point calculations and my score is 62. Details are:
Age- 32 Years (12 Points)
Education - MBA from Pakistan (2 years) in total 16 years of education (19 Points)
Work experience - 6 year 3 months as a Manager Administration (15 Points)
IELTS- Overall 6.5 (16 points)

i have crossed the score limit of 60 than why i am ineligible as per express entry profile...Please help

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: ECA

IndianJack said:
I have applied for ECA of the following certificates:

B.A. Honours (Panjab University)
M.A. Public Administration (Panjab University)
PG Diploma in Journalism (Indian Institute of Mass Communication)

Both the institutes are highly reputed and recognised by WES.

What evaluation should I expect?

Will I be able to claim 128 points under "Two or more degrees..."?
Likely to get a 4 year Bachelors and a Postgraduate diploma. If that is the case, you will be able to choose "Tow or more...".

Did you try the provisional assessment facility to confirm this? http://www.wes.org/ca/immigrants/preliminary.asp

All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vickyRocks said:
thanks Asivad for your help..I did my point calculations and my score is 62. Details are:
Age- 32 Years (12 Points)
Education - MBA from Pakistan (2 years) in total 16 years of education (19 Points)
Work experience - 6 year 3 months as a Manager Administration (15 Points)
IELTS- Overall 6.5 (16 points)

i have crossed the score limit of 60 than why i am ineligible as per express entry profile...Please help
60 appears to be the Aussie limit on points for immigration. For FSWP, it is 67/100. If you have 62, you are ineligible.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: ECA

Asivad Anac said:
Likely to get a 4 year Bachelors and a Postgraduate diploma. If that is the case, you will be able to choose "Tow or more...".

Did you try the provisional assessment facility to confirm this?

All the best!
I did try this facility but it features the bachelors and masters degrees only. No diplomas in the list there for India.

bindas123

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
NB,Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
Thanks for the response.

have a quick followup question on this.

1. whats your primary occupation noc code ( This my current job noc code)
under this the next question "when were you eligible to work under this noc code from" ( is this the time of my joining of this specific job or the time i graduated from university).

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bindas123 said:
Thanks for the response.

have a quick followup question on this.

1. whats your primary occupation noc code ( This my current job noc code)

Yes

under this the next question "when were you eligible to work under this noc code from" ( is this the time of my joining of this specific job or the time i graduated from university).

Graduation month would do.

brk

Jul 15, 2015
Hi,

1) Do I need to approach any consultancy to apply for Express entry or its same process for individual and consultancy?
2) Is there any difference of applying for Express Entry from India and from USA???
3) if we apply from USA do we have any advantage?

Thanks In Advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brk said:
Hi,

1) Do I need to approach any consultancy to apply for Express entry or its same process for individual and consultancy?

Not really. Depends on how comfortable you are dealing with an online application. Process remains the same whether you do it or someone does it for you.

2) Is there any difference of applying for Express Entry from India and from USA???

No. FBI PCC will be required additionally if you've lived in the US for more than 6 months in a row.

3) if we apply from USA do we have any advantage?

No.

Thanks In Advance

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
Going through the sections, it asks if I have sent an application to CIC before..
I have sent my documents for Quebec skilled worker over 2 years ago, before I was married.
I have not updated it and do not want to pursue it further...apparently average processing time is 36 months for UAE... it never went to CIC itself..
so can I just say no I have not applied? I want to close my Quebec application completely..(I only sent file and received file number/AOR 2 years ago... no movement since then).

Another question:
My IELTs result will be on 1st August and results coming on 14th August... I want to submit my profile asap on 14th since its a Friday...After finishing my IELTS on 1st August, can I enter dummy results (my 2013 expired results, but with 1st August date... just to fill it) into the initial eligibility part and spend my time properly filling the EE profile (NOT submitting..only entering info) over couple of days....and then only update the real IELTS asap once received and THEN submit? This is only so that I do not have to rush the profile AFTER receiving the IELTS.

Also, I have the issue of country of education vs country degree awarded.. for my spouse...
He has done a distance course from Dubai, from a local branch of an Indian institute, and final degree is from a known uni in UK. The UK transcript has the India branch of the institute mentioned... he also has his Edexcel done the same way..
So it was distance from India (while sitting in Dubai) and final award from UK....
No way I can get PCC from UK or India (he's never been to either places physically)

This is why I need time for EE profile.. Please advise how I would fill that in education field in EE?
In addition to trying to put it into education field (somehow, if possible?), I will also add a letter of explanation.. is that at EE or after ITA.. or both?.. and where do I put it? Does it have to be notarized or marked in any manner, or just typed and signed myself?
Anyone?