+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

kool_buddy

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
nithincr1984 said:
Hi Kool_buddy,

If you have work exp in canada (check the hours of work needed), that will add 25 to 50 points to your score.
Also include your cad certification which will give you 25 extra. And based on your IELTS you are in CLB 8 it seems, try to get CLB 9 (L8, S7, R7, W7) you will get additional 28 plus 50 points to your CRS. Way too easy for you mate
I do not have professional work exp in Canada, but I got the diploma question clarified by reading another topic in this same forum and it seems my one year Canadian certificate program counts. I will discuss with my consultant and see if I really need to take IELTS again. Thanks once again.

Good luck to you too!

Casual7

Jul 16, 2015
I am Cambodian and I am currently in the WES process and passing my IELTS exam very soon.

My girlfriend is French and she got the WHV for next year so I hope to get the Express Visa so we can go to Canada together.

We are not married but we are thinking of signing a Partnership contract. Is it going to help my case or it is better to be single when I will apply?
No matter what, the Partnership contract (PACS) does not provide "family gathering".

Thank you for your help,
Lily

priya_kan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Hi,

According to the cic page, the below is mentioned regarding getting PCC from India
"
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.
"
As I understand, I live in Bangalore, so need to apply and get it via the Commissioner office. Only residents of delhi can apply via passport office as well. But, I see in many links and threads that people from Blore also apply via PSK and get PCC for submission to CIC. Is this acceptable? Please help......

Harricane

Jul 16, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have a work experience of close to 10 years and I am not sure if I can get a reference letter from all my previous employees, in such case is the proof of employment and the confirmation/promotion/relieving/termination letters good enough for my CIC Express Entry Application?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harricane said:
Hi Guys,

I have a work experience of close to 10 years and I am not sure if I can get a reference letter from all my previous employees, in such case is the proof of employment and the confirmation/promotion/relieving/termination letters good enough for my CIC Express Entry Application?
You don't need experience reference letters for all your jobs.

You'll need reference letters only for 3 years experience to gain maximum points on CRS. And only for 6 years to gain maximum points on FSW eligibility. If you can successfully get to 67/100 with lesser years of experience, you won't even need reference letters for 6 years.

divyamenon

Jul 16, 2015
Hi all,

Thanks for the detailed information. I am planning to apply for PR asap but have a few questions:

1) I am married and in US but not working as of now. So, can I apply along with my husband or should he apply alone as he would be the primary applicant? And how do the points vary if he applies alone and with me included?

2) If we will be applying together, should both of us write IELTS and get our degrees evaluated? And if yes, should we get all degrees or only the highest degrees evaluated?

3) For WES ECA, do we need to send the latest transcripts with the seal and sign of the VC or is it fine if we send old ones as I have my transcripts with the seal, sign n all but I got them with me in 2013 Oct , please advice.

4)Do we need any attestation for our experience letters from India and USA?

Looking forward for your response at the earliest.

Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
divyamenon said:
Hi all,

Thanks for the detailed information. I am planning to apply for PR asap but have a few questions:

1) I am married and in US but not working as of now. So, can I apply along with my husband or should he apply alone as he would be the primary applicant? And how do the points vary if he applies alone and with me included?

If you're married, the only way spouse can be left out is by terming them as 'not accompanying' in which case only the Principal Applicant would eventually get the PR and not the spouse or dependent children. Not a great idea because then the PA has to apply under family class sponsorship to get their family to Canada - that is a much longer process.

2) If we will be applying together, should both of us write IELTS and get our degrees evaluated? And if yes, should we get all degrees or only the highest degrees evaluated?

It is mandatory for the PA to have a valid IELTS score and ECA done for their foreign educational credentials but not mandatory for the spouse though if the spouse does have these, it can get the PA up to 30 additional points. Read more about CRS before deciding (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp).

3) For WES ECA, do we need to send the latest transcripts with the seal and sign of the VC or is it fine if we send old ones as I have my transcripts with the seal, sign n all but I got them with me in 2013 Oct , please advice.

You can send the older ones if the envelope is un-tampered but do check with WES directly. Of course, the PA has to send the same for all credentials they need assessed by WES. In addition to transcripts, WES would also need a copy of the degree certificate(s) for each credential. http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/

4)Do we need any attestation for our experience letters from India and USA?

Yes. This is critical to your program eligibility and CRS points. You will need reference letters which contain the following information. These will be needed for the PA for every single work experience that they wish to claim points in the CRS and program eligibility. For the spouse, this will be needed only if they have Canadian work experience else not needed.

A reference or experience letter from the employer

should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company);

should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

Looking forward for your response at the earliest.

Thank you

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Is Job Designation/Title matters? or only the Main duties are considered. I am asking this coz my job Designation/Title does not match with my NOC it matches with another NOC but then the Main duties will be different. Can any one please help me.

Also do we need to Notarize all the document before uploading?

Thanks in advance,
RJ

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj1jr said:
Hi all,

Is Job Designation/Title matters? or only the Main duties are considered. I am asking this coz my job Designation/Title does not match with my NOC it matches with another NOC but then the Main duties will be different. Can any one please help me.

Also do we need to Notarize all the document before uploading?

Thanks in advance,
RJ
Only the responsibilities matter not the job title.

Notarization is required only for those documents whose authenticity may be doubted. Official reference letters on company letterhead need not be notarized.

meg123

Jul 16, 2015
Hello All,

Need your help in following questions.

I want to know the chances of my application being successful based on below information.

1. I have IELTS score of 7.0 which I gave in December 2013 (I was looking to apply in CEC, but for various reasons missed it).

2. I have 1 year 2 months work experience in Toronto under NOC 2232 between Aug 2012 to Sep 2013.

3. Can I apply without company ref letter?

4. My total work experience is 7 years in mechanical engg field.

5. I am 29 years old and would be turning 30 in November. Is the points for age depend on time of application?

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meg123 said:
Hello All,

Need your help in following questions.

I want to know the chances of my application being successful based on below information.

1. I have IELTS score of 7.0 which I gave in December 2013 (I was looking to apply in CEC, but for various reasons missed it).

You're eligible but make sure you apply before your IELTS expires in Dec 2015.

2. I have 1 year 2 months work experience in Toronto under NOC 2232 between Aug 2012 to Sep 2013.

You're eligible under CEC with that experience till Aug 2015.

3. Can I apply without company ref letter?

No.

4. My total work experience is 7 years in mechanical engg field.

5. I am 29 years old and would be turning 30 in November. Is the points for year depend on time of application?

CRS score will be automatically deducted on your birthday.

Thanks!

meg123

Jul 16, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

Will I not be able to apply in Express entry? I just realized I left Toronto in mid of Aug 2013. Can I still apply under CEC?

Mandeep.Atwal

Dec 31, 2014
Hello Members,

I have submitted my profile and score is 417, I have only one doubt : "Do we need to mention 10th, 12th marks also?" As I have ECA for B.SC, B.Ed and then MBA. I have 4.7 years of experience and I am still working in the same company.
My IELTS score is R 8.5, L 8.5, W :7 , S: 6.5. Should I try for French?

Please advise.

Thanks!
Mandeep Kaur

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a Bsc from a Nigerian School, and other IT Professional certificates.
I would like to know if i need to have my professional IT Certificates Assessed, Asking because they usually do not come with a detailed course by course grade. Its just pass or fail.

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I'm interested in applying through express entry program. I do have B.Com degree from India and 2 masters degree from USA. My question is:

Do I need ECA for my all degrees before creating a profile for express entry program?

Because I read on CIC website that CIC may ask for additional documents including ECA document for e-application.

Please, provide further information. Thanks.