+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Dear Friends, I am in very frustrating situation and asking for your guidance. My CRS score is 469 (it was 474 till august :(). I have received ITA twice last year but could not submit documents because my wife's FBI pcc request got rejected due to "poor fingerprint" quality. We have tried another time recently and unfortunately the result remained same. It seems her finger has very weak ridges. In the meantime she managed to get Study permit from Canada using the state clearance instead of FBI.
She is in Canada now and recently tried for FBI pcc for 3rd time. However, this time she contacted an Ottawa based company named "Reliability Screening" (http://reliabilityscreening.ca/international/ ) and the company took her digital fingerprint. Within 24 hours she got soft copy her FBI PCC!!!!!!!! They took CAD 200 for the service.
Now my question is how it is possible to get result like this???? My wife is not even American citizen then how can a third party can process so fast? Is it a scam???????????????? Should I use it while submitting the doc with a LOE explaining how I get this or just submit it without saying anything? or do NOT use it at all??????
I am soooo confused! Please help. :'( :'( :'(

Kachra

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hi All,

I have 2 questions regarding my Application.
1. My Open work-permit expired on 27th Sept and I have my application for CEC nominee under process. I did not have to show my proof of funds to meet any requirement since I am CEC applicant. what happens now? do I have to show proof of fund now when I will get my ITA??

2. I have 90 days to apply for restore if I can get my AOR by that time? can I stay in canada during this time? can I apply for visit visa?

Thanks,

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kachra said:
Hi All,

I have 2 questions regarding my Application.
1. My Open work-permit expired on 27th Sept and I have my application for CEC nominee under process. I did not have to show my proof of funds to meet any requirement since I am CEC applicant. what happens now? do I have to show proof of fund now when I will get my ITA??
Nope, CEC applicants are not required to show POF.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sm43226 said:
Hi Raj ,Need help from you ..I have got the skill set letter from my previous employers but they have not specified the salary in that ,will there be any problem ?Also I went through some posts where in writing cover letter was recommended.I want to know your suggestion in this case.Can you please help
Thanks
Salary is required.
If you can't get a reference letter that shows your salary, you need to prove your salary using other documents (pay slips, tax returns, etc.).

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
Hi Istari/Raj/Stanlee,

I'm in a new job for the past 1 month and I'm not sure if my current employer will be willing to provide reference letter for migration at this early stage of my job and I don't want to create any negative impression for him and I'm quite hesitant to ask and confused..in this scenario can I show all the required information that CIC requires with payslips,work contracts and offer letter with job duties,address,manager signature etc on letter head and stamped by company?Is this accepted by CIC?

The reason why I want to claim points for current job is that I can get additional 12 points for 3 years Foreign experience..Please advice..

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pk910 said:
Hi Istari/Raj/Stanlee,

I'm in a new job for the past 1 month and I'm not sure if my current employer will be willing to provide reference letter for migration at this early stage of my job and I don't want to create any negative impression for him and I'm quite hesitant to ask and confused..in this scenario can I show all the required information that CIC requires with payslips,work contracts and offer letter with job duties,address,manager signature etc on letter head and stamped by company?Is this accepted by CIC?

The reason why I want to claim points for current job is that I can get additional 12 points for 3 years Foreign experience..Please advice..
Yes. Other methods are perfectly acceptable, as long as you've provided all the relevant information.

adnan16666

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2016
Nomination.....
09-09-2016 (SINP EE)
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
I am in the post ITA stage and preparing my docs.
hopefully will submit my application by OCT 10, 2016.
I have a query to make here. How can I inform VO about pregnancy of spouse at this stage?
I mean what should I do now? If I need to inform them now, then how?
or should I inform this to them after submitting application?
TIA

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
When we get ITA, Do we have option of accepting or declining it ?
If so, then in case of declining, will we receive another ITA automatically in next draw ?
my crs is 1029, and i m hoping to receive ITA on 7 Oct. But all of sudden I have to travel out of country on emergency basis. And my PCCs (3) are still pending and it will take time.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hb_rashidy said:
When we get ITA, Do we have option of accepting or declining it ?
If so, then in case of declining, will we receive another ITA automatically in next draw ?
my crs is 1029, and i m hoping to receive ITA on 7 Oct. But all of sudden I have to travel out of country on emergency basis. And my PCCs (3) are still pending and it will take time.
There is an option to decline ITA. There is no option to accept; you accept by submitting your eAPR within 60 days.

You will receive ITA in the next draw if your CRS is still above the cutoff. With 1029, you will definitely receive another ITA in the next draw.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adnan16666 said:
I am in the post ITA stage and preparing my docs.
hopefully will submit my application by OCT 10, 2016.
I have a query to make here. How can I inform VO about pregnancy of spouse at this stage?
I mean what should I do now? If I need to inform them now, then how?
or should I inform this to them after submitting application?
TIA
You don't need to inform them until the baby is born.

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
istari said:
There is an option to decline ITA. There is no option to accept; you accept by submitting your eAPR within 60 days.

You will receive ITA in the next draw if your CRS is still above the cutoff. With 1029, you will definitely receive another ITA in the next draw.
thanks

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was looking at the bank website for documents required for opening bank account in Canada, can you help me what these documents are

IMM 1000, IMM 5292-- As I understand from various posts these are the documents handed over at the time of landing IMM 5292 is used these days while IMM 1000 used to be there before year 2002

IMM 1442, IMM 5688-- I couldn't understand what these forms are, kindly suggest how and when they will be received

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
I was looking at the bank website for documents required for opening bank account in Canada, can you help me what these documents are

IMM 1000, IMM 5292-- As I understand from various posts these are the documents handed over at the time of landing IMM 5292 is used these days while IMM 1000 used to be there before year 2002

IMM 1442, IMM 5688-- I couldn't understand what these forms are, kindly suggest how and when they will be received
Did you try google ? Because I just googled "IMM 1442", and the very first result is a CIC page that says:
"Application for a Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document (IMM 5545)

A Verification of Status document will contain information that appeared on your original Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence, Work Permit, Study Permit or other immigration documents. This document can be used when you must provide proof of historical immigration information, such as the date and place of entry to Canada.

You may obtain a VOS document outlining the pertinent historical information for the following:

Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056)
Immigrant Visa and Record of Landing (IMM 1000)/Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
Visitor Record (IMM 1097 or IMM 1442)
Work Permit (IMM 1102 or IMM 1442)
Study Permit (IMM 1208 or IMM 1442)
Exclusion Order (IMM 1214)
Deportation Order (IMM 1215)
Departure Order (IMM 5238)
Permit to Come Into or Remain in Canada (IMM 1263)
Authorization to Return to Canada (IMM 1203)
Protected Persons"

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
Did you try google ? Because I just googled "IMM 1442", and the very first result is a CIC page that says:
"Application for a Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document (IMM 5545)

A Verification of Status document will contain information that appeared on your original Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence, Work Permit, Study Permit or other immigration documents. This document can be used when you must provide proof of historical immigration information, such as the date and place of entry to Canada.

You may obtain a VOS document outlining the pertinent historical information for the following:

Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056)
Immigrant Visa and Record of Landing (IMM 1000)/Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
Visitor Record (IMM 1097 or IMM 1442)
Work Permit (IMM 1102 or IMM 1442)
Study Permit (IMM 1208 or IMM 1442)
Exclusion Order (IMM 1214)
Deportation Order (IMM 1215)
Departure Order (IMM 5238)
Permit to Come Into or Remain in Canada (IMM 1263)
Authorization to Return to Canada (IMM 1203)
Protected Persons"
Yes, I had read that but that page only mentions about the VOS application and one of the document you can ask from CIC through this application in your history is IMM 1442.
So IMM 1442 is only for visitor visa landing records, doesn't apply to us.

Regarding IMM 5688

"Use of the IMM 5688 CoPR will apply only to cases processed through GCMS. Cases initiated in Field Operations Support System (FOSS) or Computer-Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS) will continue to use the current IMM 5292 version of the CoPR"

Are not all cases processed in GCMS these days?

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hello friends,

I raised a CSE on Aug 30 to get my communication details changed, however I haven't got the reply back yet that changes have been applied. Meanwhile, I have got the rprf req and by in progress. Should I raise another CSE?

Regards,
Aditya