+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
er.satnamsinghbhullar said:
What went wrong in his case.. I dont realy get that
Read that post and understand it for yourself. Basically, the VO was not satisfied with the documents he provided to prove his work experience.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi guys,

Over the last last week lots of applicants from June/aug AOR group saw BG check going into progress the second time. Does this indicate a change in process from CIC or PPR is really round the corner, given the fact that applicants having AOR from earlier groups still waiting?

Regards,
Aditya

darpan.aneja

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
Hi guys,

First of all congratulations all the senior members and contributors for this enormous wealth of knowledge created in this forum.

I am taking my first steps towards this immigration journey and have a very quick query on WES assessment.

Background -> I am a B.Com graduate and after that I have done PGDM from IMDR Pune (college). IMDR is an autonomous institute and is NOT affiliated to any university and also it is NOT recognized by UGC list that is on WES website, but the program was approved by AICTE and DTE after I passed out. (I attended from 2007-09 but AICTE and DTE approved this course from 2010 :mad:)

Query -> While entering my PGDM credential in WES application, what should I select in Institute Type as none of the available values (University edu., State Board - technical, State Board - General Nursing, Professional edu., Secondary edu.) match perfectly with it.

Please guide, Thanks in advance.
Darpan

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Father's name in Passport is Khem Chand Khanna, while his name is K.C. Khanna in marksheets. Do I need to get an affidavit for this as well? This is not a name change just initials used? Kindly advise.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
kamy said:
My Father's name in Passport is Khem Chand Khanna, while his name is K.C. Khanna in marksheets. Do I need to get an affidavit for this as well? This is not a name change just initials used? Kindly advise.
It should not be an issue, what is more important is the applicant's and dependents names. At the most you can explain your father's name variations in an LOE, no need for an affidavit.

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
Hi Stanlee
Do LMIA applicants have any upper hand in express entry process
I have an LMIA
AOR 15 JUNE
RPRF 15 SEPT
BG check in process 20 sept

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Hi Stanlee
Do LMIA applicants have any upper hand in express entry process
I have an LMIA
AOR 15 JUNE
RPRF 15 SEPT
BG check in process 20 sept
I wouldn't say they have an upper hand compared to others, all applications will be treated equally. On an average it may take lesser time but again it depends on a case to case basis.

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
Stanlee said:
I wouldn't say they have an upper hand compared to others, all applications will be treated equally. On an average it may take lesser time but again it depends on a case to case basis.
The maximum time u would quote for me to see something good

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
The maximum time u would quote for me to see something good
Buddy, to be frank, I am not sure. But I feel it may take anywhere between 4-6 months for LMIA applicants.

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
Stanlee said:
Buddy, to be frank, I am not sure. But I feel it may take anywhere between 4-6 months for LMIA applicants.
4-6 months in total.. ??? As i have positive lmia... june 15 aor.. rprf 15 sept ... 20 sept bg check in progress

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
4-6 months in total.. ??? As i have positive lmia... june 15 aor.. rprf 15 sept ... 20 sept bg check in progress
Yes, the RPRF request (and even the background check if you are an inland applicant) is not indicative of application processing speed.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
If NDVO have had my passport for over two weeks at this point (after I submitted it in response to a CSE), do you think it is appropriate to email them/raise a CSE for them to follow up on what is going on? Especially since my profile is closed and approved on MyCIC, but VFS are still reporting that NDVO has my passport?

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was looking for photo specifications for PR application and noticed this strange requirement at below page, they are asking for photographer's details as well.
Any comments? Do I need this specification photo for medicals as well? I have medical appointment tomorrow morning.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp

Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos

Am I looking at the right place because I'm applying online?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
kamy said:
I was looking for photo specifications for PR application and noticed this strange requirement at below page, they are asking for photographer's details as well.
Any comments? Do I need this specification photo for medicals as well? I have medical appointment tomorrow morning.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp

Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos

Am I looking at the right place because I'm applying online?
This is for after you get your application approved and your passport request.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
This is for after you get your application approved and your passport request.
Which application approval, you mean at Passport stamping? I have got the ITA and filling the online form and there photos are needed to be uploaded.