+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
rajkamalmohanram said:
Dependent's work experience doesn't count unless it was gained in Canada. Don't mention any of the dependent's work experience in the work history section. Just retain it in the personal history section. This way, you would not have to submit any documentation for it.
Does this also apply to single applicants? That is, we do not have to submit any documentation for work experience in the personal history section?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
UReginahopeful said:
Does this also apply to single applicants? That is, we do not have to submit any documentation for work experience in the personal history section?
Yes. If they are in the personal history section alone, you do not need to submit documents for those.

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
I recently got a new passport, so it doesn't have any visa stamps in it. The e-APR only asks for the bio page of a valid passport, but should I also submit copies of my old passport with all my visa stamps? Would it even allow me to upload two documents in that section? I was going to try it but the website seems to be acting up again and I can't get back to my application).

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to all who have got ITA yesterday. (I was also the lucky one :) )

I have couple of doubts about the Personal History section and Address section:

There is a Personal History section that has different Activity Types that we need to fill in.

I could see that there is another section (Address section for namesake) where we need to update various residences we have lived for the last 10 years or since the 18th birthday, whichever is first. I really doubt that we need to list every residence that was temporary, for example, if I had visited my relatives place for few days or I was on vacation for few days to another town in your home country or I was living at friend's place for couple of days. Do we need to list all those residences also or only those addresses that were used for correspondence?

I am sorry that I can not exactly name the Address section as every time I go back and forth in the application form, I get logged out. The IRCC Online system is really annoying sometimes.

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jammin24 said:
I recently got a new passport, so it doesn't have any visa stamps in it. The e-APR only asks for the bio page of a valid passport, but should I also submit copies of my old passport with all my visa stamps? Would it even allow me to upload two documents in that section? I was going to try it but the website seems to be acting up again and I can't get back to my application).
You should submit old passport pages that have visa stamps. Bcuz the IRCC officer will confirm your travel history from your visa stamps.

You can upload old passport pages + new passport pages as one PDF file.

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
musicnlyrx said:
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to all who have got ITA yesterday. (I was also the lucky one :) )

There is a Personal History section that has different Activity Types that we need to fill in.

I could see that there is another section (Address section for namesake) where we need to update various residences we have lived for the last 10 years or since the 18th birthday, whichever is first. I really doubt that we need to list every residence that was temporary, for example, if I had visited my relatives place for few days or I was on vacation for few days in my home country or I was living at friend's place for couple of days. Do we need to list all those residences also or only those addresses that were used for correspondence?

I am sorry that I can not exactly name the Address section as every time I go back and forth in the application form, I get logged out. The IRCC Online system is really annoying sometimes.
I tried to leave out temporary addresses, (so I had holes in my address history), and it wouldn't accept it. It wouldn't say why but I figured that was why. When I changed it so that there were no gaps, it accepted it. When I knew the temporary addresses, I used them. For the ones I didn't know, I extended the dates I was in my more permanent address in each place to include the dates of my temporary stay. Not sure if this is the right way to do it but I didn't know what else to do.

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jammin24 said:
I tried to leave out temporary addresses, (so I had holes in my address history), and it wouldn't accept it. It wouldn't say why but I figured that was why. When I changed it so that there were no gaps, it accepted it. When I knew the temporary addresses, I used them. For the ones I didn't know, I extended the dates I was in my more permanent address in each place to include the dates of my temporary stay. Not sure if this is the right way to do it but I didn't know what else to do.
Thanks jammin24 for your reply.
But there is no chance I can remember everything about where I was in the last 10 years. There is a high chance that most of us will forget about where we went in 2010.

Can somebody throw more light regarding this issue?
Raj, how you approached this section?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
musicnlyrx said:
Hi Everyone,

I could see that there is another section (Address section for namesake) where we need to update various residences we have lived for the last 10 years or since the 18th birthday, whichever is first. I really doubt that we need to list every residence that was temporary, for example, if I had visited my relatives place for few days or I was on vacation for few days to another town in your home country or I was living at friend's place for couple of days. Do we need to list all those residences also or only those addresses that were used for correspondence?

Just mention the addresses of your primary residence in the past 10 years.

sushsub

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors,

I got promoted in my company an year back and i updated my express entry profile with the new designation. But there is no change in the responsibilities. In that case, do i need to mention both of my designation in my work letter which i haven't done in my express entry profile. Please shed some light on how to handle this best.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sushsub said:
Seniors,

I got promoted in my company an year back and i updated my express entry profile with the new designation. But there is no change in the responsibilities. In that case, do i need to mention both of my designation in my work letter which i haven't done in my express entry profile. Please shed some light on how to handle this best.
You can have your current designation alone. You can explain using a LOE telling them that it was only a designation change and your roles and responsibilities remain the same under both the designations.

sushsub

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can have your current designation alone. You can explain using a LOE telling them that it was only a designation change and your roles and responsibilities remain the same under both the designations.
Thanks Raj. So can we have one LOE altogether for our application or for each section based on our situation?

rainbow00

Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Submitted my file and received AOR on 2nd November. PPR journey begins now.