+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ish_Canada said:
Pls note ** I have also created a separate thread for this information. But just wanted to share on this thread as i have shared all my progress updates here before: PR landing completed last week.
----------------------

we (me and my wife) went for my PR landing at Carway Border, alberta last week and officer put us in waiting room after being aggressive enough and stating that " this is NOT my job to immigrate you guys! Why didnt you take appointment from CIC why are you coming to border like this using a loophole in the system" take a seat and i will see what i can do whether today or tomorrow, I dont know. how much I will need. My job is to protect border, NOT to immigrate people like you who are not Legit travelers."
( What he meant was, we just hit U.S border and comeback and we are not an actual travel who is truly coming from U.S to canada to immigrate.

either ways, he warned us to tell all our friends AND anyone we know " DOnt come to carway border for you PR landing unless you are legal traveler crossing border. Ask people to go to coutts (24hrs) or cic offices for immigration"

So i just wanted to let you know. pls make a note of this.

We finally got the PR formalities done after 1 hour of questioning by the officer on duty.

Please let me know, if anyone of you need any info on this.

Thanks
yes that's true .ill share my co worker landing experience in car way .officer yells at him why didnot book appoinment in service canada Edmonton .he took 45 minute for him even he told if he fine any bad record next flight back home .

sonic1992

Jul 17, 2015
mazamilam said:
I submitted my current account statement for 6 months as well as a letter from the branch manager that states how old my account is and my other investments with the bank. The letter is not necessary. If you have the required funds in your current or savings account, you can show that. No harm in showing if you have any fixed deposits or other investments with a bank.
Hey thanks for the info!

So you would definitely recommend attaching bank statements (transaction history) for past 6 months, even though the document checklist only asks for the letter?

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Anya654 said:
If you received a 2nd AOR then your app was processed at your local NDVO. Since your process was super fast I can bet that you had the NDVO, in addition the address of your VO processing center as written on your PR is New Delhi therefore your passport should be sent there.
Thanks for clearing that up. But before sending passports i have to write a cse informing about wife's pregnancy. Since baby's due in a month so maybe they will extend the time to provide passports.

http404

Aug 31, 2015
Guys I was always following this specific thread to estimate on timelines and find answers to some of the questions faced. Today marks the day when I have completed the PR process, including the tedious wait of about 80 days post landing to get the physical PR card in hand. I would like to share my timelines and case -

Application Eligibility - CEC, FSW
Express Entry Score - 1071 (LMIA holder)
ITA - Jan 31 for FSW
Application Submission - Mar 4
AOR - Mar 4
Payment - Both fees (Application fee + PPR Fee)
First Update on Ecas - Medicals have been received after 30 days
First Update on MYCIC - May 21 (Review of eligibility pass, BG check in progress, Medicals pass) - Got an email for this that the application has been updated
Second Update on MYCIC - May 26 (BG Check complete) with information letter in MYCIC inbox, which was the passport request
Passport sent the next day May 27, received it back on June 8
Landed at Landsdown border/ thousand islands border on June 9
PR Card shipped to Toronto and received on August 31

I am not going to disappear from this forum, but rather stick around and help those who need help. Throughout the process I did not hire an immigration lawyer, but have a very close family friend who runs a reputed immigration firm in Toronto. I consulted with them and their estimates were on the mark for timelines and reasons were logical. God bless us all.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Congratulations http404!

Love the screen name btw

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http404 said:
Guys I was always following this specific thread to estimate on timelines and find answers to some of the questions faced. Today marks the day when I have completed the PR process, including the tedious wait of about 80 days post landing to get the physical PR card in hand. I would like to share my timelines and case -

ITA - Jan 31 for FSW
AOR - Mar 4
First Update on MYCIC - May 21 (Review of eligibility pass, BG check in progress, Medicals pass) - Got an email for this that the application has been updated
Second Update on MYCIC - May 26 (BG Check complete) with information letter in MYCIC inbox, which was the passport request

I am not going to disappear from this forum, but rather stick around and help those who need help. Throughout the process I did not hire an immigration lawyer, but have a very close family friend who runs a reputed immigration firm in Toronto. I consulted with them and their estimates were on the mark for timelines and reasons were logical. God bless us all.
Congratulations!! you can put this baby to rest now and forever :)

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Hi guys

I have just come across the EE statistics and was knocked out by it. It is, so far, only 5% approval. Number of people who received ITA is 12017 and number of people who get PR is 655. I understand that a lot of applications are still in process but still 655 is very low.

What do you think about it?

http404

Aug 31, 2015
Mesad said:
Hi guys

I have just come across the EE statistics and was knocked out by it. It is, so far, only 5% approval. Number of people who received ITA is 12017 and number of people who get PR is 655. I understand that a lot of applications are still in process but still 655 is very low.

What do you think about it?
Where did you get these stats from? They seem to be incredibly low for half a year.

Aug 31, 2015
Hi!! I just joined this forum but I was following it for sometime now. I am inland applicant applying from Montreal/Quebec. I created my EE profile on January 14th and got the ITA on March 27th. I completed my application and uploaded my documents by April 15th.

I knew that EE was not present in Quebec as the province has its own system for skilled workers but I had applied to it because I wanted to move to Toronto. All along I knew at one point during the process that CIC will contact me to ask me about the move since I was living and working in Montreal and I was transparent about that in my application & I mentioned I wanted to move to Mississauga/Toronto as I have family there but I though it would midway through the process or earlier and will give me enough time to react. Anyways, long story short today I got this communication from CIC:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa.
I have almost completed the assessment of your application for permanent residence in the Federal skilled worker Class category.
The Federal skilled worker Class is a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their experience in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the province of Quebec.
Temporary Foreign Workers and foreign graduates who want to stay in Quebec do not qualify under the Federal skilled worker Class. Under the Canada-Quebec Accord on Immigration, Quebec establishes its own immigration requirements and selects immigrants who will adapt well to living in Quebec.
Next steps
Please respond to this email with written evidence that you intend to live in a province other than Quebec in order for me to make a final decision on your application. Your application number must be included in the subject line of your response. I note that you are currently employed and residing in Montreal, Quebec.
You have 7 days from the date of this letter to upload the requested information on your MyCIC account. If you choose not to respond with this information, it may result in the refusal of your application.
Regards,
"

I was wondering if anyone here knows what does CIC mean by "Written Evidence that you intend to live in a province other than Quebec"? Do they want like a signed letter from telling them I am moving there or they want to see that I've been applying to jobs in Toronto or if I already have a job offer and I'm moving? Am a bit confused as what do I need to send them as I'm still in Montreal and I only have a week to reply.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Thanks

http404

Aug 31, 2015
Miumiu said:
Express Entry Mid-year Report pubished by CIC:
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/reports/ee-midyear-2015
Good find, and very surprising figures. Maybe, theyre still trying to clear out the backlog paper applications, which would be adding a lot to the overall pr approved application number

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
With ppr request there is also a form to be filled containing personal info of applicant and dependants like name, ht, etc. should this form be uploaded in mycic application or print out and send along with passport envelopes??

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
http404 said:
Good find, and very surprising figures. Maybe, theyre still trying to clear out the backlog paper applications, which would be adding a lot to the overall pr approved application number
What has been noticed lately is an increase of reports of straight rejection on the forum. For example, situations where they used to give chances to applicants to add missing documents, now become straight rejections. They are becoming more strict. This could also reflect the backlog they are facing.

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
http404 said:

ITA - Jan 31 for FSW
AOR - Mar 4

congrats!! all the best in Canada