+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ex girlfriend, help

almostthere1234

Feb 12, 2015
OhCanadiana said:
Don't go down that path. It will end in bad places.

If you were in a married-like relationship, then they can and you should assume WILL find out. People in here have reported information being found through FB posts, etc. DO NOT LIE.
I don't have any social network (luckily) and neither the items you've sent
I don't really wanna disclose this information
If they ask i could say that she was my housemate, can't I?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:-\

Whatever.

Why are you more concerned about your wife being mad about adding this information (that really is true) to your application?

You lived with your former partner for 5 YEARS!

almostthere1234

Feb 12, 2015
Ponga said:
:-\

Whatever.

Why are you more concerned about your wife being mad about adding this information (that really is true) to your application?

You lived with your former partner for 5 YEARS!
I didn't understand your question

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
almostthere1234 said:
I didn't understand your question
You are obviously more concerned about not upsetting your wife, than being truthful on your application.

While it's not likely that CIC would ever find out about it...what happens if they do?

Why jeopardize your entire PR application on something that is so ridiculous?!

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
No one on here is going to tell you to lie or how to deceive the CIC. The right thing to do is to declare it. Anything else is the wrong thing and there could be severe consequences. It's as simple as that.

almostthere1234

Feb 12, 2015
Ponga said:
You are obviously more concerned about not upsetting your wife, than being truthful on your application.

While it's not likely that CIC would ever find out about it...what happens if they do?

Why jeopardize your entire PR application on something that is so ridiculous?!
Can I be honest? Idk
I'm just trying to discover what to do. My wife has bipolar disorder and almost kill herself when she just ask me her name once.
I'm really scared
That's why I'm asking if cic can discover
What do you really think?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bigredmoose said:
No one on here is going to tell you to lie or how to deceive the CIC. The right thing to do is to declare it. Anything else is the wrong thing and there could be severe consequences. It's as simple as that.
Exactly!

+ 1

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
almostthere1234 said:
omg I cant figure a way for them to discover it
its only be possible by documents or bank accounts right?
Can you absolutely sure that your ex did not declare you as common-law somewhere somehow during your relationship? Like others say, anything is possible so it's best to be 100% honest. Otherwise getting caught for misrepresentation can end in a 5 year ban.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
almostthere1234 said:
Can I be honest? Idk
I'm just trying to discover what to do. My wife has bipolar disorder and almost kill herself when she just ask me her name once.
I'm really scared
Oh man...if just the mere mention of your ex's name is enough for her to contemplate suicide...you might want to talk to someone that can REALLY help you both!

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
Ponga said:
Exactly!

+ 1
Hahahaha I gave you a +1 for the "your wife is the boss" comment!

almostthere1234

Feb 12, 2015
jamali said:
Can you absolutely sure that your ex did not declare you as common-law somewhere somehow during your relationship? Like others say, anything is possible so it's best to be 100% honest. Otherwise getting caught for misrepresentation can end in a 5 year ban.
Yes I'm 100% sure of it
I know you guys are trying to help me
but please, "off forum", tell me your toughts
I'm really scared about what my wife can do. She's visiting the psych nowadays and I don't wanna make a mess on her treatment

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
almostthere1234 said:
Yes I'm 100% sure of it
I know you guys are trying to help me
but please, "off forum", tell me your toughts
I'm really scared about what my wife can do. She's visiting the psych nowadays and I don't wanna make a mess on her treatment
You've asked what you should do and have received an answer from more than 1 person. It's up to you as to what you do. We can't make up your mind for you. You were in a legal common law relationship and CUC has ways of finding things out. So if you don't want to let them know about this and risk getting a 5 year ban then do so. You want an honest answer And you've received them. Why risk not being able to be with your current wife????

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
I think you married the wrong chick, if she is more worried about you declaring the name of your ex on your application then the problems it might cause if this information is left out like the others have stated, you might wanna to take a step back and ask yourself if this is someone you want to be with for the rest of your life let alone sponsor to come to Canada. She sounds crazy as fck.......

almostthere1234

Feb 12, 2015
sammystorm19 said:
You've asked what you should do and have received an answer from more than 1 person. It's up to you as to what you do. We can't make up your mind for you. You were in a legal common law relationship and CUC has ways of finding things out. So if you don't want to let them know about this and risk getting a 5 year ban then do so. You want an honest answer And you've received them. Why risk not being able to be with your current wife????
Yes and I'm thankful for all the answers.
I was just trying to understand how CIC could discover some like that if we'd never had a single bill togheter, not even the rental (her mother used to pay for us and my name was not included).

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
almostthere1234 said:
Can I be honest? Idk
I'm really scared
Hey, take a deep breath. It's not worth jeopardizing your application to appease your wife, but at the same time you don't want to trigger her into an episode. I encourage you both to seek professional help, and to ask their advice on how to approach your wife with the importance of declaring your past on your application.

If you don't declare it and they discover it, you will be guilty of falsifying information and failing to provide accurate information, and they will not hesitate to bin your application. If you're applying Inland, then that's the end of the line - no appeals.

If your wife is struggling right now, her therapist/psychiatrist/mental health professional would be the person to talk to about this. When it would be appropriate to bring it up to her. Or, you could each fill out your own application and she doesn't need to see yours. She knows this is part of your past and it's not a secret. I'm not going to tell her to "get over it" because she is obviously suffering from serious mental health issues, but you really need to speak to a mental health professional about this situation. You need to declare your past on your application, as your partner was common law. However, you don't want to sacrifice your partner's health in the meantime. Wait until she's stable enough, and then apply. Or fill them out independently. Regardless, please seek professional help immediately.

Threatening suicide is not only a cry for help, but it can also be a very terrible and manipulative form of emotional abuse. Are you safe? Please, please, seek a professional counselor or therapist out. You need support, too, friend - not just her. Best of luck.