+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
emamabd said:
its not about the waiting time. the new rule introduces a new citizenship class "2nd class citizens" who don't have the same freedom as those who arrived in canada and became citizens before them.
The second class citizen thing is just made up by people who either have nothing better to do or limited ability to read English . The question has been asked and answered by officials multiple times

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bh_bh said:
Thanks for the reply. I'm still confused. so what's the provision regarding the 183 days presence? The way I understood it, as long as you're present for 183 days each year, after accumulating 4 years, you are eligible to apply. What am I missing here?
To be eligible should be in Canada 1460 days During 6 years with atleast 183 days in each year .

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bh_bh said:
Thanks for the reply. I'm still confused. so what's the provision regarding the 183 days presence? The way I understood it, as long as you're present for 183 days each year, after accumulating 4 years, you are eligible to apply. What am I missing here?
It means you can't add the years you stayed less than 6 months in the country to your total days.

for example:
Year 1: 3 months stay
Year 2: 4 months stay
Year 3: full 1 year stay
Year 4: 8 months stay
Year 5: 3 months stay
Year 6: 2 months stay

Total: 1 year + 8 months only.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
peterperez said:
New Law In Effect I feel so sad it will doom lots of applicants
We all get it, you are sad because of the new law, now can you stop saying the same thing again and again like a pizza pizza TV commercial?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Paco said:
It means you can't add the years you stayed less than 6 months in the country to your total days.

for example:
Year 1: 3 months stay
Year 2: 4 months stay
Year 3: full 1 year stay
Year 4: 8 months stay
Year 5: 3 months stay
Year 6: 2 months stay

Total: 1 year + 8 months only.
That's exactly why the new law raised the requirement for language...

peterperez

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
itsmyid said:
We all get it, you are sad because of the new law, now can you stop saying the same thing again and again like a pizza pizza TV commercial?
Stop being like a famous cop commenting lol u got no authority to bother me

I say that's my say as I am affected I am not bothering u so stop bothering me

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Why do you not agree with cancelling pre-PR days. I happen to agree with cancelling Pre-PR days towards citizenship as you are in fact temporary in Canada. There is no stipulation that having a temporary visa stay means that you are in fact staying in Canada permanently. It is no different from any other countries citizenship qualifications. The first day of qualification towards citizenship starts on your first day as PR.
Because when you study here in Canada or you are working, you are getting adapted to a society in a better / more productive way than a person who just arrives here after PR and has no job and interaction with society (yet atleast).

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
OP_POP said:
All the rules make sense (except not counting the time before PR which is extremely stupid as it already allowed students / workers on work permit adapt to society). I have absolutely no issue following these rules as well. Why do you care? Are you going to join a terrorist group or are you here only for passport?! I don't want to work my a** off and pay tax for people to abuse the system and leave this country after getting passport just for them to come back when they are old and use the free benefits (what hardworking taxpayers paid for).
don't jump into conclusions blindly. i pay tax same as you do.

the rights are not the same and thats it. they should either apply the rules to all or not apply them at all.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
itsmyid said:
The second class citizen thing is just made up by people who either have nothing better to do or limited ability to read English . The question has been asked and answered by officials multiple times
excuse my ignorance i might not have a clear understanding on this, would you mind telling me what the answer was?

or better if you could paste a link to the source...

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
HI Everyone, I don't think There is anything wrong with the new bill. It is to protect those who pay taxes, live in Canada and Contribute to the economy. In my case i have 14 days left to have my 1095 days completed. I am eligible around the 21st of june 2015. Rather than waiting for another year and 3 months , Do you think it is a good idea to apply now and put in a note that i have lived in Canada since 2006. Since i travelled a lot so i had some missing days. Now because of the new law change from 11 June, i am just short of 10 days in having 1095 days completed.

Would that cause a big problem? Is it better to wait for another year and 3 months. I am in no hurry but i believe in trying for any possibilities. Please people with knowledge and serious intent to help reply this message, i am not looking for fun. Its a serious question.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
OP_POP said:
Because when you study here in Canada or you are working, you are getting adapted to a society in a better / more productive way than a person who just arrives here after PR and has no job and interaction with society (yet atleast).
why should they even bring temporary workers in the first place when there are skilled PRs and canadians looking for jobs? that is a defect in its own.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
peterperez said:
Stop being like a famous cop commenting lol u got no authority to bother me

I say that's my say as I am affected I am not bothering u so stop bothering me
Keep whining and all your problems will be solved this way

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
peterperez said:
You too keep whining ur oil got finished buy some oil from taxes we pay and oil ur own machine lol
No idea what you were talking about? What oil? You must be so sad that you start making things up...