+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Application rejected after AOR received: "missing education credential assessment"!!!

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Also did you actually upload your wes report or just say you had it in your profile? Im sceptical of these reports

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I have been put in fst route, said I have a degree, but got no points for it, I don't need an eca right? I have been asked to provide a scan of the degree and that is all. The degree has nothing to do with my work experience in Canada. I'm quite tempted to just go and change my wducation to none.... Thoughts? Cheers

erguan

Jul 11, 2012
This is what I think you should do originally.

Don't choose high school and avoid getting extra points from education. Then you don't need ECA.

if you get any point from non-Canadian education, you will need ECA

Max Continuous said:
I don't recall how many points I had for which on my EE profile, and now it has been deleted, so I don't know if I can retrieve that information somehow. All I know is that I had somewhere around 450-480 for my basic info, and another 600 for my Job/LMIA.

I originally applied under CEC, which has - to my knowledge - no requirement for a ECA. So naturally when I re-applied under EE (again through the CEC) I wasn't aware that I would have to provide an ECA. The way I read the document list that I was given, I was simply to prove that I had the qualifications that I claimed. Which I thought I did by uploading copies of my canadian federally issued licenses (and yes, I realize now that reason and logic have little to do with this process).

Again, to this minute I still don't know if they want my high school ECA (which I have now applied for), or if they want something for my flight training (which may be outright impossible to provide). And apparently, nobody else can tell me for sure either. I have contacted a lawyer. This is getting a lot more expensive than it should have been.

To those asking about ECAS: no idea, sorry. I didn't check that on a regular basis, right now it just says application received.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
erguan said:
This is what I think you should do originally.

Don't choose high school and avoid getting extra points from education. Then you don't need ECA.

if you get any point from non-Canadian education, you will need ECA
If you are applying under FSW with non Canadian education ECA is mandatory. Doesn't matter what your EE profile score is, you need to meet the requirements of the program under which you are applying.

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to clear up some confusion iv been having amongst others, the FST states Education
There is no education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program. But, if you want to earn points for your education under Express Entry, you either need:

a Canadian post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree
OR

a completed foreign credential, and
an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC. [The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree.]
Note: You will only benefit from getting an ECA if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian high school diploma or greater.

The FSW states

Education

You must have:

a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree,
OR

a completed foreign credential, and
an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC. [The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree.]

SO fsw needs an ECA regardless, and fst does not, unless you are claiming points.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
You want to have a better idea of where the problem lies so have you thought of ordering the GCMS notes made by the VO on your file? It takes a month.
These are from a couple of previous posts:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf (first pages have instructions on them).

If you need gcms notes belonging to someone else AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
(note, even if you want the notes for your spouse/parents etc, you should use the above link. It is not necessary for the person to live in Canada. But the person applying for gcms notes - in this case, you - must reside in Canada)

If you need gcms notes belonging to you AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

In both cases, you need to reside in Canada to make an application. There are 2 versions of information you can request (a) Electronic File and (b) Physical File. In most cases, the electronic version should meet your requirements. Asking for electronic version does not affect your processing times. Whereas, asking for a physical file, would mean that Ottawa would have to ask for the actual file to be sent to them and hence this would delay the processing time of your application.

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
Hello house,
Has anybody ever got a refund for a rejected application and what was the time interval like?
Ji JI

sandy18

Mar 8, 2014
HI, I truely understand your frustation, Could you please help us understand the processes so as to advise you if at all if someone have an idea or thaught to deal with the situation, Meanwhile. did you go thru the entire processes such as AOR- Medicals-RPRF- decision made or else your application has been reverted at Elgibiity criteria stage only !

Thanks,
Sandy

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JI JI IRAWO said:
Hello house,
Has anybody ever got a refund for a rejected application and what was the time interval like?
Ji JI
got a refund this morning. My application was rejected due to missing original PCC (uploaded only the translation), CIC made the payment on June 9th.

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
colorblind said:
got a refund this morning. My application was rejected due to missing original PCC (uploaded only the translation), CIC made the payment on June 9th.
@ colorblind,
1. The refund was after how many weeks?
2. what if a new EE profile is created and b4 another ITA your old EE profile is restored? how do you reconcile that?
JiJi

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
Ibyt said:
Hi JiJi,

was your application rejected? and Why?
Rejected because my wife studied distance education from Commonwealth of dominica University but had her campus in Lagos Nigeria. So the case officer is insisting on PCC. I have CSE to them on 09.06.2015. I Hope it is reversed as i am a PNP Nominee.
jiji

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So sorry to hear this,

since you have sent a case specific inquiry, i believe it will be sorted.

poohta

Feb 5, 2015
Hi,

I am CEC April applicant and filed all required ducuments on Apr 29th.
I received ITA withougt education points. I was not sure I could receive WES report before I got ITA, so I did not claim any points. I have received WES report 2 days before I submitted applications. At the time I submitted the application I entered WES No and I had to upload education documents even I did not claim the points. Wha I uploaded for education was only wes report and did not attach the original diploma. I missed to upload the diploma or certificate.
Do you think this is gonna be a problem? Do I have to upload the document even I did not claim the point?
CIC had requested to submit Celp report once, I already submitted. I was not asked to upload the original diploma.
I am so scared to get rejected.

ITA received - Apr. 10
App submitted - Apr. 29
AOR received - Apr. 30
Medical passed - May 14
Celp requested - May 14
uploasded - May 15
BC in process - May 20

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
poohta said:
Hi,

I am CEC April applicant and filed all required ducuments on Apr 29th.
I received ITA withougt education points. I was not sure I could receive WES report before I got ITA, so I did not claim any points. I have received WES report 2 days before I submitted applications. At the time I submitted the application I entered WES No and I had to upload education documents even I did not claim the points. Wha I uploaded for education was only wes report and did not attach the original diploma. I missed to upload the diploma or certificate.
Do you think this is gonna be a problem? Do I have to upload the document even I did not claim the point?
CIC had requested to submit Celp report once, I already submitted. I was not asked to upload the original diploma.
I am so scared to get rejected.

ITA received - Apr. 10
App submitted - Apr. 29
AOR received - Apr. 30
Medical passed - May 14
Celp requested - May 14
uploasded - May 15
BC in process - May 20
If they didn't ask for the original diploma in your document list you should be okay. I claimed points and put in my WES and my document list asked for my original diploma. Double check your points to make sure you aren't getting the points and if you aren't you should be fine. If you are that worried you can always make a case specific request and attach your a scan of your original diploma just to be safe. However, if you aren't getting points for it and they didn't ask you to up load your diploma, you are probably fine.