+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Application rejected after AOR received: "missing education credential assessment"!!!

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Max Continuous said:
Well that's great...

Under my NOC 2271 it says:

"Pilots and flight engineers
Completion of secondary school and graduation from a certified flying or aviation school are required."

Is that it maybe? Do they want an ECA for my high school because of this?

I mean I couldn't have gotten a pilots license in the first place if I didn't have the high school diploma, let alone been working in this job for the past 9 years, but who knows?
The point is, when you create your profile and put in your high school information. there was a question like "Do you have a ECA report" (Or was it not the case when you create the profile?). For this question, did you put YES or NO. If you put NO, I think it's CIC's fault, otherwise, you need to put in the ECA report No. I don't think you can forget that...

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Max Continuous said:
Under my NOC 2271 it says:

"Pilots and flight engineers
Completion of secondary school and graduation from a certified flying or aviation school are required."
Re bold: this is what they want. You need an ECA for your flying school certification.

Yes, I realise it's counter-intuitive, because you wouldn't have a Canadian licence if this hadn't already been evaluated to get your CDN licence :(. But it wasn't evaluated for *immigration* purposes :(.

Your licence allows you to exercise your regulated profession. It's not a proof of your qualifications.

Max Continuous

Nov 24, 2014
Your licence allows you to exercise your regulated profession. It's not a proof of your qualifications.
But that is what it says right here on the license. It is absolutely proof of my qualifications, that is the whole point of the document... it lists all my qualifications, it's a booklet with dozens of pages. Most flight schools will not even issue you a graduation certificate, and there most certainly isn't any official document that exists. At best you get a little letter that says "congratulations, you have successfully completed...." so you got something to put up in a frame in the bathroom or whatever.

I have contacted WES and asked if they can assess a pilots license, which is utterly ridiculous. It's like asking an accounting firm to inspect a car or something. But I am aware that we have long since left the path of reason in this whole process.

So in this thread here even, there are different opinions as to what went wrong here and what was really missing or needed. And I can't get any information from CIC either, because there phone system is constantly so backed up that you can't even get on hold. Do I need to hire a lawyer? Could that possibly help?

Has anyone else here immigrated with a similar licensing background or document that wasn't issued by a formal school or university?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Max Continuous said:
But that is what it says right here on the license. It is absolutely proof of my qualifications, that is the whole point of the document... it lists all my qualifications, it's a booklet with dozens of pages. Most flight schools will not even issue you a graduation certificate, and there most certainly isn't any official document that exists. At best you get a little letter that says "congratulations, you have successfully completed...." so you got something to put up in a frame in the bathroom or whatever.

I have contacted WES and asked if they can assess a pilots license, which is utterly ridiculous. It's like asking an accounting firm to inspect a car or something. But I am aware that we have long since left the path of reason in this whole process.

So in this thread here even, there are different opinions as to what went wrong here and what was really missing or needed. And I can't get any information from CIC either, because there phone system is constantly so backed up that you can't even get on hold. Do I need to hire a lawyer? Could that possibly help?

Has anyone else here immigrated with a similar licensing background or document that wasn't issued by a formal school or university?
2 things: you should be asking WES for an evaluation of your flight school *training*, not your licence, and while I completely understand what you are saying about your qualifications being listed on your licence, that only applies to the eligibility for the licence (assessed and issued by transport Canada, right?), not necessarily to immigration.

Immigration is a completely different kettle of fish, and the requirements are not necessarily logically related to requirements and processes of other government entities! :(

I totally agree with you that it's circular logic which makes no sense, but when immigration says "jump", the response is "how high".

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear this ....

What is your ECAS overall status

Individual lines once you click the over all status..

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Max Continuous said:
So I would have been one of the first people to apply under the new EE system earlier this year. I'm a skilled worker with more than 12 months work in the country (helicopter pilot), I used to have a work permit through an LMIA and I am employed full time by a qualified employer.

All this gave me a bit over 1000 points so I was invited. I received my AOR within days of submitting the application, this was in February.
I submitted all the required documents that I was asked for. My proof of training/qualification are my various pilots licenses including my current Canadian one, and I added a letter of explanation, explaining this.

Today I got the dreaded message in my account:

"Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Proof of education
You did not provide an Education Credential Assessment."

No further explanation, EE profile cancelled, fees refunded, goodbye please try again.

My questions:

1) What do I do now? I have until January 2016 on my open WP. Obviously I need to apply again, but my points will have changed because I no longer have an LMIA, since I have an open WP instead.

2) Can anyone guess what sort of ECA they want? Do I need to go back to the flight school that originally issued my license 10 years ago in the US and ask them to print me off a letter of graduation or something? This is rather unusual in my profession, when you finish your training you simply get a license. There is no diploma, in the same way that you don't get a diploma when you do your drivers license..

3) WHY WHY WHY did they reject everything and make me start from square one? WHY wouldn't they simply sent me an email asking for the supposedly missing document, or an explanation?

I first tried applying for PR last year under the old system and missed the cap by 48 hours. I am at this point getting extremely irritated with CIC.

Edit: Oh god, how long are police certificates valid for these days? 6 months or a year? Because I had to submit them from three overseas countries, and the process of getting them and getting them translated took... a little while. And cost a lot of money.
I think I found your problem: You needed to have your secondary school education, if it was outside Canada, evaluated. In order to qualify for FSW, you must have a secondary school (or higher) diploma. From CIC website:

Education

You must have:

a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree, or
an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC to show your foreign education is equal to Canadian education standards.

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
scan reading I thought the issue was that he thought providing his flight training/qualification was enough, because to get that he'd need a highschool diploma - so it was implied that he has a H.S. dipl

Unfortunately logic doesnt come in to this application - whatever CIC asks for, you provide. And if that means a stupid bit of paper which shows you finished school, then so be it

The only thing I can say about my experience of applying under EE - is make no assumptions

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lotusEsp said:
scan reading I thought the issue was that he thought providing his flight training/qualification was enough, because to get that he'd need a highschool diploma - so it was implied that he has a H.S. dipl

Unfortunately logic doesnt come in to this application - whatever CIC asks for, you provide. And if that means a stupid bit of paper which shows you finished school, then so be it

The only thing I can say about my experience of applying under EE - is make no assumptions
I agree with that, I'm working in Canada under NOC 2171 (IT consultant) which requires university degree.
When my company applied for my work permit, I was never asked to do the ECA for my degree.
Now that I applied under EE, I did the ECA although it seems ridiculous, since I'm working in Canada in a job that requires university degree.(ie why would they have given me the work permit if I didn't have the necessary qualification).

Other example - proof of funds requirement under FSW for people who are employed in Canada under LMIA exempt jobs.
You would think the proof that you have a salary is enough for CIC but again, forget logic when you deal with them, and just play by their stupid rules. You won't hear of them after getting your PR and that's the good news.

ApplicantApril2015

Apr 24, 2015
Before you application got declined,

1. did your status in CIC change? that is your medical exam, or background check ... etc?
2. did you eCAS change in progress to received?

It would be helpful to us applicants to know what point where chances to decline our application is minimal? if anyone can add comment to this it would be helpful.

So far the changes in CIC status is:
Review in progress
Passed the medical
Background check not started

eCAS changed from in progress to received

Thank you all

Sam05mar2013

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
YYC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just recruit lawyer and fight with them, you will win

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Max Continuous said:
So I would have been one of the first people to apply under the new EE system earlier this year. I'm a skilled worker with more than 12 months work in the country (helicopter pilot), I used to have a work permit through an LMIA and I am employed full time by a qualified employer.

All this gave me a bit over 1000 points so I was invited. I received my AOR within days of submitting the application, this was in February.
I submitted all the required documents that I was asked for. My proof of training/qualification are my various pilots licenses including my current Canadian one, and I added a letter of explanation, explaining this.

Today I got the dreaded message in my account:

"Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Proof of education
You did not provide an Education Credential Assessment."

No further explanation, EE profile cancelled, fees refunded, goodbye please try again.

My questions:

1) What do I do now? I have until January 2016 on my open WP. Obviously I need to apply again, but my points will have changed because I no longer have an LMIA, since I have an open WP instead.

2) Can anyone guess what sort of ECA they want? Do I need to go back to the flight school that originally issued my license 10 years ago in the US and ask them to print me off a letter of graduation or something? This is rather unusual in my profession, when you finish your training you simply get a license. There is no diploma, in the same way that you don't get a diploma when you do your drivers license..

3) WHY WHY WHY did they reject everything and make me start from square one? WHY wouldn't they simply sent me an email asking for the supposedly missing document, or an explanation?

I first tried applying for PR last year under the old system and missed the cap by 48 hours. I am at this point getting extremely irritated with CIC.

Edit: Oh god, how long are police certificates valid for these days? 6 months or a year? Because I had to submit them from three overseas countries, and the process of getting them and getting them translated took... a little while. And cost a lot of money.
Did u get any points for ur education in express entry profile?? How many??

Max Continuous

Nov 24, 2014
I don't recall how many points I had for which on my EE profile, and now it has been deleted, so I don't know if I can retrieve that information somehow. All I know is that I had somewhere around 450-480 for my basic info, and another 600 for my Job/LMIA.

I originally applied under CEC, which has - to my knowledge - no requirement for a ECA. So naturally when I re-applied under EE (again through the CEC) I wasn't aware that I would have to provide an ECA. The way I read the document list that I was given, I was simply to prove that I had the qualifications that I claimed. Which I thought I did by uploading copies of my canadian federally issued licenses (and yes, I realize now that reason and logic have little to do with this process).

Again, to this minute I still don't know if they want my high school ECA (which I have now applied for), or if they want something for my flight training (which may be outright impossible to provide). And apparently, nobody else can tell me for sure either. I have contacted a lawyer. This is getting a lot more expensive than it should have been.

To those asking about ECAS: no idea, sorry. I didn't check that on a regular basis, right now it just says application received.

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Max Continuous said:
I don't recall how many points I had for which on my EE profile, and now it has been deleted, so I don't know if I can retrieve that information somehow. All I know is that I had somewhere around 450-480 for my basic info, and another 600 for my Job/LMIA.

I originally applied under CEC, which has - to my knowledge - no requirement for a ECA. So naturally when I re-applied under EE (again through the CEC) I wasn't aware that I would have to provide an ECA. The way I read the document list that I was given, I was simply to prove that I had the qualifications that I claimed. Which I thought I did by uploading copies of my canadian federally issued licenses (and yes, I realize now that reason and logic have little to do with this process).

Again, to this minute I still don't know if they want my high school ECA (which I have now applied for), or if they want something for my flight training (which may be outright impossible to provide). And apparently, nobody else can tell me for sure either. I have contacted a lawyer. This is getting a lot more expensive than it should have been.

To those asking about ECAS: no idea, sorry. I didn't check that on a regular basis, right now it just says application received.
Click on the "Application Received". What does it say about medicals? This will give further insight.

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
If you are so hell sure that WES isn't qualified enough to understand/evaluate your license, is it fair to assume that CIC is qualified to (or CIC should) understand/evaluate it?

CIC already transferred this responsibility to candidates/WES because they do not want to be evaluating education credentials.

albertarian

Apr 22, 2015
I also received the cancellation message for no ECA on April 24.

I had already uploaded IELT and ECA in letter of explanation(Feb 14). When I uploaded my documents I checked more than 5 times.

Since I sbmitted all documents on Feb 14 and submitted medical result on Feb 11, my process has never changed.

And then CIC sent cancellation message on April 24.

But I can still now see the file name which I uploaded ECA in my CIC.

But CIC cancelled my application because there was not proof of education. damn it.

Why didn't CIC request a additional document?
When I created my appliction before ITA, I had entered WES#, issue date.

By the way, cancel?

This is my time line until April 23.

CEC
MY CIC
ITA: Jan 31
medical submit: Feb 11
AOR: Feb 14
Eligibility: in process(Feb 14)
Background:in process(Feb 14)
medical: not received

ECAS

just one line

We received your application on Jan 8

Therefore, I am sure that CIC didn't review my eligibility and background on Feb 14.

I have never thought the canncellation.

I have no energy any more.

Somebody also can experience like me.

April 27, I cannot find my status in my ECAS .

I already applied for specific inquire. But I have no idea.

I wish you don't receive the message.

I just wrote to share my situation.

good luck guys!