+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Applicants Outside Canada Please Network Here

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Anya654 said:
BTW there's a WhatsApp group I joined whereby someone from outside Canada, specifically India just got his PPR today. His application date was May 08 and his MyCic status still remains the same.

Thats almost same as mine. I submitted 27th April and PPR 01 June. He possibly had an effective agent on his case or how else does one explain that :-X :-X

Lets hope it goes same way for other applicants.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Righteous said:
Thats almost same as mine. I submitted 27th April and PPR 01 June. He possibly had an effective agent on his case or how else does one explain that :-X :-X

Lets hope it goes same way for other applicants.
I'm guessing that the biggest difference between applicants who are processed at variable speeds is their number of years of experience. Because that possibly means multiple work related BG checks required, multiple travel documents & PCCs to be checked and spouse/dependent checks as well, where applicable. That seems to be the only rational explanation of why I'm stuck with no updates for 6 weeks now while someone submitting 2 weeks after me gets a PPR! :(

Unfortunately, it appears the older you are the longer you wait under EE.

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
I'm guessing that the biggest difference between applicants who are processed at variable speeds is their number of years of experience. Because that possibly means multiple work related BG checks required, multiple travel documents & PCCs to be checked and spouse/dependent checks as well, where applicable. That seems to be the only rational explanation of why I'm stuck with no updates for 6 weeks now while someone submitting 2 weeks after me gets a PPR! :(

Unfortunately, it appears the older you are the longer you wait under EE.
Thats another very likely possibility. I have about 4-5 years working experience in Nigeria and London, got PCC from both countries.

My BG is still in progress and I am still waiting for my paspport anyway. BG started same day as my PPR so I guess that could account for delay.

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

It is now obvious that applications outside Canada are either treated at the Local VO or in Ottawa.

I think the Local VO guys are luckier as theirs is faster. - Righteous, uozer, the Jamaican lady and someone from India.

For those been treated through Ottawa, it's a longer wait. I am beginning to think there might be a trend for us. Maybe they are using 'Medical Passed' date as opposed to AOR date to do FIFO. I might be wrong tho.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone received the elusive 2nd AOR?

I submitted on 20th April and got eAPR almost immediately but not a sign yet of the 2nd AOR. I know CIC has been pretty erratic about issuing this document and people have received PPRs without ever getting the 2nd AOR. Just curious about any of us outlanders having got one...

Elena101

Apr 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted the application on April 16th and received 2nd AOR on May 26th.
My Background check is still Not Started, ECAS - 3 lines, status - Application Received.
My local visa office is probably Warsaw. FSW, ITA March 27th
No updates since May 26th.

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Has anyone received the elusive 2nd AOR?

I submitted on 20th April and got eAPR almost immediately but not a sign yet of the 2nd AOR. I know CIC has been pretty erratic about issuing this document and people have received PPRs without ever getting the 2nd AOR. Just curious about any of us outlanders having got one...
hey Asivad,

I got the second AOR (BOWP) 10 days before PPR. It could have been shorter if CIC didn't request additional docs from me.

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Hopefulguy said:
Hey guys,

It is now obvious that applications outside Canada are either treated at the Local VO or in Ottawa.

I think the Local VO guys are luckier as theirs is faster. - Righteous, uozer, the Jamaican lady and someone from India.

For those been treated through Ottawa, it's a longer wait. I am beginning to think there might be a trend for us. Maybe they are using 'Medical Passed' date as opposed to AOR date to do FIFO. I might be wrong tho.
I might have a different opinion - The general application processes such as completeness check, payment request and PPR are treated at the general CIC(Ottawa) and the once you get the PPR you would be requested to send to local VO nearest to your location.

I think thats the way it works. ;)

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Righteous said:
I might have a different opinion - The general application processes such as completeness check, payment request and PPR are treated at the general CIC(Ottawa) and the once you get the PPR you would be requested to send to local VO nearest to your location.

I think thats the way it works. ;)
I have seen 2 or 3 guys whose passports were requested to be sent to Ottawa and they applied from outside Canada.

When i called CIC, the agent informed me that some are sent to the local VO for issuance after Ottawa does preliminary stuff while others are processed from beginning to end at Ottawa.

He however didnt know the reason for the differences.

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Hopefulguy said:
I have seen 2 or 3 guys whose passports were requested to be sent to Ottawa and they applied from outside Canada.

When i called CIC, the agent informed me that some are sent to the local VO for issuance after Ottawa does preliminary stuff while others are processed from beginning to end at Ottawa.

He however didnt know the reason for the differences.
Ah I see now, that may account for what happened in the case of persons who have received PPR.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Thursday updates for anyone yet?
Still waiting. I haven't even gotten that phantom update email since my medical changed to passed. Have you received those emails?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Still waiting. I haven't even gotten that phantom update email since my medical changed to passed. Have you received those emails?
No. Haven't seen those since my last MyCIC update. Was a little worried about that but glad to know that I'm not the only one! :)

variazioni

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys my background check is In Progress just now!!! I will update my timeline soon!! ;D

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
variazioni said:
guys my background check is In Progress just now!!! I will update my timeline soon!! ;D
good to see progress on your application. Do you know how long it takes for BG to be completed???