art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
What's wrong with the tone? BTW, every building management companies have different policies. Some accept personal cheques and some doesn't. I prefer bank transfer, though.

Drafts n bank transfers r entirely different,draft can b taken back n redeposited in account unlike bank transfer.my bldg management r any intelligent management wont accept bank transfer for booking lift n would prefer bank draft,which is hassle free.no one will prefer to take pain of transfering money back rather prefer to return piece of paper.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
art2012 said:
Drafts n bank transfers r entirely different,draft can b taken back n redeposited in account unlike bank transfer.my bldg management r any intelligent management wont accept bank transfer for booking lift n would prefer bank draft,which is hassle free.no one will prefer to take pain of transfering money back rather prefer to return piece of paper.
I did not say bank transfer and bank draft were not same. Now I am saying that some management companies requires its residents to pay a deposit in bank draft for booking lift and some doesn't.

androme said:
Okay, so students and married couples and people who wants to join their already immigrated family can be categorized into social catoegory. Try to give one word to all that you have written and with a little bit of common sense you will and should conclude that all that you have written can be given just one word "Social". Yes education and marriage is a social issue steaky.
I did not say if education and marriage is not or is a social issue. I said social, economic and political are not necessary the problem in their home country. Use your common sense androme.

Olando

Aug 24, 2012
I can entirely identify with that employment video Scorpion. I remember picking up an employment paper and seeing jobs offering $30 p/h for security guards at Pearson Airport. But when I investigated things further I found that the company have been heavily criticised for false promises. Simply put, all the company was offering, was training in how to pass interviews, constructing a resume and a few hours of practical skills. So the advertised jobs never actually existed. In fact, the entire content of the Employment News was simply based around training in order to gain employment.

Canadian companies realise that newly arrived immigrants are desperate and an entire industry surrounding "gaining employment/Canadian employment skills" has emerged. People need to realise that there are not thousands of vacancies waiting to be filled. The market is quite simple, as new people arrive (in there 1,000's) a whole range of services are need to accommodate them, and this is what generally drives job creation. Unfortunately for most new immigrants, Canada as an active policy of employing Canadian citizens first, then permanent residents. So until you gain citizenship, you will generally languish at the bottom of the pile unless you have a unique set of job skills.

This is not a criticism of Canada, just simply a statement of fact. I have decided not to go through with immigration as my current circumstances are far better here in London (UK) as opposed uprooting my family to go and work in a low paid job. In fact, the job that I wished to go into (Correctional Services) has had a recruitment freeze on since Oct 2010. So it would not have boded well for me. I applied to be a Paramedic (as a secondary option) and took the test which was multiple choice which was straight forward because if you know the answer before you look at the options then it was quite easy. Although I did not get an official score I was quite cetain that I got 100% maths, 95+% Chemistry, 95+% Biology and 80% English (I have a BSc and an MSc in sports science). Well, I didn't get into Humber College to study Paramedicine. When I checked online to see whether I had been accepted or not, the online data implied that I had not taken the test so was unable to process details. That alone made me realise that although Canada is a beautiful country, they look after their own first and it's not a level playing field out there.

androme

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-10-2012
art2012 said:
androme said:
art2012 said:
""""You must be kidding. I have heard Chinese farmers give hormones and antibiotics to milk cows. Haven't you heard the milk formula contamination in China few years ago?

Also, some banks in Canada does offer no monthly charges in their savings account products. You really need to do your research before you post anything."""""""""
[/quote by steaky)

Art, I agree Chineese farmers do use all those things that you have mentioned and more. Howwever they started doing that after the western cos started giving them those products on a tiral basis and then getting them hooked to it. Otherwise there is no way that a chineese farmer can have access to these hormones etc as its very tightly controlled by the western industries. Also pray tell me which bank provides free savings account without any req of a deposit. Also its the chequing account that I need and the least expensive one is around $5 with 10-12 transactions a month after which I am charged around $0.60 per transactions. Also if I use the ATM of any other banks I will be charged $2 by my bank and $1.50 by the other. These are not conducive to start a new living in a foreign land esp when its advertised and marketed as a paradise.

You should realy research on the facilties that some of the developing nations have compared to the system in Canada. Unfortuantely, China has completely transformed itself in pursuit of making money. Even now if you go to the interiors of China, its all about saving more and spending less as compared to a western society where they keep spending in pursuit of shallow happiness. The current situation of China is truly pathetic as it has become a money making machine for the western countries. They use the common CHineese labor for cheap and bring the ouyslourced product to North America and Europe and sell it for 300 to 500% of the initial cost of making the product. Its truly Xmas time for the western cos. The Chineese are completely controlled by their govt which the western media touts as being communist while supporting the same govt in suppresing the people and manipulating them. Infact it was Henry Kissinger in July 1971 who visited China and later became ann advisor to Mao and laid the foundation of what we see as todays China. I can assure you, in our life time we will see a huge revolution in China led by the people becoz of the stiffling policy of the govt and coz of the way the chineese society has adopted and thee direction its heading for. See getting a job is just the begining. Once a person keeps working and doing the same thing for a long time and whatever he or she does dosent give the psychological, economical and sociall satisfaction, one's bound to be bored, unsatisfied, restless and rebelious. If you think that generating Jobs and employing ppl and making them buy senseless things are the solutions for a succesful society then you have no idea of human nature and what the current situation is leading all of us into. We are by nature Primate and bound to be attracted to nature by nature. People tend to forget this and embark on a money making spree thinking that it would bring happeiness. THey forget to supplement the money making with social upliftment of oneself and others around you. This is what is causing the deterioration of our society of the whole human species. Everyone wants to spread GLOBALIZATION, OPENING UP OF THE MARKETS IN DEVELOPING NATIONS FOR PVT COS TO INVEST IN, CREATING JOBS, SPENDING, NO GOVT INTERVENTION IN ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES OF THE COUNTRY, All this is making a regular person more angry and stiffled and we are actually setting out in search of peace and calmness which is hard to find anywhere these days due to GLOBALIZATION. Because all these above mentioned activities are what the rich and ultra rich CAPITALIST advertise and brain wash ppl with to enable them to make more money.

androme,

Those words r not mine, i replied to those words posted by streaky.unfortunately it didnt come in box,appreared as if i had posted.pls read previous posts u will understand.i totally agree with u,big fish eating small fish, rich eating on poor.i dont hv any hostile feelings for any country's common people n i kw humanity is losing its value n money is taking front seat,heart wrenching fact.

Rgds,
Art.
Sorry Art, my bad. I was reading your post and then went on to other paost and I guess your name was still at the back of my mind and just typed it in. It should have been directed at Steaky. SOrry for the confusion created. Happy to know that we are people who think alike. Thanks.

DonBaker

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
File Transfer...
23-01-2010
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
11-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2012
LANDED..........
You blow my mind with your write-ups! You are a worthy fellow. You understand very well what the world is all about. I'd like to connect with you.

DonBaker

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
File Transfer...
23-01-2010
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
11-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2012
LANDED..........
2good2btrue said:
Hello Everyone,

I would like to request everyone to stop making personal comments, like you are a loser etc etc. Off late I am hearing a lot about people breaking down due to interaction on the Internet, and people disabiling their facebook acoount, twitter account etc etc We really don't know how our words impact others, especially on Internet.

We really don't know, what we are dealing with here. I hope marcus is not having a breakdown and I hope these interactions here don't push him on the edge.

This is a beautiful forum that helps many people and we need to continue doing that, without getting very personal.

Cheers,
2good2btrue
Agree with you 100%. Very nice one. People please let's encourage and not demoralise peoples Spirits. We can build each other up and help change peoples attitudes here.

Well done all!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canloverdream said:
You have evry right to feel ripped off about Canada. Anyone that had a better life before coming to Canada feels the same way. Believe me when I tell you that you are not alone and i cant eeven count the number of times i have cried and asked myself why i allowed my husband to talk me into coming to Canada. Worset mistake ever. People here live in a a bubble, they dont know what a good life is that is why they feel that Canada is sometyhing sepecial. even in the third world country i came from i have never been as poor as i have been in Canada...this is just the reality, but i will never allow this place to stealmy self worth.
Now, let's compare the cost of living in Canadian cities and the top 50 cities of the world. You would find the cost of living in some third world cities are more pricier than Canadian cities:

http://www.livingin-canada.com/cost-of-living-in-canada.html

If you had a good life in one of those third world cities in the top 50, your living might be as good or even better in Canada.

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
androme said:
Sorry Art, my bad. I was reading your post and then went on to other paost and I guess your name was still at the back of my mind and just typed it in. It should have been directed at Steaky. SOrry for the confusion created. Happy to know that we are people who think alike. Thanks.

androme,

u neednt feel so much sorry,i jst tried to clear the confusion regarding that post.

Rgds,
Art.

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Olando said:
I can entirely identify with that employment video Scorpion. I remember picking up an employment paper and seeing jobs offering $30 p/h for security guards at Pearson Airport. But when I investigated things further I found that the company have been heavily criticised for false promises. Simply put, all the company was offering, was training in how to pass interviews, constructing a resume and a few hours of practical skills. So the advertised jobs never actually existed. In fact, the entire content of the Employment News was simply based around training in order to gain employment.

Canadian companies realise that newly arrived immigrants are desperate and an entire industry surrounding "gaining employment/Canadian employment skills" has emerged. People need to realise that there are not thousands of vacancies waiting to be filled. The market is quite simple, as new people arrive (in there 1,000's) a whole range of services are need to accommodate them, and this is what generally drives job creation. Unfortunately for most new immigrants, Canada as an active policy of employing Canadian citizens first, then permanent residents. So until you gain citizenship, you will generally languish at the bottom of the pile unless you have a unique set of job skills.

This is not a criticism of Canada, just simply a statement of fact. I have decided not to go through with immigration as my current circumstances are far better here in London (UK) as opposed uprooting my family to go and work in a low paid job. In fact, the job that I wished to go into (Correctional Services) has had a recruitment freeze on since Oct 2010. So it would not have boded well for me. I applied to be a Paramedic (as a secondary option) and took the test which was multiple choice which was straight forward because if you know the answer before you look at the options then it was quite easy. Although I did not get an official score I was quite cetain that I got 100% maths, 95+% Chemistry, 95+% Biology and 80% English (I have a BSc and an MSc in sports science). Well, I didn't get into Humber College to study Paramedicine. When I checked online to see whether I had been accepted or not, the online data implied that I had not taken the test so was unable to process details. That alone made me realise that although Canada is a beautiful country, they look after their own first and it's not a level playing field out there.

Thanks a lot for sharing ur experience.

Good luck.

Rgds,
Art.

androme

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-10-2012
steaky said:
Now, let's compare the cost of living in Canadian cities and the top 50 cities of the world. You would find the cost of living in some third world cities are more pricier than Canadian cities:

http://www.livingin-canada.com/cost-of-living-in-canada.html

If you had a good life in one of those third world cities in the top 50, your living might be as good or even better in Canada.
Could be true that some developing nations or 3rd world cities are costlier to live in than Canadian cities(ofcourse the reason is globalization and the fact that the price of oil is manipulated to make it almost unaffordable to lot of these nations. Lots of multinational cos set up shop in these nations and charge the same amount that an American or Canadian would be charged. For instance, a macdonald meal in Canada cost anything between $6-8. However the same meal in India would cost you $6-8*53= Rupee 318-430 or more. Now this is huge some for someone in India.) However, the so called 3rd world countries are not advertising themselves as land of opportunity and what not and lure immigrants only to trap them into fighting for mere survival and bring them down to a strata in the society which they didn't imagine they would ever be in. Infact the lure is strong that a Doctor or an Engineer in the home country immigrates to go up the ladder in the society higher than what he/she was in the home country only to find themselves pushed to a level of a regualr person. So the issue I find is that, Canada is marketed to be a land of opportunity and all the advertising is positive and rosy. No one except people like us tells the truth to the world or show them both sides. I dont mind coming here and grabbing the first job that I get and then work through the hoops and hopefully make it. However, dont hide the clause of CANADIAN EXPERIENCE AND CANADIAN EDUCATION FROM ME.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
androme said:
Canada is marketed to be a land of opportunity and all the advertising is positive and rosy.
I don't know about Canada market as land of opportunity, but sure USA market itself as Land of Dreams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWUA1CXIku8

Every time I pass by the CBP booth and the guy ask me where I am going, I really want to say to him that I'm checking out the land of dreams :p

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
androme said:
Could be true that some developing nations or 3rd world cities are costlier to live in than Canadian cities(ofcourse the reason is globalization and the fact that the price of oil is manipulated to make it almost unaffordable to lot of these nations. Lots of multinational cos set up shop in these nations and charge the same amount that an American or Canadian would be charged. For instance, a macdonald meal in Canada cost anything between $6-8. However the same meal in India would cost you $6-8*53= Rupee 318-430 or more. Now this is huge some for someone in India.) However, the so called 3rd world countries are not advertising themselves as land of opportunity and what not and lure immigrants only to trap them into fighting for mere survival and bring them down to a strata in the society which they didn't imagine they would ever be in. Infact the lure is strong that a Doctor or an Engineer in the home country immigrates to go up the ladder in the society higher than what he/she was in the home country only to find themselves pushed to a level of a regualr person. So the issue I find is that, Canada is marketed to be a land of opportunity and all the advertising is positive and rosy. No one except people like us tells the truth to the world or show them both sides. I dont mind coming here and grabbing the first job that I get and then work through the hoops and hopefully make it. However, dont hide the clause of CANADIAN EXPERIENCE AND CANADIAN EDUCATION FROM ME.

Wow androme,

U r hitting nail at right place,many times even i felt this.
Infact many things r hidden which average person cant understand n if u talk these things u will b back fired here.

Medicines r not covered,doctors dont spend much time on patients n medical coverage projected to attract people,loop holes no one knows except doctors n if they try to talk then labelled as etc etc........
Immigrant doctors r not absorbed inspite of shortage n these docs r settling for lower jobs or alternative decent jobs,its their choice i dont want to comment on this.look from country's point of view.third world countries r producing doctors n facing brain drain while western countries r getting proffesionals in class 2 or class3 jobs.then these countries boast later that even our class 2 people r better than any third world countries class 2 or 3 people.

Here i wish to give one best eg from my new network:

as im trying to gain foot hold here,i was introduced to one of the chinese persons thru a person whom i met here.he lives quite decent life here n settled long back,i can definetely say successful man.this person went to china n came back few days ago,within few days of arriving toronto he developed pain abdomen.saw the doctor was given antacids n sent home.next day pain continued went again to doc n was sent home with some meds,this continued even on 3rd day.on 4th day pain increased further n went again to see doc n the SHOCKING FINDING----diagnosed with ruptured appendix.ha ha i wanna laugh at canadian medical system,i pity canadians esp migrated ones who r stuck with tubular vision n cannt see negative things r dont want to accept.

"RUPTURED APPENDIX"

appendicitis is more of clinical finding,trained doctors hand is enough to find this,no technology is required n this high profile techie doc missed it.

Appendicitis( infected appendix) is an emergency n if missed leads to complications like rupture, peritonitis,abscess formation n can even take life.appendicitis has short window period of 24 hrs for operation,if not operated it ruptures n complications follow.

Im a doctor coming from third world country n appendicitis was never missed for 4 consecutive days in the city where i practiced.im not trying to look down on any canadian practicing doctor,i wonder hw this is missed.is it bec of ignorance or bec of negligance.i dont want to go into details of possibilities here but i will find out truth from my frnd once he recovers.

I dont want to b in his shoes one day as a canadian whether i practice or not.as a doctor i can protect myself,myfamily from these pitfalls to large extent,i sympathise others who had fallen pray for this n will continue to fall.if this continues or worsens,imagine state of affairs of medical system.there r many more things which i had noticed in the medical system but i will not share here for the very moral of doctors ethics.

WARNING: this posting is not to discourage anyone from coming,its an attempt to expose flaws in medical system.this example emphasises that flaws exist in this country like any other country.

Thanks for reading.

Rgds,
Art.

Reactions: einsteino

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
art2012 said:
Wow androme,

Infact many things r hidden which average person cant understand n if u talk these things u will b back fired here.

Medicines r not covered,doctors dont spend much time on patients n medical coverage projected to attract people,loop holes no one knows except doctors n if they try to talk then labelled as etc etc........
Immigrant doctors r not absorbed inspite of shortage n these docs r settling for lower jobs or alternative decent jobs,its their choice i dont want to comment on this.look from country's point of view.third world countries r producing doctors n facing brain drain while western countries r getting proffesionals in class 2 or class3 jobs.then these countries boast later that even our class 2 people r better than any third world countries class 2 or 3 people.

as im trying to gain foot hold here,i was introduced to one of the chinese persons thru a person whom i met here.he lives quite decent life here n settled long back,i can definetely say successful man.this person went to china n came back few days ago,within few days of arriving toronto he developed pain abdomen.saw the doctor was given antacids n sent home.next day pain continued went again to doc n was sent home with some meds,this continued even on 3rd day.on 4th day pain increased further n went again to see doc n the SHOCKING FINDING----diagnosed with ruptured appendix.ha ha i wanna laugh at canadian medical system,i pity canadians esp migrated ones who r stuck with tubular vision n cannt see negative things r dont want to accept.

"RUPTURED APPENDIX"

appendicitis is more of clinical finding,trained doctors hand is enough to find this,no technology is required n this high profile techie doc missed it.

Appendicitis( infected appendix) is an emergency n if missed leads to complications like rupture, peritonitis,abscess formation n can even take life.appendicitis has short window period of 24 hrs for operation,if not operated it ruptures n complications follow.

Im a doctor coming from third world country n appendicitis was never missed for 4 consecutive days in the city where i practiced.im not trying to look down on any canadian practicing doctor,i wonder hw this is missed.is it bec of ignorance or bec of negligance.i dont want to go into details of possibilities here but i will find out truth from my frnd once he recovers.

I dont want b in his shoes one day as a canadian whether i practice or not.as a doctor i can protect myself,myfamily from these pitfalls to large extent,i sympathise others who had fallen pray for this n will continue to fall.if this continues or worsens,imagine state of affairs of medical system.there r many more things which i had noticed but i will not share here for the very moral of doctors ethics.

WARNING: this posting is not to discourage anyone from coming,its an attempt to expose flaws in medical system.this example emphasises that flaws exist in this country like any other country.

Thanks for reading.

Rgds,
Art.
Is there a like button some where? That is part of the picture

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr Eng X said:
Is there a like button some where? That is part of the picture
There r several good things n the list goes on and on...,bec of these good things people r here n will continue to come,this post is for those people who consider canada is best.no country in the world is best.every country has its merits n demerits,percentage varies though.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Of course things like this unfortunately happen, but they can happen everywhere. Its not acceptable, but it happens.
A misdiagnosis in England stopped me from breast feeding my newborn twins because what I was told was a 'just a common spot' turned out to be an abscess - I went to 2 GPs on 3 consecutive days because the pain was so severe and it was only my persistence (& Google!) that got someone to listen to me!!

I know people need to understand how hard it is moving here but instead of pointing out all the terrible things about Canada, how about if we all try to tell people what options they have to try and avoid them??

For example, mobile phones are expensive here but you can get a $100 pay-as-you-go credit with Telus and it doesn't expire for 365 days, not 30 days like it used to.

art2012 said:
Wow androme,

"RUPTURED APPENDIX"

I dont want b in his shoes one day as a canadian whether i practice or not.as a doctor i can protect myself,myfamily from these pitfalls to large extent,i sympathise others who had fallen pray for this n will continue to fall.if this continues or worsens,imagine state of affairs of medical system.there r many more things which i had noticed in the medical system but i will not share here for the very moral of doctors ethics.

Thanks for reading.

Rgds,
Art.

Reactions: einsteino
Status
Not open for further replies.