+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child application 2024 - Is the IRCC screwed up or just me?

Pk1987

Nov 2, 2021
Thanks a ton guys, this makes it very clear. Will take this way ahead. Last couple of clarifications:

1. I am assuming the form "Separation Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada [IMM 5604]" is applicable only if one parent is moving and another is not moving. It is not needed for case where I am moving first and my wife is getting daughter later right?
2. Additional supporting documents on the portal also has a provision for 'Proof of physical presence in Canada'. Do I need to attach anything to prove that I am submitting this application inland?
3.I am applying for the PR once I am there and before my daughter arrives (on a visitor visa). If there is some issue in our application, they will not stop her from entering right? She has the visitor visa so her entry is sorted correct? I am asking if I should wait until she is in the country and then apply.

Thanks.
1. Your wife should be a co-signer or you both should travel together to skip this form. if that is not the case, you need to submit this form. Also, if it is inland application and you explain, kid is already with you both then also not needed.
2. though it is inland application, still you have to share the detials. (rental agreement, official docs, provate insurance statements, utility bills, etc)
3. if you apply before your daughter arrives then the application will be considered as outland application (point #1 is applicable to you, you have to share IMM 5604). there wont be any issues for landing with TRV in any case(IRCC and CBS takes each application as different).

the inland or outlander application is determined by the applicant's status in Canada, nothing to do with a sponsor.

Reactions: viraj.manek1

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
the inland or outlander application is determined by the applicant's status in Canada, nothing to do with a sponsor.
As far as I'm aware, there is no formal "inland or outland" determination in sponsoring dependent children - they are all treated as 'outland' effectively.

There may be details where of course it is relevant where the child is physically and residing - but this is not a different type of application as it is for spousal sponsorship.

Reactions: viraj.manek1