+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child application 2024 - Is the IRCC screwed up or just me?

Pk1987

Nov 2, 2021
Thanks for clarification
But in imm 5604 it is saying I am understanding that I may be separated from my above name child

So why spouse sign this as she will accompany with the child as spouse is also pr

Anyone who deal with this situation in which spouse is not cosigner?
Can spouse fill form as cosigner even if she is in India or she shd be in canada to be cosigner?
I was on same situation Bro, there is nothing to worry about. It’s the ircc process. If the couple is separated and the child is on shared custody then one parent shouldn’t take the child and come to canada. To avoid all that legal issues, they have this form.
if you do not share this form, either your application will be returned or they ask addition formation later to process further.
It is unnecessary delay in both the cases.

Pk1987

Nov 2, 2021
Ok thanks brother . Sorry to ask you again plz clarify
So in your case also your wife is not cosigner??
Yeah, my wife and kid is in India. She isn’t a co-signer. I have submitted this form and wrote the explanation letter saying my wife is in India so I have not included as co-signer.

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Ok thanks a lot for clarification
What to choose in country specific documents or
Proof for showing relationship with child
Like there are options of showing photographs or other things

I have aadhar card and passport of child showing parents name
Will these documents and some photographs are ok ?
Or no need ot share photo other things?

One more questions in form 5481 sponsership evaluation
I have to include spouse also along with child so in total three person I have to mention??

Pk1987

Nov 2, 2021
Ok thanks a lot for clarification
What to choose in country specific documents or
Proof for showing relationship with child
Like there are options of showing photographs or other things

I have aadhar card and passport of child showing parents name
Will these documents and some photographs are ok ?
Or no need ot share photo other things?

One more questions in form 5481 sponsership evaluation
I have to include spouse also along with child so in total three person I have to mention??
Are you using the checklist imm 5534? Checklist is clear with the steps. For proving relationships, I shared passport where as parents names are added, my insurance details, Aadhar, photographs, birth cert, financial support I give to wife and child etc. also I wrote an another explanation letter with the details and told them my stay was very short in India so do not have many photos so I attached a screenshot where as my wife shared some baby moments with me on WhatsApp. These all just to prove the relationship.

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
In country specific requirement I didnot find any specific form ?
Can you plz mention if anything I am missing any form which is to be filled in country specific. As supplementary info form is already added in pr portal online form.
For India

Pk1987

Nov 2, 2021
In country specific requirement I didnot find any specific form ?
Can you plz mention if anything I am missing any form which is to be filled in country specific. As supplementary info form is already added in pr portal online form.
For India
Only this,
Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM 5562) (digital form).

Pk1987

Nov 2, 2021
Thanks brother for constant help and reply of my doubts. I really appreciate thanks
No problem. My application was returned first time because in the consent at the end of application, I added my child’s name. It should be yours as a parent. Also the other form where it asks for applicant name/signs, it should be yours. This detail is not clear in the checklist, so pls take a note.

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Ok brother I will take care of this thanks
In sponsership evaluation form what to fill in previous year income as now only I move to cananda and last year I was in India. Can I mention my Indian income and proof of funds as source to support my child as now I am searching job .

Pk1987

Nov 2, 2021
Ok brother I will take care of this thanks
In sponsership evaluation form what to fill in previous year income as now only I move to cananda and last year I was in India. Can I mention my Indian income and proof of funds as source to support my child as now I am searching job .
Sorry, am not too sure about this. Maybe someone else can confirm.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I was on same situation Bro, there is nothing to worry about. It’s the ircc process. If the couple is separated and the child is on shared custody then one parent shouldn’t take the child and come to canada. To avoid all that legal issues, they have this form.
if you do not share this form, either your application will be returned or they ask addition formation later to process further.
It is unnecessary delay in both the cases.
I don't think this is correct, and it's legally questionable. No need to co-sign, no need to do this form. Write a short letter of explanation that the parent who is outside Canada with the child will return to Canada with the child.