+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deciphering GCMS Notes

CanK

Jul 13, 2012
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone wanted to give me their thoughts/experience on my GCMS notes. There's so many short forms etc it's like reading a different language!!

More details on my husbands personal history were requested July 23rd and mailed off to them on July 26th. I assume reciePt would not be reflected in our file yet? I received the GCMS on August 16th.

I am already approved as a sponsor and the application has gone off to London.

These are the only notes put in by the London Office.

PENDING RCMP & GAPS IN PERSONAL HISTORY IRISH CITIZEN PI IS MARRIED TO CANADIAN CITIZEN, COUPLE MARRIED IN CANADA IN JULY12, PROOF SEEN, FIRST MARRIAGE FOR BOTH. NO REASON TO DOUBT BONE-FIDES. DEPENDANTS:SBJ HAS NOT IDENTIFIEDANY QUALIFYING DEPENDENTS FOR EXAMINATION. NOTE: SHOULD ADDITIONAL DEPENDANTS BE SPONSORED AT A LATER DATE THEY WILL BE EXCLUDED AS PER R117(9)(d) AS SPONSER CURRENTLY RESIDES IN CANADA, NO INTENET TO RETURN ISSUES TO BE ADDRESSED. SCC: NO ADVERSE FOSS- SPONSER. CLEAN UK/PC29/08/12 CLEAN IRISH PC 21/08/12 PI HAS RESIDED ON VARIOUS VISITOR VISA'S SINCE 2011 IN CANADA, CHECK INITIATED VIA GCMS. GAPS IN PERSONAL HISTORY WILL REQUEST THAT PI ACCOUNT FOR MISSING PERIED. CONDITIONS APPEAR TO APPLY. FILE TO MAP FOR REVIEW.

Thanks for the help!

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
CanK said:
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone wanted to give me their thoughts/experience on my GCMS notes. There's so many short forms etc it's like reading a different language!!

More details on my husbands personal history were requested July 23rd and mailed off to them on July 26th. I assume reciePt would not be reflected in our file yet? I received the GCMS on August 16th.

I am already approved as a sponsor and the application has gone off to London.

These are the only notes put in by the London Office.

PENDING RCMP & GAPS IN PERSONAL HISTORY IRISH CITIZEN PI IS MARRIED TO CANADIAN CITIZEN, COUPLE MARRIED IN CANADA IN JULY12, PROOF SEEN, FIRST MARRIAGE FOR BOTH. NO REASON TO DOUBT BONE-FIDES. DEPENDANTS:SBJ HAS NOT IDENTIFIEDANY QUALIFYING DEPENDENTS FOR EXAMINATION. NOTE: SHOULD ADDITIONAL DEPENDANTS BE SPONSORED AT A LATER DATE THEY WILL BE EXCLUDED AS PER R117(9)(d) AS SPONSER CURRENTLY RESIDES IN CANADA, NO INTENET TO RETURN ISSUES TO BE ADDRESSED. SCC: NO ADVERSE FOSS- SPONSER. CLEAN UK/PC29/08/12 CLEAN IRISH PC 21/08/12 PI HAS RESIDED ON VARIOUS VISITOR VISA'S SINCE 2011 IN CANADA, CHECK INITIATED VIA GCMS. GAPS IN PERSONAL HISTORY WILL REQUEST THAT PI ACCOUNT FOR MISSING PERIED. CONDITIONS APPEAR TO APPLY. FILE TO MAP FOR REVIEW.

Thanks for the help!
I think "PI" means principal immigrant.

"FOSS" means computer notes taken by CIC related to previous applications or border crossings. It says there's no negative information of that kind recorded. GCMS is a similar system instituted later. The GCMS check is probably to see whether there are indications he has violated any immigration laws while in Canada since 2011.

"PC" is probably police certificate.

"SCC" may be security clearance certificate. The white space might be something redacted just before "SPONSER". It's not clear to me why the sponsor would be mentioned at all in connection with this.

They say there's no reason to doubt the marriage is genuine. This is the most important point for most applicants.

It says your husband doesn't list any children in the application, so if this is a mistake, it can never be corrected in future to bring his children to Canada after he becomes a PR. 117(9)(d) is the section of the law that says this.

Since you live in Canada, you don't need to prove an intent to return to Canada.

The criminal checks for Ireland and the UK were clean.

They're going to ask your husband to account for time gaps in his background they say were in his application.

I don't know what this means: "CONDITIONS APPEAR TO APPLY. FILE TO MAP FOR REVIEW." It sounds like the file is being sent to someone or something called "MAP" to go over the file again. This is quite vague, so it may be that they've avoided putting in writing something the visa officer was thinking.

As an aside, the astonishing number of spelling mistakes in this short paragraph tells me something about the education level of this visa officer.

Edit: "SBJ" might be "subject."

CanK

Jul 13, 2012
Thanks that helps a lot!

Do you know what the RCMP thing is about? Is it a check?

K

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
CanK said:
Thanks that helps a lot!

Do you know what the RCMP thing is about? Is it a check?

K
Yes, they are checking is criminal or non criminal status in Canada.

Reactions: antiname