+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December Application OINP

rsingh123

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DigitalDestiny said:
Last year IRCC had 2 draws in december (4-Dec & 18-Dec-2015). I see no reason why it should be different this year.

One can argue that IRCC had conducted total of 23 draws in 2015, and 16-Nov-2016 was the 24th draw for year 2016 (IRCC conducted 3 draws each in Jan-2016 & June -2016 hence 24 draws till Nov) but again that still doesn't mean that they cannot conduct more draws in december.
Thanks for your replies skdubai and DigitalDestiny. I am not too concerned about IRCC, they do continue working as usual. However going through different forums here I felt that OINP is not too active during this time. Dont want to create any panic for anyone here though :)

Oksana.R

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-12-2015
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
03-02-2017
Maket55 said:
Hello guys! Just noticed this thresd and now wondering is there someone from Russia or Ukraine who is still waiting for nomination or additional documents request? I am 22 december applicant and still waiting...neither add. doc.requests nor nomination yet...Maybe for our countries the time frames are longer? Or harder to check some information that is provided in our application that is why such a delay occurs...because according to this forum many later dec. applicants have already received nominations or add. doc. requests. Or what does it mean? Please share your thought....thank you!
Hello! I'm from Ukraine. I've received a document request this month and I'm still waiting for nomination. It may be a slow process, don't worry and hope for better

s.abuhass

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
lovelycanadalife said:
Seniors, do you know if it is normal. The officer VK called my reference and no news since then. Should I expect a PF letter?
one of my references got a call yesterday! I will let you know once I have any update! lets hope they are only slow and no intention for sth negative :)

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
DigitalDestiny said:
Last year IRCC had 2 draws in december (4-Dec & 18-Dec-2015). I see no reason why it should be different this year.

One can argue that IRCC had conducted total of 23 draws in 2015, and 16-Nov-2016 was the 24th draw for year 2016 (IRCC conducted 3 draws each in Jan-2016 & June -2016 hence 24 draws till Nov) but again that still doesn't mean that they cannot conduct more draws in december.
first iis that IRCC has said they make 15-25 draws every year.

Secondly number of ITA is imp and not draws. 1 draw with 2500 is better then 3 draws of 800.

Hope they make draws to accomodate most of the OINP app. If they can stop nom. For intnl students they can also nominate all and accomodate in 2 or 3 draws

nevergiveup08

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skdubai said:
This assumption that OINP will stop working after November is funny.. No govt. authority will close for an entire month. they may have a few extra holidays due to Christmas etc., but they wont lock their doors and go home..
I dont think they are doing any favor to international students, for students who take admission to regular community college and do 2 years of studies will get only 15 points.. That snot gonna make any difference

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
nevergiveup08 said:
I dont think they are doing any favor to international students, for students who take admission to regular community college and do 2 years of studies will get only 15 points.. That snot gonna make any difference
It is not about the favour. the discussion is that those who are in the pool who got additional point will get ITA and that is why nominations from OINP and other provinces are paused for a while. OR else the PNp points of 600 will be a problem and not many will get ITA. So after this draw they will release all nominations. Meanwhile for OINp they are getting ready by sending add doc req to all.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
nevergiveup08 said:
bu they ar enot getting sufficient points, thats what I am saying only 15 pts
Now that depends on the CRS they decide to invite. They dont want the crs to go up thats why not nominating PNP app.

With every one point there are so many applicants. 15 points are enough man

nevergiveup08

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
Now that depends on the CRS they decide to invite. They dont want the crs to go up thats why not nominating PNP app.

With every one point there are so many applicants. 15 points are enough man
Well I would certainly go for 600 rather than 15 :D

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
nevergiveup08 said:
Well I would certainly go for 600 rather than 15 :D
Naturally. It also gives a backing that in case your application is returned you can again get ITA because the 600 points are valid for 6 months. So those who are expecting nomination should wait a while and not go for accepting ITA directly.

nevergiveup08

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
Naturally. It also gives a backing that in case your application is returned you can again get ITA because the 600 points are valid for 6 months. So those who are expecting nomination should wait a while and not go for accepting ITA directly.
IN AOR it says its a first come first serve policy.. When I inquired them how come people who applied after me got nominated and I didnt . They didnt have the answer. So its not that it is unfair with some groups or particular category.. Its just some has to face more injustice because of lack of transparency

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
nevergiveup08 said:
IN AOR it says its a first come first serve policy.. When I inquired them how come people who applied after me got nominated and I didnt . They didnt have the answer. So its not that it is unfair with some groups or particular category.. Its just some has to face more injustice because of lack of transparency
Totally wrong. They have kept their words of first come first basis and given out AOR.

About processing, every file is different. Some have 3 applicants and some have 1, some have 5 work exp and some have 1 so the time taken to verify is totally diff for all. They pick up the file in row but the processing is always diff. there is no reason to think about injustice to anyone. Moreover the new DD reached to them shuffled the files.

nevergiveup08

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope, One of my friend applied after me and received AOR before me and even he got nominated both have same status

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
nevergiveup08 said:
Nope, One of my friend applied after me and received AOR before me and even he got nominated both have same status
I was still waiting when a few December applicants had got nominated and some of them had even submitted their eAPRs. I am a November 5, 2015 OINP applicant. I totally understand the hardship of indefinite wait time but life sure is unfair sometimes. Its a cruel place and comparing your timelines to your friends' timeline would definitely not help the situation.

I was told the same thing by an officer - The applications are given to certain groups and applications with large workloads are processed more slowly. See, there are some October 2015 applicants still waiting. I would recommend you to distract and if possible, help others on the forum while you wait your nomination. That might make the wait kind of worthwhile. I sincerely hope that you will see some progress soon! Good luck!

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
nevergiveup08 said:
Also that some files are referred to Sr officers for decision and they take more time than others. so there are various reasons for diff processing times and you should not worry because at the end every file is processed and hope you get your nomination soon.