+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
puda said:
Just so you know, I have added a new color in the spreadsheet for people that don't update their information. (We have 12 members)

I will usually ask people here first and if I don't see anything happening within the next two weeks I will change the color of their application. That way it's easier for people to know exactly what is happening.

Since "in process" status can take up to 4 months, I will wait 4 months before doing that to people that still have a "green" status :)

Hope that works with you guys and thanks for the members helping me with the speadsheet. (Can't remember who is the admin here?) --> Can you modify the 'Average' cell? It's locked :)

Thanks Puda for actively helping out on the spreadsheet.

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
yyzhuang said:
I'm full of tears of joy! I just got my test invite in the mail. My test date is April 22 at 1pm!!!! I can now book my trip to my conference.

Sam, was your notice a 2-pg letter "notice to appear ..." and a pink-salmonish colored "important interview notice"?
Congrats yyzhuang... See I told you that you will get the invite and then go for the conference. Patience pays my friend... Good luck to you for the test and the conference. Do let us know what is the experience for the test and interview.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abemats2000 said:
Congrats yyzhuang... See I told you that you will get the invite and then go for the conference. Patience pays my friend... Good luck to you for the test and the conference. Do let us know what is the experience for the test and interview.
Thank you. No problem, I will update you all the moment I get back. I wish you and everyone all the best!

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations yyzhuang !! I see some momentum now this weekend. By coming weekend to 10 days, I am hoping all green colors from the sheet to be disappeared :p :p :p

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
triumpher83 said:
Congratulations yyzhuang !! I see some momentum now this weekend. By coming weekend to 10 days, I am hoping all green colors from the sheet to be disappeared :p :p :p
Thank you! I wish you the same. Going blue, then all yellow!

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
yyzhuang said:
I'm full of tears of joy! I just got my test invite in the mail. My test date is April 22 at 1pm!!!! I can now book my trip to my conference.

Sam, was your notice a 2-pg letter "notice to appear ..." and a pink-salmonish colored "important interview notice"?
Congratulations and best wishes for the test.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sntgblnc said:
Hello,
I am Mexican and I applied for my Canadian citizenship last December, so far this is how my process goes.

Docs sent on Dec 15, 2014

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 17, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 25, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 14, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Kitchener office on March 25, 2015. The Kitchener office will contact you.

So, now still waiting for the next update.

All the best for everyone in this group.

Cheers,
Santiago
Hey Santiago,

Nice to know you have shared your timeline with the group.

Your application is moving along. Hopefully you get your test date soon.

All the best,

SFD

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whoaah lots of good news here !!! I am happy for you all !
I am pretty sure at least one Dec. applicant is taking his/her oath before June 1st. Who's taking the bets ? My money is on Kovachum ! :D :D

yyzhuang, I am particularly happy for you because you are a fellow "Dec.-1st-received" applicant. So I kind of see normal processing of my application through yours lol.
In the meantime, I just have to be patient, as I roughly estimate my oath to happen in August... I really wanted to celebrate Canada Day as a Canadian though :(

Question for all of you though: 1) Do you think the background checks (CSIS, RCMP, etc.) are triggered right after AOR and before the "In process", and that the "In process" just means CIC has received all your background checks reports and are now making final review in order to send to local office ? 2) Or do you think that before "In Process" your application is just sitting somewhere in a pile, and that the background checks are triggered just after the "In process" ?
Personally I tend to think 1) is what is happening, because some of you guys went from "In Process" to "File transferred" in less than a week. I don't think CSIS, RCMP, etc. background checks are all done in less than 7 days !
The waiting game makes me engage in too much thinking :D :D :D

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shalom1 said:
Congratulations and best wishes for the test.
Thanks! I wish you best too.

AsianIndian, have you called CIC? My ecas status is still "transferred", nothing about test. I got that notice in the mail. It was a surprise, because I was expecting something next week. The letter was dated April 2 though. I think Sam doesn't have ecas update either. It's not very reliable.

dk_yvr

Apr 3, 2015
Hi, was wondering if any other December applicant received an older version of the RQ? CIT 0171 (09-2012) E

Even though the citizenship officer has filled in the relevant 4 year period dates at the start of the form (Dec 2010 - Dec 2014); almost every question asked states "since your arrival date in Canada". For me, that would be when I first came here as a student - years before becoming a Permanent Resident.

Confused as to whether I should stick to the 4 year period when filling out the form.

(My RQ was issued directly from Sydney, NS and I've been asked to send my documents to my local Vancouver office)

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
Thanks! I wish you best too.

AsianIndian, have you called CIC? My ecas status is still "transferred", nothing about test. I got that notice in the mail. It was a surprise, because I was expecting something next week. The letter was dated April 2 though. I think Sam doesn't have ecas update either. It's not very reliable.
I called them. The guy didn't even want to look into my file. He didn't ask me any information (file number, UCI, DoB, name, etc.) in order to access my file. He asked me if/when I had received AOR. And then he said the application is still in the early stages, that the processing time is 24 months (as if I don't know that this is written on their website), that I should keep checking the eCAS, and blablabla. Not even 2 minutes conversation. I was very disappointed :(

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
I called them. The guy didn't even want to look into my file. He didn't ask me any information (file number, UCI, DoB, name, etc.) in order to access my file. He asked me if/when I had received AOR. And then he said the application is still in the early stages, that the processing time is 24 months (as if I don't know that this is written on their website), that I should keep checking the eCAS, and blablabla. Not even 2 minutes conversation. I was very disappointed :(
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Did you mention your application was received on Dec 1? Maybe you ran into a not very helpful agent. If you are willing, perhaps try again early in the morning. Research shows that people tend to be happier and more patient in the morning than later in the day.

Another thing you can try is ordering ATIP. I haven't done this myself and this could be a bad advice :) Maybe other people with more experience can give you advice on this.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
AsianIndian, some of them are not helpful. Some are. the 2 year bluh bluh, it is just a way to get rid off you! Next time when you call, just tell them for some reason, you cannot access your ecas and you are worried you miss your test date ( I know it is a lie but if it makes them work, do it)

My application is in process since March 13th, No transfer yet! I am also calling them on Moday too. Good luck with everyone.

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
AsianIndian said:
Nope you simply have to tell them that you can't see your application online. It works. Call back, you'll see ;)