+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

Jarina

Apr 12, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am a first timer on this but I do have an urgent question that I do need help with.

I got my test invite and will be writing my test on April 23, 2015 and I have ready lost my PR card and recently lost my COPR and I have already applied for my VOS.

My question is can I still take my oath if I haven't yet received my VOS before the oath. I already was told by Cic that I could still take my test but unsure about the oath.

Please help anyone.

Thanks,
J.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jarina said:
Hi Everyone,

I am a first timer on this but I do have an urgent question that I do need help with.

I got my test invite and will be writing my test on April 23, 2015 and I have ready lost my PR card and recently lost my COPR and I have already applied for my VOS.

My question is can I still take my oath if I haven't yet received my VOS before the oath. I already was told by Cic that I could still take my test but unsure about the oath.

Please help anyone.

Thanks,
J.
Whats VOS?

If you have copies of your lost PR card and COPR then take them with you to the test. You will most likely be delayed after your test until you receive a replacement COPR. They may not schedule you for the oath until you actually send them a copy of replacement.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Jarina said:
Hi Everyone,

Please help anyone.

Thanks,
J.

I am not clear about your loss. From your post, it seems you recently lost your COPR and the PR card was lost sometime ago.
Did you notify CIC and apply for a replacement immediately you knew your PR card was lost?

pisces123

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
I'm full of tears of joy! I just got my test invite in the mail. My test date is April 22 at 1pm!!!! I can now book my trip to my conference.

Sam, was your notice a 2-pg letter "notice to appear ..." and a pink-salmonish colored "important interview notice"?
Congrats yyzhuang very happy for you!

pisces123

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Finally got test invite for citizenship test April 23rd. I am so happy!

thecoolguysam heartiest congratulations! it seems December applicants are now starting to get test invites.....all the best!

pisces123

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry_aussie said:
Finally our application is In Process :)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 8, 2015.
harry_aussie good to see your file is moving..

pisces123

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sntgblnc said:
Hello,
I am Mexican and I applied for my Canadian citizenship last December, so far this is how my process goes.

Docs sent on Dec 15, 2014

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 17, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 25, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 14, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Kitchener office on March 25, 2015. The Kitchener office will contact you.

So, now still waiting for the next update.

All the best for everyone in this group.

Cheers,
Santiago
Santiago...good to know that your file is moving... :D

pisces123

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gogec said:
Yay!

"We are pleased to inform you that you have reached the next stage of your application for Canadian citizenship. You are now invited to write the citizenship test, which assesses your knowledge of Canada and of the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship."

Test date: April 23, 2015
Location: Citizenship & Immigration Canada - Ceremony Room, Suite 200 - 877 Expo Blvd, Vancouver, BC
congrats gogec.. :D :D

Jarina

Apr 12, 2015
CanV said:
Whats VOS?

If you have copies of your lost PR card and COPR then take them with you to the test. You will most likely be delayed after your test until you receive a replacement COPR. They may not schedule you for the oath until you actually send them a copy of replacement.

VOS is the name of the application for a replacement for Confirmation of PR document. And the process time for that is 6 months. I am worried when I pass my test a month or so after I he my invite for my oath and I am unable to attend because I don't have my COPR.

Jarina

Apr 12, 2015
Shalom1 said:
I am not clear about your loss. From your post, it seems you recently lost your COPR and the PR card was lost sometime ago.
Did you notify CIC and apply for a replacement immediately you knew your PR card was lost?
I did and they told me if I am not planning to travel then I don't need to apply to replace my PR. My concern are if my oath will be delayed because my not having my COPR (landing paper).

pisces123

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jarina said:
I did and they told me if I am not planning to travel then I don't need to apply to replace my PR. My concern are if my oath will be delayed because my not having my COPR (landing paper).
have you spoken to any immigration attorneys?

Jarina

Apr 12, 2015
pisces123 said:
have you spoken to any immigration attorneys?
No I have not. But CIC did inform me I would be able to still take my test but I wouldn't be able to to attended my oath until I receive my VOS(replacement of landing paper) which I have already I applied for. Has anyone ever applied for VOS?

Jarina

Apr 12, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
i think VOS is verification of Status
Yes it is. Sorry everyone who had replied to me VOS is verification of status. This is the application name when you need to replace you landing paper ( confirmation of permanent residence PR)

Do/has any know how long does it really take for processing I know online it says 6 months.