File Transfer...
13-Jun-2012
Passport Req..
09-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2012
LANDED..........
September 28, 2012
hi, i'm from manila philippines and my husband is a PR in winnipeg, i would like to know of our chances to be approved, me and my husband just got married last Oct. 15, 2011. we are currently in the process of gathering documents as proof of our relationship. Me & my husband were classmates during our sophomore yr. in highschool, after we graduated yr.1997 we've not seen each other again, until we got reconnected after 14yrs. thru facebook dec. 2010, after chatting and updating, we fell inlove with each other & decided to be in a long-distance relationship end of Jan.2011, everyday chatting & also seeing each other thru skype, & also made our relationship known to our family and friends, knowing that we really love each other & realizing that we both want to settle down & have our own family we decided to get married jul. 2011 but we realized that the time was short for us to prepare for our wedding coz we want family & friends to celebrate with us, we moved it to Oct.15. he arrived Oct.2, from the time he arrived we went out & do the other things needed for our wedding, Oct. 5 we had our Pre-nuptial pictorial, and for the rest of the 2weeks before the day of our wedding had dinners with our God Parents and distributed our invitations to our family relatives and friends, and we also took a pre-marriage couseling/seminar conducted by our church because its a Christian wedding & its our church requirement as well. After the wedding some more dinners with family and relatives, then Oct.18-22 we went to Boracay for our Honeymoon, then when we came back from our honeymoon. we had more of family get-togethers from both of our families. Nov. 4,2011 he went back to canada and now we are fixing our papers. i would like to know of what you think of our chances? I miss him so much, 1month and 1week of being together is not even closer to being enough... i really want us to be together... hope you can help me and give me some encouragement. thanks! God bless us all! Is there anyone here of the same situation?

disisme

Jan 14, 2012
dear all,
I got married in december'11 with a canadian czn in India and we filed the papers outside canada on 27 dec. I am here on a PGWP expiring on 7 march,2012. My employer is not willing to get my LMO and it would be difficult to stay on a visitor visa bcoz I ll not able to work. My question is, can I file a work extn on the basis of the fact that I got married to a canadian citizen and already filed a PR ?

if yes, what docs will be needed

I really want to save my job. How can I buy time!!

seniors, pls help

thanks in advance

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
nayakae said:
hi, i'm from manila philippines and my husband is a PR in winnipeg, i would like to know of our chances to be approved, me and my husband just got married last Oct. 15, 2011. we are currently in the process of gathering documents as proof of our relationship. Me & my husband were classmates during our sophomore yr. in highschool, after we graduated yr.1997 we've not seen each other again, until we got reconnected after 14yrs. thru facebook dec. 2010, after chatting and updating, we fell inlove with each other & decided to be in a long-distance relationship end of Jan.2011, everyday chatting & also seeing each other thru skype, & also made our relationship known to our family and friends, knowing that we really love each other & realizing that we both want to settle down & have our own family we decided to get married jul. 2011 but we realized that the time was short for us to prepare for our wedding coz we want family & friends to celebrate with us, we moved it to Oct.15. he arrived Oct.2, from the time he arrived we went out & do the other things needed for our wedding, Oct. 5 we had our Pre-nuptial pictorial, and for the rest of the 2weeks before the day of our wedding had dinners with our God Parents and distributed our invitations to our family relatives and friends, and we also took a pre-marriage couseling/seminar conducted by our church because its a Christian wedding & its our church requirement as well. After the wedding some more dinners with family and relatives, then Oct.18-22 we went to Boracay for our Honeymoon, then when we came back from our honeymoon. we had more of family get-togethers from both of our families. Nov. 4,2011 he went back to canada and now we are fixing our papers. i would like to know of what you think of our chances? I miss him so much, 1month and 1week of being together is not even closer to being enough... i really want us to be together... hope you can help me and give me some encouragement. thanks! God bless us all! Is there anyone here of the same situation?
We are kind of like in the same situation. My husband and I have been bf-gf for two years before my family migrated to Canada. But during those two years, we don't see each other often because he works in another city while I study in Manila. But he would come and visit me whenever he gets a chance and we would go out of town with friends. He met my mom and youngest brother before we left. Our long distance relationship continued while I was living in Canada..for 3 years. Last year, I went home coz we decided to get married. But I am in school, fulltime, here in Canada, so our time is limited. We just had a civil wedding. In our case, we kept all our post cards, cards with envelope stamped with date. Because we have been exchanging cards and letters when I was already here, since 2008. We also have our old pictures together. We have our new pictures, during our wedding. We have western union receipts, because we have a joint savings account. I kept my boarding passes. All these we compiled and sent to the Case Processing Center in Mississauga together with the forms and other documents needed.

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
Ludovick said:
Hello all!

For all of you who sent their application in December 2011, let's talk and help each other here.

I've sent my application on December 10. Finally after all those months of processing papers, certificates and other requirements, me and my wife feel so excited but nervous at the same time. At least now, the real waiting game begins.

I'm from Montreal, my wife is from Philippines. What's your story?

Let's support each other, we're all in the same boat 8)
Hey! My application was sent on December 13, 2011. My husband is also from Montreal :) I have a question for you, After the initial review from the Canadian government, I know that the application is sent to Quebec after that, so they can also approve, how long is that process in Quebec (The one that determines the approval for the sponsor to be eligible to sponsor)?

kiwicanuck

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
18-03-2012
I was just looking on the November applicants thread, and people who filed their application as late as November 14 have been receiving sponsorship approval this week!! Here's hoping for a giant leap in the processing times today :) :)

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
kiwicanuck said:
I was just looking on the November applicants thread, and people who filed their application as late as November 14 have been receiving sponsorship approval this week!! Here's hoping for a giant leap in the processing times today :) :)
That news just made my day!Thanks for the update!:)

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Processing Timelines has just been updated.

Current processing time is 68 days and working on Nov 9th Application....

But crazy thing is ppl in Nov 2011 thread who submitted applns on Nov 14th already got their approval...Weird eh?

I hope they work faster than ever on the applications and i dont mind if they "intentionally" portray a date that is a week backdated.

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Processing Timelines has just been updated.

Current processing time is 68 days and working on Nov 9th Application....

But crazy thing is ppl in Nov 2011 thread who submitted applns on Nov 14th already got their approval...Weird eh?

I hope they work faster than ever on the applications and i dont mind if they "intentionally" portray a date that is a week backdated.
November 9th - sounds good to me! I heard somewhere on here that they process Spousal Apps quicker that other categories? How does that work? Surely they deal with the applications in date order?

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
We should start getting ours in middle of Feb!

sabar_acmi

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Submitted SINP application under family member sponsership on December 10th via FedEx courier and they received application on December 13th.

At present i dont know the application status, can any one helpme out, the way i can track my application staus?

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
sabar_acmi said:
Hi

Submitted SINP application under family member sponsership on December 10th via FedEx courier and they received application on December 13th.

At present i dont know the application status, can any one helpme out, the way i can track my application staus?
Hi, Your application was received the same day as ours in Mississauga! Not heard anything yet either, but that's ok, you may not hear until your case goes into process. Hopefully we should get ours around approved Mid Feb, if the waiting times stay about the same as they are now!

Good luck!

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
Any other December applicants around?? I know next month it will get Busy In here :)

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
I'll give everyone an update as soon as I get an email from CIC. My application was received on the first week of Dec. :)

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
I saw someone in the November thread, get their sponsorship approval, and they sent it out Nov 21st! We are getting close guys :) :D