+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2011 Applicants - Join here!

adventurer

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Nessa said:
This is what mine said for the first few days after I got sponsorship approval. After a week or so more stuff appeared, like my address and the status of the application. So I say just wait a week or so and it should show more! :)
hello nessa!

mine on the other hand said that application received with the corresponding date that the cic received it, that is on the very day that we received the approval email, then a week after.. which is the other day, they added medicals received. Maybe in the coming weeks additional information will be added? what do you think? Thanks for sharing your updates.. at least I know what to expect and what else should I looked for.. :)

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my application without option C cause I didn't have them at time, but a letter was sent to CIC explaining why I didn't have them included in the application ,

I am pretty sure If its needed, they would sent the application back stating incomplete, thats what my immigration agent told me
hope this helps

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
mehdiR said:
I sent my application without option C cause I didn't have them at time, but a letter was sent to CIC explaining why I didn't have them included in the application ,

I am pretty sure If its needed, they would sent the application back stating incomplete, thats what my immigration agent told me
hope this helps
yes i also sent explanation letter for not providing option-c. i hope it will work
did you get your approval??
best of luck :)

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
great, the application is sent on DEC 30 , 2011 however I haven't recieved the approval , nor the AOR. I believe they are working on the applications sent DEC 22nd, 2011. so they haven't got to my application yet.

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
30-12-2011 but e-mail received 06-02-2012
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
E-Cas shows Medical Received
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012 was In Process on March 19, 2012
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
Just got an update from e-cas stating that the "Medical Report has been received". Usually, at that point, does it mean that my application is already in New Delhi and they are working on it?

cobra

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Visa Office......
London uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
How are you guys signing into Ecas? Hubby is sponsoring me so I put the uci number he got in the email saying hey had received application and then his details and it didn't work. I also tried my details and that didn't work either...

adventurer

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
cobra said:
How are you guys signing into Ecas? Hubby is sponsoring me so I put the uci number he got in the email saying hey had received application and then his details and it didn't work. I also tried my details and that didn't work either...

hello there cobra..

you received which email the AOR or the APPROVAL? Because the only time you will be able to log in to your ecas is when you have already been approved.I meant once your sponsor as you mentioned was your husband is already approved to sponsor you. I also tried to log in the moment we received the AOR before, funny too excited.. it did not work either.I would suggest that you double check it first.. Hope I was of help. :)

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
ksunny said:
Just got an update from e-cas stating that the "Medical Report has been received". Usually, at that point, does it mean that my application is already in New Delhi and they are working on it?
Yes it does!!

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
ashunandal said:
ATTENTION PLEASE :-[ :-[
anyone who got sponsorship approval without providing option-c printout ??? ??? ??? ???
do they request option-c later if you dont submit with your application?
or they send application back??
im worried bcoz i didnt submit option-c :'( :'(
What's option-c again? If it has anything to do with medicals, you MUST submit that in ASAP, if you have not already! Anything other than that, you can send later on- perhaps before they request the document or after. You should just go ahead and send it in now, with a cover letter- with both your and your spouses full name, address, email, phone number, etc!

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
option C is not a requirement because not all people have it, if u don't have it, u can send a letter explaining why. Like for my case, I just arrived here in Canada and the time I submitted our application I don't have a job yet coz I just arrived a few days before sending it in. Thus, no income yet, so no taxes yet, so no option C. I'm just sponsoring my spouse btw, so no minimum income requirement. But I did submit an explanation stating my case and I told them I have been applying for jobs, I sent emails showing that I am sending out resumes, letter of explanation on how I plan to support myself for the meantime, if u have savings in the bank then maybe a bank statement, letters from my relatives that they will let me stay with them free of board and lodging and food, letter of support from my parents and my husband's parents stating that they will help us out financially in the event that it will take some time for me to land a job. But anyway, i found a job two weeks ago and I plan to send an update to them showing an employment certificate just to cover my bases that there will be absolutely no issues with sponsorship approval.

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear ashunandal
from my personal knowledge option C makes things easier for them to find out whether the sponsor has filed for bankruptcy or not / on welfare or not. That's all that matters to them .

also a bank account statement, rental agreement, a job offer, would be great,

cheers

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
mehdiR said:
Dear ashunandal
from my personal knowledge option C makes things easier for them to find out whether the sponsor has filed for bankruptcy or not / on welfare or not. That's all that matters to them .

also a bank account statement, rental agreement, a job offer, would be great,

cheers
thanx mehdir
I sent a letter explaining why I dont have option-c stating that I have not filed my taxes for last 2 years and that I am out of the country for the last one year. I also said that I have savings ($300 000) in my Canadian bank accounts and sent all my bank statements showing some investment and interest income so I am not eligible for welfare anyway. I also need a letter from my university to file my taxes and i said i will handle my taxes when i get back to canada.
best of luck!

M

myboo

guys, i have a question...is it true to spouse sponsorship get processed quickly if your spouse is a canadian citizen compared to permanent residence status?

adventurer

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
myboo said:
guys, i have a question...is it true to spouse sponsorship get processed quickly if your spouse is a canadian citizen compared to permanent residence status?

hi myboo.. I think that is not true.. or it is not a factor whether your partner/sponsor is a canadian citizen or a PR. i think as stated in this forum and from those that i read.. plus those that i know personaly.. as long as your application provides enough informations and that it shows how genuine your relationship is. the processing time will be shorten, I know a friend of my husband whose partner was able to have his visa in just 3 months. lucky them..