04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Erina said:
Thanks... yes I've been looking for the word. I'll do some research... but if anyone has info and stories to share I appreciate if you could share it with me.
You might want to check on this, but if you come up with concrete plans that you are getting married, I guess the visa officer will give you more time. You can explain plans to get married in a few weeks and I think (s)he will understand that it will take more than a couple of weeks to plan a wedding which is out of country for both people.

But you must be pretty concrete and show strong evidence that you're doing so for sure. Basically, this might allow an extension, because of the upcoming marriage. This way you can do it with both people present.
I'm sure your lawyer or the more experienced people on the forum can help you figure this idea out.

Raha

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 7th, 2011
File Transfer...
March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 26th, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 20th, 2012
Hey all! :-* :-* :-*
I m so happy seeing you here actively exchanging info and lessening each others stress.
I will be travelling to Toronto Friday night & I have butterflies in stomach... Can not explain the pain n the excitement i m experiencing simletaneously :-/
I will keep u posted abt the landing procedure!!!! ;)

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
Erina said:
Please people, I need your help....

So as some of you know I'm sponsoring under Conjugal Partnership. I'm thinking to get married, not under Iranian Law, since it's impossible. Basically we need to go to a country that is not our own, like Turkey or elsewhere, but since I'm not able to travel now, do you know if anywhere in Canada performs marriage while the partner is not present. You know like Ezdevaj Ghiyabi that we have in Iran for special cases... Is there such thing in Canada, or maybe States? I've been researching a lot but couldn't find whether Canada does this or no. Any thought would help. I need to do this within a month so it's very essential. Thank you.
I did the same research last year. For sure, Canada doesn't do proxy marriages. The same goes with Turkey, where both partners most be present for the ceremony. There are a few states performing them in the US. You also have a few other options, including a double proxy marriage in Paraguay, Mexico City (Federal District), or El Salvador.

http://marriage.about.com/cs/legalities/a/proxymarriage.htm
http://proxymarriagecenter.com/

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
Raha said:
I m so happy seeing you here actively exchanging info and lessening each others stress.
I will be travelling to Toronto Friday night & I have butterflies in stomach... Can not explain the pain n the excitement i m experiencing simletaneously :-/
good 4 ya

HappyGoLucky

Apr 26, 2012
Erina said:
Please people, I need your help....

So as some of you know I'm sponsoring under Conjugal Partnership. I'm thinking to get married, not under Iranian Law, since it's impossible. Basically we need to go to a country that is not our own, like Turkey or elsewhere, but since I'm not able to travel now, do you know if anywhere in Canada performs marriage while the partner is not present. You know like Ezdevaj Ghiyabi that we have in Iran for special cases... Is there such thing in Canada, or maybe States? I've been researching a lot but couldn't find whether Canada does this or no. Any thought would help. I need to do this within a month so it's very essential. Thank you.
You can get married in Golden, Colorado using a process called Single Proxy Marriage where only one party is required to be present. You will need to obtain three forms that are easy to fill. But they need to be translated into Persian and notarized by your partner in Iran. They will then have to be translated back into English and certified in the States. Proper IDs for both parties will be required. It's going to cost you a couple of thousand dollars. This is a legitimate site that you can trust: http://www.marriagebyproxy.com/military.php?gclid=COLtpdyxibMCFfBcMgodjXUAlQ

Good luck

E

Erina

Thank you Niloo, Güzelyol, and Happy go Lucky. You're very kind. Niloo dear I'm sending you a private message, I appreciate your reply.

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Erina said:
BC Girl your always kind to me, thanks.
Hi, Erina

a quick question, you mentioned your boyfriend is Kurdish, is he from the Kurdistan part of north west iran or Kurdistan region of North iraq?
if its Kurdistan part of north iraq I would happily help you if you need any info or to get married there it shouldn't be hard at all. I have a huge family there and they would be able to help you guys if you decide to go there for marriage.

I'm Kurdish myself by the way.

hope the best for you guys.

E

Erina

kitchener_inland said:
Hi, Erina

a quick question, you mentioned your boyfriend is Kurdish, is he from the Kurdistan part of north west iran or Kurdistan region of North iraq?
if its Kurdistan part of north iraq I would happily help you if you need any info or to get married there it shouldn't be hard at all. I have a huge family there and they would be able to help you guys if you decide to go there for marriage.

I'm Kurdish myself by the way.

hope the best for you guys.
Oh dear thank you :) He was born in Tehran. His parents were born in Iraq and raised in Iraq's Kurdistan. But his parents are originally Iranian Kurds, they were just born and raised in Iraq.

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
HappyGoLucky said:
You can get married in Golden, Colorado using a process called Single Proxy Marriage where only one party is required to be present. You will need to obtain three forms that are easy to fill. But they need to be translated into Persian and notarized by your partner in Iran. They will then have to be translated back into English and certified in the States. Proper IDs for both parties will be required. It's going to cost you a couple of thousand dollars. This is a legitimate site that you can trust: http://www.marriagebyproxy.com/military.php?gclid=COLtpdyxibMCFfBcMgodjXUAlQ

Good luck
That's actually the page applying to Erina's case:
http://www.marriagebyproxy.com/canada_proxy_marriage.php

Medi2012

Oct 2, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
Nomination.....
10-08-2012 in process
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Request
EXT MED RQTED-PARIS DEC 03,2012
Med's Done....
14-12-2011
Passport Req..
MARCH 6th,2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 11, 2013
LANDED..........
April 1st ,2013
Raha said:
Hello Raha, you may know these, but anyhow it is good to say and have no surprises.
Do not forget the package that you got from Canadian embassy in Ankara. Also have few recent pictures with PR specification with yourself which is for your PR card. You will be asked to go to immigration and the procedure will take you about an hour. We do have an Iranian Immigration officer at Toronto Pearson Airport, do not worry the officer is okay. Also have a list ready for the future stuff that you will bring later to Canada (until 2 years from your date of landing which for you will be this Friday) You could write any thing in that list try to put first jewelries , carpets, silver plates , decorative stuff like crystal , silvers ,….. . The officer will ask you and you should declare it.
Wish you a nice trip new Ontarian and again congratulations to both of you.

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
raha jan i cant imagine the feelings you are going through right now...have a safe and pleasant journey...and pisha pish welcome to canada:p!!!
btw please keep us posted in regards to what happens when u land and questions and forms that the immigration officer asks you..
im sooooooooo excited for you...super excited!!!!>:D<
Raha said:

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
medi are you a recent permanant resident??? if so can u please share some info????i cant remember the process...i dont even know what we need to get done once my husband arrives....:D:D:D...kollan energy mosbat mifrestam ta een ankara ppr maro bede:D:))
Medi2012 said:
Hello Raha, you may know these, but anyhow it is good to say and have no surprises.
Do not forget the package that you got from Canadian embassy in Ankara. Also have few recent pictures with PR specification with yourself which is for your PR card. You will be asked to go to immigration and the procedure will take you about an hour. We do have an Iranian Immigration officer at Toronto Pearson Airport, do not worry the officer is okay. Also have a list ready for the future stuff that you will bring later to Canada (until 2 years from your date of landing which for you will be this Friday) You could write any thing in that list try to put first jewelries , carpets, silver plates , decorative stuff like crystal , silvers ,..... . The officer will ask you and you should declare it.
Wish you a nice trip new Ontarian and again congratulations to both of you.

E

Erina

niloogoogooli said:
medi are you a recent permanant resident??? if so can u please share some info????i cant remember the process...i dont even know what we need to get done once my husband arrives....:D:D:D...kollan energy mosbat mifrestam ta een ankara ppr maro bede:D:))
I remember when my cousin landed 10 years ago, the immigration officer was soooo rude, as my cousin didn't speak much English, then they phoned an Iranian translator. She was there for like 1n hour or so. Also, when filling the forms the officer gives you, you can change your name if like many Iranian last names you've got a long one :D but it might make some trouble when later traveling to Iran, because your Iranian passport has your original name. Just to let you know:D