+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Erina said:
I remember when my cousin landed 10 years ago, the immigration officer was soooo rude, as my cousin didn't speak much English, then they phoned an Iranian translator. She was there for like 1n hour or so. Also, when filling the forms the officer gives you, you can change your name if like many Iranian last names you've got a long one :D but it might make some trouble when later traveling to Iran, because your Iranian passport has your original name. Just to let you know:D
you can change the name the first time you come here?????? I HOPE THIS IS TRUE! because my wife has a super long name that was just in her shenasnameh and we couldnt do anything about it since name changing in Iran is a huge hassle. could you give me more info about this? perhaps a website explaining this policy?

E

Erina

Toronto88 said:
you can change the name the first time you come here?????? I HOPE THIS IS TRUE! because my wife has a super long name that was just in her shenasnameh and we couldnt do anything about it since name changing in Iran is a huge hassle. could you give me more info about this? perhaps a website explaining this policy?
I'm not sure if they still do it. But I know someone who shortened his last name at the immigration office at Pearson Airport. I'm sorry I don't have any further information. If they don't do it at Airport anymore, don't worry. She can later do it in Canada. It's super easy, just costs some money. But I've heard if you fully change the name you'll have some problems when they stamp your passport at Imam Khomeini Airport. Not sure if it's true though.

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Erina said:
I'm not sure if they still do it. But I know someone who shortened his last name at the immigration office at Pearson Airport. I'm sorry I don't have any further information. If they don't do it at Airport anymore, don't worry. She can later do it in Canada. It's super easy, just costs some money. But I've heard if you fully change the name you'll have some problems when they stamp your passport at Imam Khomeini Airport. Not sure if it's true though.
Why would a name change in Canada cause problems in Iran? We are not gonna change her name in Iran ... it's only going to change for her docs in Canada. I'm pretty sure it's not gonna create a problem. After I found out that there is not much we can do we just decided to file her immigration app. for now and change the name when she gets here.

nelly*

Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2013
LANDED..........
02/03/2013
Raha said:
Hey all! :-* :-* :-*
I m so happy seeing you here actively exchanging info and lessening each others stress.
I will be travelling to Toronto Friday night & I have butterflies in stomach... Can not explain the pain n the excitement i m experiencing simletaneously :-/
I will keep u posted abt the landing procedure!!!! ;)
we will all experience d same feeling but wish you a very happy and successful lyf ahead :)

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
hey guys
I landed last year. as Mehdi said you can bring anything you want and write down anything you want to bring. actually there are 2 forms, one for stuff you have it right now, and the other one for stuff you want to bring. Both of them is their website, you can print it. For Carpet and Jewelery you should have pictures and purchase receipt. last year when we show them the list, they dont accept the carpet and jewelery. the guy at the airport was a nice man, he said its okay , but you should bring the pictures and receipts next time, so this year we have pictures, and we ask someone to put price on our carpets and write receipts for them.
after checking passport we went somewhere else which is for new comers. My mom is main applicant, so she go at the counter, they just take the papers which embassy in Syria gave it to us ( landing paper) we sign some papers,we took our suitcases. We went somewhere else for those forms ( stuffs you want to bring) and out of airport .... I cant believe its one year !!! it was last October !

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
here goes the 3rd week of october and the waiting continues!! and we havenot had any pprs in the last month if i remeber it correctly...yayeee Canada

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
Kurdistan-kazhal said:
here goes the 3rd week of october and the waiting continues!! and we havenot had any pprs in the last month if i remeber it correctly...yayeee Canada
yup just 2morrow left then we go 2 the 4th week of october

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
yehhh...and its going to be 20 month and 2 weeks for me after this upcoming weekend...and CIC has the nerves to state they have a high priority for family renification...but inshallah it will end one day,,just gota wait alittle more...
hbehmane said:
yup just 2morrow left then we go 2 the 4th week of october

alish

May 1, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/76xr8cz
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
Do they really state that they have a high priority for family renification??????????????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: and they make us wait so long?????? i think they should re-visit their guidelines and maybe get a translator...because waiting 6...7...8...9.....15...20...22...months is NOT being a priority :-s Inshala sooon this will all end for everyone and this process will be less than 2 months :D Dont worry Kazhal...Inshala soon will be ur day :)

Kurdistan-kazhal said:
yehhh...and its going to be 20 month and 2 weeks for me after this upcoming weekend...and CIC has the nerves to state they have a high priority for family renification...but inshallah it will end one day,,just gota wait alittle more...

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
ohhh how desperately i need that day..inshallah it will come sooner for all of you people and everyone that is suffering from immigration and the lack of empathy and mercy on Canada's part...lets pray and be hopeful for next week..2 years ago this month my lawyer told me expect to have ur husband with you next October that was 2011- here goes october 2012 and im still waiting!....hbehmane did u get anything back yett??

alish said:
Do they really state that they have a high priority for family renification??????????????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: and they make us wait so long?????? i think they should re-visit their guidelines and maybe get a translator...because waiting 6...7...8...9.....15...20...22...months is NOT being a priority :-s Inshala sooon this will all end for everyone and this process will be less than 2 months :D Dont worry Kazhal...Inshala soon will be ur day :)

alish

May 1, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/76xr8cz
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
OMG i know how that feels :( inshallah in no time you will get that email with the good news... its really isnt fair making spouses wait and be far apart... and they are issues visitor visas from left and right... instead of issuing somany visas issue some ppr's!!! INSHALLAH 4th week of October will be the best week FULL of PPRs :)

Kurdistan-kazhal said:
ohhh how desperately i need that day..inshallah it will come sooner for all of you people and everyone that is suffering from immigration and the lack of empathy and mercy on Canada's part...lets pray and be hopeful for next week..2 years ago this month my lawyer told me expect to have ur husband with you next October that was 2011- here goes october 2012 and im still waiting!....hbehmane did u get anything back yett??

sepiide

Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
May01-2012
Passport Req..
July08-2013
LANDED..........
Aug03-2013
Kurdistan-kazhal said:
Hi Kurdistan-kazhal, may i ask you when has your e-case changed to in-process if you don't mind? and one more question, in the chart i noticed you were asked for an interview, what was it about? waiting for such a long time is really hard and i'm afraid if my case is gonna take this long. it's been only about 5months n i'm daydreaming for being with my hubby till x-mas!!!

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
sepide may i ask u what is ur timeline? Are u in process?
sepiide said:
Hi Kurdistan-kazhal, may i ask you when has your e-case changed to in-process if you don't mind? and one more question, in the chart i noticed you were asked for an interview, what was it about? waiting for such a long time is really hard and i'm afraid if my case is gonna take this long. it's been only about 5months n i'm daydreaming for being with my hubby till x-mas!!!

sepiide

Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
May01-2012
Passport Req..
July08-2013
LANDED..........
Aug03-2013
niloogoogooli said:
hi niloo,
yes i've been in process since july30. but it seems there is no rule on how long it takes to get ppr after being in process! ???

sepiide

Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
May01-2012
Passport Req..
July08-2013
LANDED..........
Aug03-2013
niloogoogooli said:
Here is my timeline,
sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor .......... on May 30, 2012.
We sent you a letter on July 10, 2012 about the decision on your application.

Permanent Residence
We started processing ................'s application on July 30, 2012.
Medical results have been received.