Damascus/Anakara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2011
File Transfer...
04-July-2011
A+M said:
That's so odd for them to email the other form.... it's like they purposely try to confuse us lol;) we were so used to Damascus and wanting the green sheet, maybe Ankara is different???? but I know there's quite a few of us from Iran that have recently redone and emailed the appendix c in to Ankara. good luck!!!
Thanks A+M :) I know what you mean! So did you do the medical yourself the second time or the VO asked you to do so??? As you mentioned, the procedures may be different... I have no clue!

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
P said:
Thanks A+M :) I know what you mean! So did you do the medical yourself the second time or the VO asked you to do so??? As you mentioned, the procedures may be different... I have no clue!
Yes we did it (my husband) without being requested back in January. Ankara sent us an email mid February (about a month after) to confirm they received the results. you could phone the embassy to ask if they need the green sheet. or email, but you might get a quicker answer if you call them:)

P

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Anakara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2011
File Transfer...
04-July-2011
A+M said:
Yes we did it (my husband) without being requested back in January. Ankara sent us an email mid February (about a month after) to confirm they received the results. you could phone the embassy to ask if they need the green sheet. or email, but you might get a quicker answer if you call them:)
That's true, we will do it. Thanks :)

WXYZ

Star Member
Dec 22, 2011
P said:
What they have emailed us is IMM 1017 Section A. It already had all his information on him. The Dr told him that you have already have a Medical number so there is no use for filling in a new form.
the form is to show the date of redoing and the very fact that u have done it and also the place it has been done not for the date!!he should have insisted on getting the form.I think he should go and get it,after all the money they get for running these simple tests the least they can do is give us proof of doing it!!!

still waiting

Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
??-02-2011 and 12-01-2012
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2012
WXYZ said:
the form is to show the date of redoing and the very fact that u have done it and also the place it has been done not for the date!!he should have insisted on getting the form.I think he should go and get it,after all the money they get for running these simple tests the least they can do is give us proof of doing it!!!
Maybe this is a new peocedure because we never had anyone asked to redo medical with their old IMM 1017 attached. These doctors are trained by the CIC and I think they kept updated so probably that's what is happening.

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
still waiting said:
Maybe this is a new peocedure because we never had anyone asked to redo medical with their old IMM 1017 attached. These doctors are trained by the CIC and I think they kept updated so probably that's what is happening.
Hi,
on 20/ 07/2011 damascus send me a letter to re do the medical and there was paper attached with the mail, when i did the medical they did not give me any thing to send to the embassy, I asked the dr. she said there is no paper I have to give you, asked her again in the first time I did the medical before a year you gave me a paper to send to the embassy, so why this time no, she said because they send you the paper with the letter.
I said ok she knows more than me, its her job she knows what the embassy need.

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Hi everyone,

My wife and I have been following this forum since our application was transferred to Damascus on March 1, 2011, and it has been a great blessing to us.

We are now waiting while it is being processed in Amman.

Here is a one-page letter I sent to the Minister of Immigration, Jason Kenney, last week. I hope it will be of help to everyone, and it's something others could send him as well, and you don't even need a stamp to send it.

Ottawa Office: 325 East Block
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6

Dear the Rt. Hon. Minister Jason Kenney,

I am writing to you to request your urgent attention to the spousal class sponsorship processing situation for Damascus applicants who have had their files transferred to Ankara, Beirut and Amman since the closing of the Damascus Embassy on January 31, 2012, and to the 80% processing time that increased from 9 to 14 months from the start of 2011 to 2012.

I am a Canadian citizen and I sponsored my Jordanian wife in January 2011, and her file was transferred to Damascus on March 1, 2011, and it will be 13 months of processing time by April 1, 2012.

After nine months of waiting, I had my local MP -- your colleague, Peter Braid -- get involved, and his office has been providing excellent service given the limited transparency that even they are able to obtain.

We have been active followers of an online forum at canadavisa.com, and want to echo the sentiments of most on there who have been waiting over a year, in that we anticipate you will work for more transparency in the system, and make the processing times reasonably consistent among the various offices in the interests of being fair to all applicants, regardless of national origin.

It is extremely frustrating to have an online system that rarely gives updates on the status, and where we are told to simply be patient and are not even allowed to inquire on the status of our application before the 80% processing time, despite it going up from 9 months to 14 months, and two and a half months were essentially wasted by the closings of the Syrian Embassy in June and January, and the transfer time involved.

We appreciate the work of those who have worked hard to improve the system, and anticipate that you will make these improvements a top priority along with the ones you have already implemented this year to strengthen the integrity of Canada’s immigration system.

Sincerely,

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
JayJ said:
Hi everyone,

My wife and I have been following this forum since our application was transferred to Damascus on March 1, 2011, and it has been a great blessing to us.

Here is a one-page letter I sent to the Minister of Immigration, Jason Kenney, last week. I hope it will be of help to everyone, and it's something others could send him as well, and you don't even need a stamp to send it.

House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6

I am writing to you to request your urgent attention to the spousal class sponsorship processing situation for Damascus applicants who have had their files transferred to Ankara, Beirut and Amman since the closing of the Damascus Embassy on January 31, 2012, and to the 80% processing time that increased from 9 to 14 months from the start of 2011 to 2012.

I am a Canadian citizen and I sponsored my Jordanian wife in January 2011, and her file was transferred to Damascus on March 1, 2011, and it will be 13 months of processing time by April 1, 2012.

After nine months of waiting, I had my local MP -- your colleague, Peter Braid -- get involved, and his office has been providing excellent service given the limited transparency that even they are able to obtain.

We have been active followers of an online forum at canadavisa.com, and want to echo the sentiments of most on there who have been waiting over a year, in that we anticipate you will work for more transparency in the system, and make the processing times reasonably consistent among the various offices in the interests of being fair to all applicants, regardless of national origin.

It is extremely frustrating to have an online system that rarely gives updates on the status, and where we are told to simply be patient and are not even allowed to inquire on the status of our application before the 80% processing time, despite it going up from 9 months to 14 months, and two and a half months were essentially wasted by the closings of the Syrian Embassy in June and January, and the transfer time involved.

We appreciate the work of those who have worked hard to improve the system, and anticipate that you will make these improvements a top priority along with the ones you have already implemented this year to strengthen the integrity of Canada's immigration system.

Sincerely,

Very well said.
I copied ur letter and sent it to my wife in Canada. It's a right approach, we have to make them hear our voice.

P

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Anakara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2011
File Transfer...
04-July-2011
lele said:
Hi,
on 20/ 07/2011 damascus send me a letter to re do the medical and there was paper attached with the mail, when i did the medical they did not give me any thing to send to the embassy, I asked the dr. she said there is no paper I have to give you, asked her again in the first time I did the medical before a year you gave me a paper to send to the embassy, so why this time no, she said because they send you the paper with the letter.
I said ok she knows more than me, its her job she knows what the embassy need.
Hi Lele,

Thanks for your clarification. I was worried that he did not give him anything, but now that you have mentioned that I feel relieved ;)

P

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Anakara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2011
File Transfer...
04-July-2011
JayJ said:
Hi everyone,

House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6

We appreciate the work of those who have worked hard to improve the system, and anticipate that you will make these improvements a top priority along with the ones you have already implemented this year to strengthen the integrity of Canada's immigration system.

Sincerely,

Great idea! I will do the same.

Oct 17, 2011
JayJ said:
Hi everyone,

House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6

Sincerely,

very well said n done Jay, I've been thinking of doing the same thing for a while, and have written parts of a letter .

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
siavashf said:
Hi everyone!

I wasnt available for a while....any news? Any ppr?
of course one PPR for Substone! :p

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
samira12 said:
aslan maloom nist che khabare? meyareshoon chiye!
ecase to arezoo avaz shodeh?
NA!
No. Mine is unchanged. My e-case only says that they have received my application. That is all!

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mehdiR said:
let me know if I'm mistaken?????!!!!
substone's email states:
"If a visa is issued, it will expire on 18.05.2012 or on the expiry date of your passport whichever date comes first. You must arrive in Canada on or before this date, it cannot be extended or renewed. This letter is not a guarantee that a visa will be issued."

Isn't this sent on march the 3rd? so they only got less than 2 months to arrive in canada!!! and it's gonna take at least 6 weeks to receive the passport? Am I wrong? !!
He has only 57 days from 23rd March. He has to hurry up!
The funny part is that they never confirm that they will issue the visa!
It means we have to always waiting for surprises. Every time and every where! Oh Canada! My Canada! My wonderland!