2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
mikey said:
man man man...The people in Damascus doesn't work.....when they go to work, it takes them 2 hours to drink coffee, eat little muffin and read the newspaper. By then it will be break time. when they return from their break they talk to each other like "whats your plans for the weekend?" and "what kind of dog do you have" , "I had my beer in the sun" blah blah blah.

In a nutshell, people in Phillipe's actually work, thats why they finish things fast.

My wife's permanent residence status is "Application Received" and it's been the same for almost 3 months.

They cant understand that political views is critical in Lebanon. She already lost couple of her brothers in the previous war. Are they waiting until she dies or what?

The situation is critical everywhere in the middle east and this should be a reason why they should work faster.. I agree with the wasting of time thing. Honestly 9 months is too much for evaluating a file... What could possible be done during those 9 months that can't otherwise be done in let's say 6... I paid all the fees in the first place also with the first application and it doesn't seem to have affected my file in any positive way.. Why is it that it takes chinese people 4 months to get a passport to canada while it takes a lebanese, syrian , iranian iraqi or jordanian over 9 months... Honestlyyyy I think there is too much sightseeing going on in Syria and too little work done by those officers.

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017

I totally agree with you....I paid the fees in full ($1024), hoping that speed up my app. process, but I don't think this helped me out. They changed the processing time to 10 month.

Is there any way we can know which applications they are currently processing. CIC in Mississauga they tell you how far they are, i.e. processing application received after January 31.

Sleen

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
mikey said:
I totally agree with you....I paid the fees in full ($1024), hoping that speed up my app. process, but I don't think this helped me out. They changed the processing time to 10 month.

Is there any way we can know which applications they are currently processing. CIC in Mississauga they tell you how far they are, i.e. processing application received after January 31.

Alright I will tell you why it take that long and its not the process of the file:

The only reason that it take so long is the QUEUE FOR ASSESMENT ....that means that your file is on the side for the a lapse of time and they didnt start the process on the file till they finish the process on the other files that they are working on and that is before your file in the queue.
Logicaly if they have alot of file , the time for us to be on QUEUE is longer
The REAL question is , WHERE IS OUR FILE IN THAT QUEUE AND HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IN THAT QUEUE

hanna1072

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sleen said:
Alright I will tell you why it take that long and its not the process of the file:

The only reason that it take so long is the QUEUE FOR ASSESMENT ....that means that your file is on the side for the a lapse of time and they didnt start the process on the file till they finish the process on the other files that they are working on and that is before your file in the queue.
Logicaly if they have alot of file , the time for us to be on QUEUE is longer
The REAL question is , WHERE IS OUR FILE IN THAT QUEUE AND HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IN THAT QUEUE

now that is the million dollar question...

niagradreamin

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi..but in the previous inquiry they told me it is in qeue for assesment ..lol..and the one after that we inquired and they told us it is in qeue for review..lol...

mehrnoush

Jan 21, 2011
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
09-06-2010
Med's Request
21-07-2010
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
niagradreamin said:
hi..but in the previous inquiry they told me it is in qeue for assesment ..lol..and the one after that we inquired and they told us it is in qeue for review..lol...
hi niaradreamin
I'd like to know how long it took to receive the reply from Damascus for your inquiries?

niagradreamin

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi mehrnoush....they answered to me 24-48h after sending inquiry...

AAM7

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
Doc's Request.
29-08-2010
whenever I sent an enquiry it took minimum 2 weeks to get an answer

AAM7

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2010
Doc's Request.
29-08-2010
for the past 3 weeks we have not heard any news from Damascus , this is so strange and dissapointing :(

niagradreamin

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sleen said:
It took them 1 month and a half to give me an answer

ohhhhhhh...so long....i sent them 4 inquiries just the first one took 9 days...the others took 24-48h.....but they said same thing it is in queue for review and nothing else

niagradreamin

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAM7 said:
for the past 3 weeks we have not heard any news from Damascus , this is so strange and dissapointing :(
they told to my husband that they will release the visa of people who are eligible to get visa approximately at the same time
when i checked in this forum i saw it is right if u look at the foum they got theirs approximately in feb...i hope they release some in march too...it is mrach 11th:(.

niagradreamin

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sleen said:
And did they say when they will do that ??? hehhe
nooooooo..nothing elsee:(we don`t know really...they didn`t give more information:(

Sleen

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
niagradreamin said:
nooooooo..nothing elsee:(we don`t know really...they didn`t give more information:(
Yes because they take like 20 file for exemple and they give them the visa each month then its next month that they will do the next batch