+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

htraboul

May 27, 2011
vivi2 said:
Hey everyone,
Please tell me that there's no way for my husband to get his ppr before 2012!
My husband is going to apply for a student visa in November and the embassy in Tehran wants to keep his passport for 10 weeks, there's no way he will get ppr from Damascus in November/December, right?!
Hi vivi,
I hope that some miracle hapens and your husband gets his visa before 2012. My wife got a study permit from lebanon while she was waiting her visa there. It s not a problem if they keep his passport at the embassy. if he gets his PPR before he can ask for it.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
htraboul said:
Hi vivi,
I hope that some miracle hapens and your husband gets his visa before 2012. My wife got a study permit from lebanon while she was waiting her visa there. It s not a problem if they keep his passport at the embassy. if he gets his PPR before he can ask for it.
thanks htraboul :) i'm very happy that things worked out for you and your wife. oh its really good if he can take it back if he needs it, but they have stated in their website that they will not give passports back during this time! i don't know how serious this is ... :(

Hab

Sep 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Eh el e5raj el ed, e5raj ed 3a2ile wa wasiket el jawaz!
nagz2207 said:
so they are asking you for the original ekhraj el eid and original ekhraj eid for the family? or original of the certified translated documents ?

MR BOU

Sep 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hab said:
Eh el e5raj el ed, e5raj ed 3a2ile wa wasiket el jawaz!
anyway the translator accept only the original copy or it won't be stamped

MR BOU

Sep 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nagz missBOU was misinformed about the original marriage certificates in lebanon. it is required to send all original documents with the original translations. the translator will not stamp or certify any copies unless they are originals. they will then staple them together and they must be sent to the embassy that way. i know when missBOU sent the original package from canada she sent a photocopy of the marriage certificate since that is what they requested, but on this side of the world they want the originals. hope this was helpful information.

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
MR BOU said:
nagz missBOU was misinformed about the original marriage certificates in lebanon. it is required to send all original documents with the original translations. the translator will not stamp or certify any copies unless they are originals. they will then staple them together and they must be sent to the embassy that way. i know when missBOU sent the original package from canada she sent a photocopy of the marriage certificate since that is what they requested, but on this side of the world they want the originals. hope this was helpful information.
ya i know exactly when you bring it to the translator you bring the original. then he will translate then you send it to the ministry which CERTIFIES BOTH THE TRANSLATION AND THE ORIGINAL. but you only send the original TRANSLATION to the government right ???

MR BOU

Sep 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nagz2207 said:
ya i know exactly when you bring it to the translator you bring the original. then he will translate then you send it to the ministry which CERTIFIES BOTH THE TRANSLATION AND THE ORIGINAL. but you only send the original TRANSLATION to the government right ???
No i had to send the original marriage certificate along with the translated copy.

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
MR BOU said:
No i had to send the original marriage certificate along with the translated copy.
I did too.

ya libnan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011-03-15
Passport Req..
2011-11-20
VISA ISSUED...
2011-11-27
MR BOU said:
I dont see anywhere on CIC website that we have to provide the original marriage certificate when we apply. However, I didnt take any chance and did send the original marriage certificate. Anyway, what am I going to do with it? Put it in a frame? ::)

MR BOU

Sep 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ya libnan said:
I dont see anywhere on CIC website that we have to provide the original marriage certificate when we apply. However, I didnt take any chance and did send the original marriage certificate. Anyway, what am I going to do with it? Put it in a frame? ::)
LOL @ ya libnan.
when the canadian embassy in damascus emailed me requesting additional information it stated in the email to send all original copies along with original translated copies. i just followed what the translator told me to do. some may have been told differently.

missbou

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
vivi2 said:
thanks htraboul :) i'm very happy that things worked out for you and your wife. oh its really good if he can take it back if he needs it, but they have stated in their website that they will not give passports back during this time! i don't know how serious this is ... :(
vivi why dont u try calling Service Canada and see what they say about that. i know they give wrong info sometimes but usually they are pretty good about stuff like that. i think u still have time even if they hold the passport , even so they must make an exception to that and will release it for ur husband to get his visa! i hope ur husband gets the student visa , that wud be awesome for the two of u!

nagz i wudnt worry if u didnt send the original marriage certificate, if they had a problem they wud have informed u about it when they requested further documents from u.

htraboul

May 27, 2011
vivi2 said:
Thanks vivi,
I remember that my wife was about to cancel the application as she was fed up and she wanted to go to usa and wait there. So she called the embassy requesting her passport, the lady on the phone told here if you want your passport send us an email and we will let you know when you can come and pick it. But fortunatly the next day they sent an email asking her to go and get her study permit.
Good luck

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
I sent in the original for i5raj aid 3ailey and fardey and only a COPY of the marriage certificate/ translation...that's what they asked for?? now I am worried...maybe I should have sent in the original copy I had from the translator......

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
Send the following documents with your application and check () each box when they are enclosed.
•Send originals of the immigration forms (item 1) and original police certificates.
•Send notarized photocopies of all other documents, unless instructed otherwise. Retyped copies are not acceptable.
•If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized translation with a copy of the originals. These must be done by an official translator. You cannot translate your own documents.
•Check that each form is complete and signed, where applicable. Once completed, send the forms to your sponsor with all your supporting documentation

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
so u see the only oriiginal document requested is the police certificate. the others are notarized copies of the translated and the photocopies of the originals