+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

mchaabaa

Jul 8, 2011
Kurdistan-kazhal said:
most of the people on this forum are wating for background and security checks to be in....my hubbys 2nd med were recieved by the embassy 9 month ago...i dont mean to scare u or anything,,but if thats all they needed from u then u should get ur ppr soon...but for most of us on this forum we are all told they are awaiting for background checks..and these checks can take time, for some it takes less time and for others it may take a year (eg. my case)...goood luck and hope u dont have to wait any longer
GUYS !!!

OMG OMG OMG !!!! IT'S ALL OVER !!! My wife just received a letter from the embassy of Canada in Amman for a "Request for Submission of Passport" I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING !! 16 months in the waiting and its practically all over. If anyone knows what is the next phase can you please shed some light? They told her in the letter that she has 30 days to get her updated passport to the embassy how long does it take for them to issue the visa ? Days or weeks ?? And doesn't she get her Permanent resident card and not a visa ?? I am so excited I am shaking honestly. I think they are trying to move as fast as possible especially now that they have bumped up the processing times to 20 months. I know I was not a big participator on this forum but believe I was constantly reading when I can. I pray for all you guys to hang in there and by the will of Allah it will happen. I feel your pain because I walked the same road. God bless all you guys that are in the same boat and never ever give up faith !!!

E

Erina

Searched the whole car like 100000 times. Searched my purse, my cellphone, and my iPad again 100000 times, all men, not even women. See the so called "Muslim" men search a woman's personal belongings. Covered my eyes and took me to their "secret station". Searched my whole body, asked same questions 1000000 times, even very personal and family questions. Finally took me to a investigator, still with my eyes covered. He asked the fucking same questions again and again. Accused me for being a Satanist, because I had piercing and tattoo. Seized my iPad and cellphone and gave them back to me just the day before my flight back to Toronto.

I'm telling you I couldn't believe any word before it happened to me!!! YES it's this much scary and could be even worse. Anyways, I don't need to lie here as I don't know any of you guys personally. That's just what happened, and made me to hate my country....

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
baba i forgot to mention since you are mashadiiiiiii...NOTHING BAD WILL EVER HAPPEN:)))))....
Toronto88 said:
common niloo I have the sarbazi problem and I'm going to Iran in couple of months don't scary me. Thank you very much :D

I haven't heard anything bad happening. It's business as usual. But as you already know going to Iran always has its risks. Sometime they just pick on some people for no reason but the chance of this happening is very low and it's NOT that different from the way it's been in the past few years.

E

Erina

Toronto88 said:
I haven't heard anything bad happening. It's business as usual. But as you already know going to Iran always has its risks. Sometime they just pick on some people for no reason but the chance of this happening is very low and it's NOT that different from the way it's been in the past few years.

NOOO. A BIG NO. CHANCES ARE NOT LOW AT ALLLLL. I had proper hijab, no makeup, no nothing, my tattoo was on my arm and they saw it after searching me. But whatever.... The thing is just like myself, we Iranians don't take anything before it happening to ourselves.

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Erina said:
Guys I don't mean to scare you, but if you have no serious urge to travel Iran, don't go. I've been there for the whole summer... I got arrested for nothing (during Saran e Keshvar). For no reason.... nothing like bad Hijab or so.... They treated me like SSSHHHIIIITTTT after finding my student card and knowing that I was a Canadian citizen. Seriously, you never know.... but the situation is this much *censored word*ed up.... I wouldn't have believed anything before it happened to myself. I can't explain how monstrous those people were.....
That's pretty normal these days. If you dont wanna get arrest dont go around their dogs (aka basijis)! Also don't try to test the limits of their hejab policy! Just dress in a way that they approve of and they will let you be. My wife always had normal manto and almost all of her hair was in all the time so they never picked on us to show them proof of relationship! I also look casual (mosbat!) 8) so they never stopped us even tho we are young. This was despite the fact that they used to pick on people around us! :p
I know it sucks that we have to adjust ourselves with these idiots' guidelines but since we are gonna live in Canada and in freedom I'm like let them dicated what they want for now we are getting away from this hell hole soon ::)

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
A BIIIIIIIIIG long awaited CONGRATS:p....im not sure in Amman but in Ankara when u submit the passport in person the day after you can go and pick it up...and its just a visa...ur get your pr a month after you land in canada
mchaabaa said:
GUYS !!!

OMG OMG OMG !!!! IT'S ALL OVER !!! My wife just received a letter from the embassy of Canada in Amman for a "Request for Submission of Passport" I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING !! 16 months in the waiting and its practically all over. If anyone knows what is the next phase can you please shed some light? They told her in the letter that she has 30 days to get her updated passport to the embassy how long does it take for them to issue the visa ? Days or weeks ?? And doesn't she get her Permanent resident card and not a visa ?? I am so excited I am shaking honestly. I think they are trying to move as fast as possible especially now that they have bumped up the processing times to 20 months. I know I was not a big participator on this forum but believe I was constantly reading when I can. I pray for all you guys to hang in there and by the will of Allah it will happen. I feel your pain because I walked the same road. God bless all you guys that are in the same boat and never ever give up faith !!!

arsha1363

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/7/2011
AOR Received.
15/9/2011
Erina said:
Guys I don't mean to scare you, but if you have no serious urge to travel Iran, don't go. I've been there for the whole summer... I got arrested for nothing (during Saran e Keshvar). For no reason.... nothing like bad Hijab or so.... They treated me like SSSHHHIIIITTTT after finding my student card and knowing that I was a Canadian citizen. Seriously, you never know.... but the situation is this much *censored word*ed up.... I wouldn't have believed anything before it happened to myself. I can't explain how monstrous those people were.....
Erina ,it's what happen to Iranian every day.they arrest girls and boys for no reason everyday.so it has nothing to do with being canadian or something.as you said they arrested you while you were walking so how would they know you might be a Canadian.Unfortunatley it's the situation for all Iranians here...

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
mchaabaa said:
GUYS !!!

WOW! unexpected good news! Congrants!!! ;)

you are 99% DONE! just send in the passport and you are good to gooooooo

E

Erina

mchaabaa said:
GUYS !!!

Congtasssss ;)

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Erina said:
Searched the whole car like 100000 times. Searched my purse, my cellphone, and my iPad again 100000 times, all men, not even women. See the so called "Muslim" men search a woman's personal belongings. Covered my eyes and took me to their "secret station". Searched my whole body, asked same questions 1000000 times, even very personal and family questions. Finally took me to a investigator, still with my eyes covered. He asked the *censored word*ing same questions again and again. Accused me for being a Satanist, because I had piercing and tattoo. Seized my iPad and cellphone and gave them back to me just the day before my flight back to Toronto.

I'm telling you I couldn't believe any word before it happened to me!!! YES it's this much scary and could be even worse. Anyways, I don't need to lie here as I don't know any of you guys personally. That's just what happened, and made me to hate my country....
I'm sorry to hear this. Hope it never happens to you again.
I myself was put in a temp prison for a box of firecrackers and I was told scary things like they are gonna put hot water under our feet in an overcrowded cell so we cant sleep!!! AND I WAS ONLY 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! had nightmares for years ... ??? who does that to a 13 year old KID!?? just because they didnt want us to celebrate 4shabeh sori an old tradition...
but thankfully I found my way to Canada and dont have to put up with this stupid country and culture that has turned into crap... hope the situation there improves as Iranians are mostly good people but a minority of fanatics are destroying everything. but im done worrying about iran have done my part by having my youth wasted there... I just wish them the best ...

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Erina said:
This thread blows me away. Its a little hard to follow. such horrible things you went through !

mrirn2535

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Done
Güzelyol said:
And the next time, it'll be about visa processing times... if you don't mind my taking breaks for communicating with the journalist working on this ;)
Dear All

Try to contact with media here are some of them :

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/
http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/more/contact-us
http://www.montrealgazette.com/opinion/letters/letters-to-the-editor.html

Try to contact your MP :

http://www.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParliament/MainMPsCompleteList.aspx?TimePeriod=current

Try to contact immigration ministry of your province:
In Quebec: Mrs. Diane De Courcy
http://www.assnat.qc.ca/en/deputes/de-courcy-diane-12221/coordonnees.html

Try also contact with Amir Khadivar :
http://www.assnat.qc.ca/en/deputes/khadir-amir-25/coordonnees.html

Try to contact to anybody which you think it might be helpful

Describe this mess situation

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
mrirn2535 said:
Dear All

Try to contact your MP :

http://www.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParliament/MainMPsCompleteList.aspx?TimePeriod=current

In Quebec:

hate to break it to you....they dont care ! Im Canadian, waiting 3 1/2 yeas to bring my partner here....indeed a nightmare !

E

Erina

gsize said:
This thread blows me away. Its a little hard to follow. such horrible things you went through !
That's the sad reality about Iranians. We're basically not welcomed in our own country and here in Canada it seems we are victims for what our government does.

E

Erina

mrirn2535 said:
Dear All

Try to contact your MP :

In Quebec:

Thanks for info