+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
sheyda said:
You hardly understand ;) i don't understand at all .. can someone translate it pleaaase if it good news .. if it's not , forget it :(
Not good news, just the sad truth about what's going on at CIC.

E

Erina

Güzelyol said:
After the last budget, CIC cut 75 call centre agent positions. Then, they were just able to answer 9% of the 30,000 calls they receive daily. They had to re-hire 30 agents, so that they could answer 40% of the daily calls. Their actual target is to answer 80% of the calls. Immigration lawyers were asked to do the test and try calling CIC. It took them four hours to be able to talk to someone.
So it means the main problem comes from their own CIC... I think we should have applied 3 years ago!!! When it took maximum 10 months to process, and everything was in much more order...

E

Erina

I don't understand what the fuck is going on in Canadian system.... I hope they would say we need less immigrants at first place instead of putting us under pressure... I hate living in the States, for various reasons I prefer living in Canada. But see, US has long no relationship with Iran whatsoever, and still they are almost serving Iranian applicants, at least in family category, as other nationalities. They might do it for their own sake and politics, I don't care. But they have much more straight forward rules and routes. Oh God I'm not going to get angry....

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
Erina said:
So it means the main problem comes from their own CIC... I think we should have applied 3 years ago!!! When it took maximum 10 months to process, and everything was in much more order...
If you cut positions of people offering service to the population, chances are that you'll not be able to offer as much service as you used to offer. Everyone can easily understand that, except maybe the ones who made those... uh... let's say questionable... decisions.

arsha1363

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/7/2011
AOR Received.
15/9/2011
Do you guys know anyone who went to Iran?how was the situation?is it ok going there?

mchaabaa

Jul 8, 2011
Guys,

Has anyone on this forum had to redo his/her medicals for a second time ? My Spouses application became in processes at the beginning of Oct/2012 and shortly after they asked for her to redo her medicals in which she did. A month later Nov/2012 my ecas has changed to medicals received. We have been all in all waiting for approx 16 months now and they just recently vamped up the processing times to 20 months, this is the second time they do this when it comes close to the final date. Has anyone received there ppr shortly after doing there second medical? I have a strong intuition that this is coming to a final decision for me. I hope inshallah that it will not go another 4 months because that would just devastate me and my wife. Advise please and God bless !!!

mrirn2535

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Done
Güzelyol said:
And the next time, it'll be about visa processing times... if you don't mind my taking breaks for communicating with the journalist working on this ;)
That's a great idea,Thanks

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
most of the people on this forum are wating for background and security checks to be in....my hubbys 2nd med were recieved by the embassy 9 month ago...i dont mean to scare u or anything,,but if thats all they needed from u then u should get ur ppr soon...but for most of us on this forum we are all told they are awaiting for background checks..and these checks can take time, for some it takes less time and for others it may take a year (eg. my case)...goood luck and hope u dont have to wait any longer
mchaabaa said:
Guys,

Has anyone on this forum had to redo his/her medicals for a second time ? My Spouses application became in processes at the beginning of Oct/2012 and shortly after they asked for her to redo her medicals in which she did. A month later Nov/2012 my ecas has changed to medicals received. We have been all in all waiting for approx 16 months now and they just recently vamped up the processing times to 20 months, this is the second time they do this when it comes close to the final date. Has anyone received there ppr shortly after doing there second medical? I have a strong intuition that this is coming to a final decision for me. I hope inshallah that it will not go another 4 months because that would just devastate me and my wife. Advise please and God bless !!!

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
apart from everything being expensive i havent heard any alarming stories...but if you have the "sarbazi" problem...id say go to more mutual grounds like turkey...btw the dollar went up again today...fyi:D
arsha1363 said:
Do you guys know anyone who went to Iran?how was the situation?is it ok going there?

arsha1363

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/7/2011
AOR Received.
15/9/2011
niloogoogooli said:
apart from everything being expensive i havent heard any alarming stories...but if you have the "sarbazi" problem...id say go to more mutual grounds like turkey...btw the dollar went up again today...fyi:D
what you mean by sarbazi problem?have you heard problem that happend for anyone recently?

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
i havent heard anything....but with the situation in israel..u never know...but the chances are pretty unlikely of anything happening...if ur planning on going for a visit..its better now than later...but just double check to make sure they wont be able to put any restrictions on you coming back....

btw

if i have an expired iranian passport...do u know if i can still enter iran??? or do i need to apply for a new one...if so where is the iranian embassy? ..or is one not designated just yet...
arsha1363 said:
what you mean by sarbazi problem?have you heard problem that happend for anyone recently?

E

Erina

Guys I don't mean to scare you, but if you have no serious urge to travel Iran, don't go. I've been there for the whole summer... I got arrested for nothing (during Saran e Keshvar). For no reason.... nothing like bad Hijab or so.... They treated me like SSSHHHIIIITTTT after finding my student card and knowing that I was a Canadian citizen. Seriously, you never know.... but the situation is this much fucked up.... I wouldn't have believed anything before it happened to myself. I can't explain how monstrous those people were.....

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
so what happened after they arrested you erina??? its pretty scary
Erina said:
Guys I don't mean to scare you, but if you have no serious urge to travel Iran, don't go. I've been there for the whole summer... I got arrested for nothing (during Saran e Keshvar). For no reason.... nothing like bad Hijab or so.... They treated me like SSSHHHIIIITTTT after finding my student card and knowing that I was a Canadian citizen. Seriously, you never know.... but the situation is this much *censored word*ed up.... I wouldn't have believed anything before it happened to myself. I can't explain how monstrous those people were.....

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
niloogoogooli said:
common niloo I have the sarbazi problem and I'm going to Iran in couple of months don't scary me. Thank you very much :D

I haven't heard anything bad happening. It's business as usual. But as you already know going to Iran always has its risks. Sometime they just pick on some people for no reason but the chance of this happening is very low and it's NOT that different from the way it's been in the past few years.

arsha1363

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/7/2011
AOR Received.
15/9/2011
niloogoogooli said:
i havent heard anything....but with the situation in israel..u never know...but the chances are pretty unlikely of anything happening...if ur planning on going for a visit..its better now than later...but just double check to make sure they wont be able to put any restrictions on you coming back....

btw

if i have an expired iranian passport...do u know if i can still enter iran??? or do i need to apply for a new one...if so where is the iranian embassy? ..or is one not designated just yet...
I think you should extend it to enter Iran.There is a consulate office in Washington you should contact them.I heard it from my husband.I live in Iran.