+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

slmzalvi

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raha said:
Slmzalvi Welcome! Thanks for sharing your info and hope you stay here for just a short time ;) One more thing: what is your nationality?
hi raha joon , I am iranian and me and my husband have relationship for more than 6 year , he is in tehran and waits for his visa :) , so inporcess in our statuse is good meaning ?

alish

May 1, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/76xr8cz
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
Hi Raha jan,

could you please add us to your timeline as well :)

I have sponsored my Husband in Iran and I live in BC , Nationality Iranian :)
Visa Office......: Ankara
App. Filed.......: 10-May-2012
AOR Received.: N/A
Sponsorship Approval.....: 09-August-2012
File Transfer...: 22-August - 2012
Med's Done....: March 2012
and on ecas : our status says
" IN PROCESS" medicals recieved too , Inshala ke thats a good sign?

Raha said:
Slmzalvi Welcome! Thanks for sharing your info and hope you stay here for just a short time ;) One more thing: what is your nationality?

E

Erina

Just wanted to share this with those who haven't paid the landing fee yet. I asked my lawyer whether if the payment processing delays the issuing of visa once you've been approved. He said it DOES NOT. It only takes a week and they do it in Canada, so don't worry about it. It's better to pay it after approval since if by any means you get rejected, it's kind of hard to get your money back.

Hope to hear good news from you guys by Friday :).

atise

Sep 1, 2012
Erina said:
Just wanted to share this with those who haven't paid the landing fee yet. I asked my lawyer whether if the payment processing delays the issuing of visa once you've been approved. He said it DOES NOT. It only takes a week and they do it in Canada, so don't worry about it. It's better to pay it after approval since if by any means you get rejected, it's kind of hard to get your money back.

Hope to hear good news from you guys by Friday :).
It takes at least three weeks until Ankara receives the acknowledgement from CIC Mississauga. In addition, it will take some time for your officer to pick up your file again and continue the processing. I'd suggest rather than asking this from you lawyer, simply call CIC and consult with an agents.

E

Erina

atise said:
It takes at least three weeks until Ankara receives the acknowledgement from CIC Mississauga. In addition, it will take some time for your officer to pick up your file again and continue the processing. I'd suggest rather than asking this from you lawyer, simply call CIC and consult with an agents.
Yes I actually wanted to call CIC and confirm this with them as well since I cannot trust anyone but the actual people working there. But I just thought maybe to share this with everyone and c if anybody has already called CIC regarding this matter. :)

atise

Sep 1, 2012
We too hadn't paid the fees, and what I told you was based on personal experience. The funny thing was that 10 days after we paid the fees and submitted the receipt to Mississauga (by courier), Ankara contacted us and asked us to pay the landing fee. :)
We followed up with CIC and it took exactly three weeks until CIC confirmed the receipt of the landing fee. I don't know to what extent (if any) it has delayed the processing of our file ... hope it hasn't!

Good luck!

Erina said:
Yes I actually wanted to call CIC and confirm this with them as well since I cannot trust anyone but the actual people working there. But I just thought maybe to share this with everyone and c if anybody has already called CIC regarding this matter. :)

Raha

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 7th, 2011
File Transfer...
March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 26th, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 20th, 2012
slmzalvi said:
hi raha joon , I am iranian and me and my husband have relationship for more than 6 year , he is in tehran and waits for his visa :) , so inporcess in our statuse is good meaning ?
Hi slmzalvi! I can not access the chart from my office but I will update your info ASAP. Under which column of the eCase you have "In Process" ?
For sure it is good sign to know your file is in Ankara & In process. I hope your waiting time be short too. My husband & I also had proof for 8 years of relationship and our case was finalized in 9 months. Hope you get it much much sooner 8)

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
no ppr for today too!!!

solh

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-12-2011
File Transfer...
21-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-09-2011
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2013
LANDED..........
20-03-2013
Dunno why but Ankara has slowed down :(
Behmane, did they reply back to ur email?

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
solh said:
Dunno why but Ankara has slowed down :(
Behmane, did they reply back to ur email?
No, I don't think they do, I think because my application hasn't been passed 15 month so that's why. It's ok I have to wait, no choice lol. I'm sure they are working on people's cases we are not the only one, how many people are here in this forum? 50 Max right? And they are dealing with thousands of files. So solh I know for us is so hard but we should wait and keep our hope

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
hbehmane said:
No, I don't think they do, I think because my application hasn't been passed 15 month so that's why. It's ok I have to wait, no choice lol. I'm sure they are working on people's cases we are not the only one, how many people are here in this forum? 50 Max right? And they are dealing with thousands of files. So solh I know for us is so hard but we should wait and keep our hope
Dear September group,we keep our hope till get the result.

arsha1363

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/7/2011
AOR Received.
15/9/2011
It's been 13 months.SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

A

alireza_77

This is really strange. I hope at least we will get one ppr for sept or oct applicants this MONTH. Otherwise we should be worry. It is true there are other people who are not in this forum, but we have samples for different submission dates.
Sorry to say this but as this happened in 2007-2008 for skill workers, they may tighten the background check (they have mentioned this several times recently).
mediGOL said:
Dear September group,we keep our hope till get the result.

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
arsha1363 said:
It's been 13 months.SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
dont be sad i have been waiting for 20 month now...

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
alireza_77 said:
This is really strange. I hope at least we will get one ppr for sept or oct applicants this MONTH. Otherwise we should be worry. It is true there are other people who are not in this forum, but we have samples for different submission dates.
Sorry to say this but as this happened in 2007-2008 for skill workers, they may tighten the background check (they have mentioned this several times recently).
yeh background check is killing us, we have been waiting for the damn results for the last 4 month, and we still have to wait...i dont know what the hell they are looking for but they are not gana find anything there, because there is nothing to be found....