Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello every one

my wife's medical will expire in 20 days, with the new bulletin in effect, would u think we should go ahead and get the 2nd med, or wait for them to extend it ?

wish everyone the best

AbdullahJ

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus / Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011 July 21
Med's Done....
1st: 07 July 2011 2nd: 21 May 2012
Passport Req..
18 July 2012
LANDED..........
30 August 2012
mehdiR said:
hello every one

my wife's medical will expire in 20 days, with the new bulletin in effect, would u think we should go ahead and get the 2nd med, or wait for them to extend it ?

wish everyone the best
Mehdi, it is more safer to do it in advance. because it takes 1 month or more till they receive the documents.

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
mehdiR said:
hello every one

wish everyone the best
I would wait till they ask cuz they changed the law lately so i wouldn't be worried man

dirtypolitics

Apr 16, 2012
mehdiR said:
hello every one

wish everyone the best
Yes you should. The new regulation is sort of iffy. My wife redid it on May 14 and she got PPR last week. By the way, she did not email the receipt as it was done and advised by some people in this forum. We just tracked the package to ensure it was received by the medical centre in Paris.

Our rationale was:

1) what if they are about to send the PPR and seeing the receipt stop them?
2) what if we give them the impression that we are cool and relaxed and redid the medical test quickly?
3) they ignore the emails anyway, why should we bother?
4) how about we just let the process go along as it is. At least we know when the PPR times come, it's already there.

I do not recommend this to anyone, just described our rationale.

Hojat

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
mehdiR said:
hello every one

wish everyone the best
Hi mehdiR,
I agree with abdullahj,
I did my second medical 1 month before it's expiration.
I emailed ankara embassy and ask your question. They told me " we advice you to do it if it expire during the next month."
It takes about 1 month until the result of medical received in ankara.

dirtypolitics

Apr 16, 2012
A question for fellow Iranians:

is it possible to get subsidized $ from the bank before flying to Canada?

as you know to be able to buy subsidized dollar, you need to show a passport with visa and ticket.

I am sure Canadian citizen cannot get it because their iranian passport does not have visa stamp.

The reason I am asking is that we are not sure to get $400 for Turkey trip or wait to get it for Canada trip (you can buy it only once year).

Any help?

Anoushka

Feb 28, 2012
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2011
Doc's Request.
20-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-07-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
12-05-2011 / 26-09-2012
Passport Req..
06-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
01-01-2013
samira12 said:
Tomorrow is wednesday,
I 'm waiting for hearing good news my friends. :-*
I hope we ll hear good news from beirut& Amman,
Nenan ,honey?
are you ok?
Thank you Samira :-*

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
dirtypolitics said:
Yes you should. The new regulation is sort of iffy. My wife redid it on May 14 and she got PPR last week. By the way, she did not email the receipt as it was done and advised by some people in this forum. We just tracked the package to ensure it was received by the medical centre in Paris.

Our rationale was:

2) what if we give them the impression that we are cool and relaxed and redid the medical test quickly?
4) how about we just let the process go along as it is. At least we know when the PPR times come, it's already there.

ok i understand its safer to do it but his case is a bit different cuz he applied in December and thats why i said wait cuz he still has lots of time. but again its up 2 him

dirtypolitics

Apr 16, 2012
hbehmane said:
ok i understand its safer to do it but his case is a bit different cuz he applied in December and thats why i said wait cuz he still has lots of time. but again its up 2 him
once the craziness is over, most of the applicants must get their PPR in less than 6 months. So he may not have lots of time!

on another note:

in china and india the process takes less than 4 months (average 5 months means many get it in less than 3 months).

thanks to active people in this forum, canadian government is paying more attention to middle east.

Like I said last time, though we got our ppr, I am not done yet. We should continue to be active and try to elect the right people into the office. it's selfish that we only care about things that matter to us directly. it's not how it works. it's like insurance, everybody pays a small amount so a few people can benefit (that could be you or me!).

alternatively, we can hope the invisible god will help us. in the world map the countries who leave things to be fixed by god, they suffer the most. George Carlin has a good quote: "Praying is begging for an unseen deity to alter the laws of nature for someone admittedly unworthy."

basically, religious people live in paradox. one one hand they believe there is divine plan and everything has been planned based on god's will (destiny), on the other hand, they think if they are nice, god may change it only because of them! :)

we have been in canada for a while and we have only one or two MP from middle east. because we live our lives and let god decide for us (like god decided to screw up iran which was richer than south korea and turkey). realistically, we can keep faith and religion inside, and take action to change things outside.

during the election, not only i will vote but also I will at least take 50 iranians to polls, even if i have to buy them a coffee!

it's important to get into politics, even if it's dirty! chinese have captured 40% of canada, maybe we can get 5%? ;)

mosafer

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-2-2011
AOR Received.
12-4-2011
Med's Request
7-2-2012
Med's Done....
second 9-5-2012
Passport Req..
25-6-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-7-2012
Kurdistan-kazhal said:
how much longer do I NEED TO WAIT!!!!! Nenan Sweety you have lost hope in Amman Embassy and i have lost hope in Ankara! who else here has lost hope?? :D
I have lost hope too :'(

Raha

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 7th, 2011
File Transfer...
March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 26th, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 20th, 2012
dirtypolitics said:

Our rationale was:

When was the expiry date of your wife first medical?

Raha

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 7th, 2011
File Transfer...
March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 26th, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 20th, 2012
Nenan said:
I lost my hope to get ppr ,Amman VO is not good visa office,we stuck :(
Dear Nenan, do not lose hope. The only problem is that Amman is a new Visa Office with no experience in Spouse Sponsorship. They had to recruit officers, sort files, etc and obviously it takes a lot of time to get used to this new routine. Vice versa, Ankara was a visa office with experience in this type of visa issuance, thus it could rock it sooner than Beirut & Amman. So dont worry darling , as soon as Amman finds itself, the rain of pprs starts and yours will be one of the firsts! Amen! 8)

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dirtypolitics said:

Our rationale was:

I like your rationale . + for u

lovebirds

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2011
File Transfer...
April -19-2011
Passport Req..
June-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
June-14-2012
LANDED..........
Ishalah SOON
Hello everyone,

Today my husband gave his passport for the visa to be stamped and he'll get it back tomorrow at 2 pm, like samira. he said it was crowded at the embassy and there was a big line up :)
when we both were there, a month ago, there were not that many people waiting outside for visa

SO IT'S GOOD NEWS FOR EVERYONE !!! everything is moving much faster now ;) ;D